Author Topic: The Slow Motion Train Wreck of HotAir  (Read 2215 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: The Slow Motion Train Wreck of HotAir
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2012, 03:14:16 PM »
I'll cruise Human Events once in a while, maybe once or twice a month.  It's hard to hit everything everywhere.  I guess we all have our patterns and preferences, works though, we have enough eyes scouring the digital landscape, little should ever get by us!
 ::thumbsup::

That's exactly right -- we rarely miss anything. 

The thing is trying to keep it all organized into some coherent order.   ::whatgives::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2012, 03:24:49 PM »
I'll cruise Human Events once in a while, maybe once or twice a month.  It's hard to hit everything everywhere.  I guess we all have our patterns and preferences, works though, we have enough eyes scouring the digital landscape, little should ever get by us!

The thing is trying to keep it all organized into some coherent order.   ::whatgives::

Order?  We dohn need noh stinkin order!   ;D

Seriously though, we all seem fairly organized and y'all moderators keep us (somewhat) lined up.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2012, 03:26:46 PM »

Seriously though, we all seem fairly organized and y'all moderators keep us (somewhat) lined up.

::curtsy4::   Doing the best we can.  I still feel a twinge of cringe when I move, split or merge topics because I don't want anybody to be offended.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2012, 03:31:09 PM »

::curtsy4::   Doing the best we can.  I still feel a twinge of cringe when I move, split or merge topics because I don't want anybody to be offended.

Eh, should be no offense, judgement call.  Y'all doin' good!   ::hat-tip::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2012, 03:44:03 PM »

Doin' fine.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2012, 05:15:43 PM »
I'm relieved if you fix up my posts--so it's not out there hanging--all stupid like....

::curtsy4::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2012, 06:08:24 PM »
Anytime, ma'am, and thanks to everybody for "getting it".

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2012, 06:40:35 PM »
I think there's something positive to be said for a site like ours that I wish would be recognized by a larger audience. We of course offer our .02ยข, but even more than that, we aggregate the news from news aggregation sites.

One would think that amongst all the top blogs and news aggregation sites, there would be almost universal redundancy from one to the next, but that's not the case. Of course they all hit the main news stories, but the secondary things they choose to focus on provides a wide variety. We cherry-pick from them all, and bring the best here.

Hot Air though, has become a site that carries little that one cannot find easily elsewhere, and as I said earlier, they are often late to a story. Still, I go there out of habit. Their front-page format is clean and well organized.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2012, 02:51:43 AM »
Their front-page format is clean and well organized.

It was.

I am starting to look elsewhere for my stuff.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 08:44:34 AM »
Here's where I'm putting twitter to use. Following tons of conservatives--websites & people-- helps me filter out the interesting from the boring.  In a couple of minutes  I can peruse tweets and discover any links I want to read without having to go to every specific site to check.

Facebook can also be used like that.  "Like" Human Events and I get every Doc Zero column dribbling down my wall.  ::thumbsup:: 

That's who I read there more often than not.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2012, 04:18:48 AM »

Facebook can also be used like that.  "Like" Human Events and I get every Doc Zero column dribbling down my wall.  ::thumbsup:: 

That's who I read there more often than not.

Good idea.

Hey, I may just try this "Twitter" thin gy . . .
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.