Author Topic: WTF and KMA  (Read 1593 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
WTF and KMA
« on: March 24, 2011, 09:19:33 PM »
What is up with this administration's acronyms?

WTF = Winning The Future

KMA = Kinetic Military Action

Or is it just another  ::pokeineye::  ?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Re: WTF and KMA
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 09:59:11 PM »

Maybe, Or .

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 10:04:48 PM »
I guess their next one will be

FOAD = Feds Organizing A Dictatorship
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 08:03:08 AM »
I may be biased, but when it comes to The Regime...can anything be taken as innocent?

::unknowncomic::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 09:00:15 AM »
I may be biased, but when it comes to The Regime...can anything be taken as innocent?

At this point?  NO.  There's been too many, starting with the Sneak-in-Chief thinking he could get away with publicly flipping the bird a few times .... which he did.  "Whaaat?!  I was just scratchin' meh nose!"
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 09:09:57 AM »

At this point?  NO.  There's been too many, starting with the Sneak-in-Chief thinking he could get away with publicly flipping the bird a few times .... which he did.  "Whaaat?!  I was just scratchin' meh nose!"

That gave an insight into the deep passive-aggressive character flaw in this guy. To do such a thing in jest is one thing. To do it publicly in the context of running for the office of the President is beyond alarming. It demonstrates deep issues, contempt, and complete lack of self-control.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 09:17:42 AM »
We apply descriptors like POSOTUS and chuckle, but it's a nervous chuckle, for within it is the seed of truth.

Few realize the true character of this person, we are not among the ignorant.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 09:23:35 AM »
We apply descriptors like POSOTUS and chuckle, but it's a nervous chuckle, for within it is the seed of truth.

Few realize the true character of this person, we are not among the ignorant.

they is makin a list

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 11:01:18 AM »
That gave an insight into the deep passive-aggressive character flaw in this guy. To do such a thing in jest is one thing. To do it publicly in the context of running for the office of the President is beyond alarming. It demonstrates deep issues, contempt, and complete lack of self-control.

Right. It shows a total lack of respect for the very Office of President. Whatever you can say about W, and there are for sure some legitimate gripes, he had an obvious respect for the Office. And that's really what it's all about. Presidents, like us, are just mortals who are here for a time and then gone. The Republic is supposed to transcend generations by way of its Offices and Institutions.

This is also why fidelity to the Constitution is so important, and why I find myself "getting salty" when people (even some on the nominal Right) sort of roll their eyes and say "Oh geez, not this Constitution crap again". Fidelity to the Constitution is the only way the Republic can transcend generations. If we had true fidelity to the Constitution, the personalities who occupy the office wouldn't matter so much, because all they would need to be is a competent administrator. Somewhere along the way we swallowed this mythology about "great presidents" needing to be transformational or involved in steering legislative agendas, etc. It's all completely counter to the role of a good President.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 11:26:05 AM »
This is also why fidelity to the Constitution is so important, and why I find myself "getting salty" when people (even some on the nominal Right) sort of roll their eyes and say "Oh geez, not this Constitution crap again". Fidelity to the Constitution is the only way the Republic can transcend generations.

I think a lot of people are comfortable dismissing the Declaration and The Constitution as something a bunch of guys made up way back when and thus it can be changed to suit the "times" as the next bunch of guys want.  They fail to recognize it as the culmination and embodiment of thousands of years of human struggle for freedom.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 11:52:09 AM »

Right. It shows a total lack of respect for the very Office of President. Whatever you can say about W, and there are for sure some legitimate gripes, he had an obvious respect for the Office. And that's really what it's all about. Presidents, like us, are just mortals who are here for a time and then gone. The Republic is supposed to transcend generations by way of its Offices and Institutions.

This is also why fidelity to the Constitution is so important, and why I find myself "getting salty" when people (even some on the nominal Right) sort of roll their eyes and say "Oh geez, not this Constitution crap again". Fidelity to the Constitution is the only way the Republic can transcend generations. If we had true fidelity to the Constitution, the personalities who occupy the office wouldn't matter so much, because all they would need to be is a competent administrator. Somewhere along the way we swallowed this mythology about "great presidents" needing to be transformational or involved in steering legislative agendas, etc. It's all completely counter to the role of a good President.

Even back to Lincoln it mattered who, with what agenda, sat in the big chair because almost all of them have overstepped their Constitutional limits, despite what Congress and the Judiciary may have had to say in opposition.

We've needed a refresh of the Tree of Liberty for ..... at least a century now.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 12:06:57 PM »

Even back to Lincoln it mattered who, with what agenda, sat in the big chair because almost all of them have overstepped their Constitutional limits, despite what Congress and the Judiciary may have had to say in opposition.

We've needed a refresh of the Tree of Liberty for ..... at least a century now.

::thumbsup::