Author Topic: Who is John Galt?  (Read 795 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Who is John Galt?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 08:00:24 AM »
Huh, Galt's Gulch is in the Caribbean?  Well, why not?  I'm game!

Interesting to see the usual mixture of hardcore PaulBots and 1%er-hating Libiots trashing the guy.  I guess a lot of those job loses won't be cried over too long!

But the way the electoral trends are going I think even the idiot employees will be keeping their jobs.  If that is a good thing or not is another discussion, but I like the letter!   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 08:25:57 AM »
  I'm not sure I like the tactic but it's his sandbox and his sand.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 10:19:52 AM »
Huh, Galt's Gulch is in the Caribbean?  Well, why not?  I'm game!

Interesting to see the usual mixture of hardcore PaulBots and 1%er-hating Libiots trashing the guy.  I guess a lot of those job loses won't be cried over too long!

But the way the electoral trends are going I think even the idiot employees will be keeping their jobs.  If that is a good thing or not is another discussion, but I like the letter!   ::thumbsup::

Paul Bots should be happy- Ellis Wyatt in Atlas Shrugged burned his oil fields.  He left it as he found it. No jobs. No Equipment. No Production.
Don't bite the hands that feed you. And no, no poor person has ever employed me.  All through my life some Rich 1%'er has given me a job, loans, and everything I currently have saved or invested comes from that source. The Laffer Curve and Hauser's Law shows  you just can't push past a certain point. Normally they just drop out quietly- just reacting to the incentives given them - why put up with the crap? I am rich and tired. The beach sounds good.  They sell the business to someone who, lacking the ability to run it,  destroys it, corruptly sucks the life out of it, or just sells it off piecemeal.  The end result is the same. Some people are good at professional sports. Some are good at building businesses.  What do you think would happen if we treated professional football athletes as greedy, evil people? Took their pay and redistributed it?  Put weights on them to make them more equal, handicapper general style? Do you think  they would all stay and continue to play at the same level of performance?  No. The whole league would suffer, fewer people would watch, and everything slowly spins down.  The liberals demand to see what happens. Bad Luck. That is what happens.

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
This is known as "bad luck."

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 12:13:20 PM »
"What do you think would happen if we treated professional football athletes as greedy, evil people? Took their pay and redistributed it?"

Frankly I would love to see the attempt, and when they rebel see how they handle the criticisms once leveled at the 1% in business leveled at them!  What would a self-proclaimed "slave" like Adrian Peterson (the $96 million dollar man!) do?  His rhetoric is right out of the libiot/proglodyte lexicon, would he meekly hand over 50% or more of his earnings and shrug and say "I gotta pay my fair share" or would he tell them to eff off?

Frankly, the ones that should get taken to the cleaners aren't and the ones that shouldn't are...but that is crony capitalism and picking winners and especially losers for ya, Obamanomics at its ugliest...

Honestly, we should all go Galt and let these SOBs die!

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 05:19:02 PM »
  I'm not sure I like the tactic but it's his sandbox and his sand.

Personally, I like his candor. I would relish the opportunity to work for a guy where I know exactly where I stand. He's laying it on the line and being candid with his employees. He is telling them that actions have consequences and short-sighted people who make poor choices are going to be obliged to live with them.

How many times have we heard of people who voted for the POS because it was "historic" to vote for the black man - even knowing what an inept fool he was going to be? Thanks to the N-word in chief we have become a nation of producers and takers. I'm tired of explaining to the takers why they aren't entitled to my stuff.

Apparently so is he.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 06:28:57 PM »
Agreed.  Tired of defending what shouldn't be threatened to begin with, submitting to far away central authority is what led our Founders to take up arms and slay people.  I guess it will eventually have to come to that again...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 07:19:29 PM »
Frankly I would love to see the attempt, and when they rebel see how they handle the criticisms once leveled at the 1% in business leveled at them!  What would a self-proclaimed "slave" like Adrian Peterson (the $96 million dollar man!) do?  His rhetoric is right out of the libiot/proglodyte lexicon, would he meekly hand over 50% or more of his earnings and shrug and say "I gotta pay my fair share" or would he tell them to eff off?

Yeah, that's a laugh. If he was really a slave he wouldn't drop the ball so often.  The whip is a stern taskmaster!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 08:07:45 AM »
Frankly I would love to see the attempt, and when they rebel see how they handle the criticisms once leveled at the 1% in business leveled at them!  What would a self-proclaimed "slave" like Adrian Peterson (the $96 million dollar man!) do?  His rhetoric is right out of the libiot/proglodyte lexicon, would he meekly hand over 50% or more of his earnings and shrug and say "I gotta pay my fair share" or would he tell them to eff off?

Yeah, that's a laugh. If he was really a slave he wouldn't drop the ball so often.  The whip is a stern taskmaster!

Heh.

But it does illustrate how libiots dumb-down the real meaning of words, rubbing their faces in it is my knee-jerk reaction.  Glad to see I am not alone!   ;D   ::thumbsup::