Author Topic: Canadian Gun Registry gone  (Read 2307 times)

Offline robins111

Canadian Gun Registry gone
« on: November 02, 2012, 11:21:41 AM »
The government of Canada announced today the all the data in the Canadian Long Gun Registry has been deleted, with the exception of the information in Quebec, which has a court challenge to be heard in the Supreme Court of Canada.  It is expected that  Quebec will lose its challenge, as firearms legislation is a federal matter..   personally, I say thank gawd.. 

Our PM will be very happy to explain to your incoming President, Mitt Romney, just how ludicrous the concept of a registry is..

::rimshot::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Canadian Gun Registry gone
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 11:25:11 AM »
 ::whoohoo::

::beertoast::

Let's hope leftists don't make a copy though...I don't trust those morons one bit to behave decently!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline robins111

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 11:59:50 AM »
Libertas,that ones already been dealt with, the possession of a copy of the information, is a criminal offence..

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 12:14:38 PM »
Libertas,that ones already been dealt with, the possession of a copy of the information, is a criminal offence..

Good!  Let's hope you have government people with the stones to enforce it on behalf of the people, 'cause right now we sure as hell don't.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline robins111

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 12:33:41 PM »
People with stones...   there was an advisor to PM  Harper, who stepped over the ethical line on lobbying, he sat him down in his office, called the RCMP and had his ass charged.  The truth is, if he hadn't, nobody would have known about the behavior..   He's a bear for legal matters and if you break the law, he'll have your ass.  That what he expects of his cabinet also..  if a silly servant, or cop tries to end run him, he will have their ass publicly charged, bet on it.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 12:34:55 PM »
What wonderful, wonderful news.

You know, human nature is what it is. There are aspects of it that must be overcome by moral men and women in order for civil society to exist. But liberals come down on the wrong side of human nature, every time. They foster and facilitate base human nature like greed, envy, sloth, lust, wrath, pride, fear, blame, lying - but in things as simple and self-evident as the impulse for self-defense, they rail against human nature.

More and more, I see the battle between Right and Left boiling down to a battle between good and evil.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 12:35:30 PM »
People with stones...   there was an advisor to PM  Harper, who stepped over the ethical line on lobbying, he sat him down in his office, called the RCMP and had his ass charged.  The truth is, if he hadn't, nobody would have known about the behavior..   He's a bear for legal matters and if you break the law, he'll have your ass.  That what he expects of his cabinet also..  if a silly servant, or cop tries to end run him, he will have their ass publicly charged, bet on it.

Oh my God!  You actually live in a place where up is up and bad is bad!

"I want that!", she wails.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 03:08:20 PM »

Oh my God!  You actually live in a place where up is up and bad is bad!

"I want that!", she wails.

It actually exists? I thought it ranked up there with Oz or Never Never Land....
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 03:29:57 PM »
Congrats to Canada.  Just hope they do aggressively prosecute anyone for possessing a copy, because you know they're out there somewhere. And if Canada's federal government is anything like ours, no matter how solid your PM is, the army of bureaucrats are going to still be left wing activists attempting to undermine your elected conservatives whenever and however possible.

I'm quite impressed with PM Harper. It must be nice to have a leader who is unassuming and thoroughly competent. The contrast between him and Obozo at the G8/G20 deal a few years ago in Toronto was telling.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 03:32:59 PM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline robins111

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 04:20:21 PM »
Glock, you're right, but our groups started a program when the legislation was passed called the "Great Canadian Gun Swap" where we traded, sold and loaned hundreds of thousands of guns.  Therefore making the registry as accurate as a 30 year old phone book.  Then we told the government that we would never register again.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 06:13:01 AM »
At least I am closer to that border...if needed...   ;)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 08:17:01 PM »
  I'll be dipped I never though that was going to happen. Happy days.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 04:12:43 AM »
What is the legal situation for handgun ownership and carry there? Have they really become a free country as we are casting our freedom away?
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline robins111

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 09:14:31 AM »
What is the legal situation for handgun ownership and carry there? Have they really become a free country as we are casting our freedom away?

One of the lefty papers just got info that the conservatives are planning to change the legislation again to roll the handgun permits (RPAL) into a carry permit,in addition dumping a lot of the OIC prohibition's (our version of the assault weapons ban).  Naturally they are bleating like sheep over this..   The newspapers (Toronto Star) waited until today, as its the annual grave dance on the memorial for the Montreal Massacre. I'm optimistic that most if not all of the  legislation will fly.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 11:57:26 AM »

Canada, living proof that the Ship can be righted.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 08:34:39 PM »
Lucky for them they haven't the resources we do that makes massive exploitation possible, it's like comparing Rome and Britannia, sometimes being more removed from the central vortex is a good thing and recovery can be possible.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 08:53:16 PM »

One of the lefty papers just got info that the conservatives are planning to change the legislation again to roll the handgun permits (RPAL) into a carry permit,in addition dumping a lot of the OIC prohibition's (our version of the assault weapons ban).  Naturally they are bleating like sheep over this..   The newspapers (Toronto Star) waited until today, as its the annual grave dance on the memorial for the Montreal Massacre. I'm optimistic that most if not all of the  legislation will fly.

Montreal Massacre? Are you talking about the mob wars way back when?I think it was Palmina Pugliafido got her revenge for her husbands murder. Is that it?
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline robins111

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 06:50:58 AM »
John, no, every year on the anniversary of a guy by the name of Marc Lepine ( real name Gamil Gharbi, Canadian of Algerian decent,) who murdered 14 women at a college in Montreal.  The feminazis, get together and moan about evil men, and guns..  the incident happened  in q989, but for 23 years, they get together and rev up the hate speeches etc.  Its almost a leftist sacred day..

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2012, 06:54:54 AM »
Wow. I bet angry chicks who haven't shaved their gams in 23 years are...ahh...

::puke::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 12:13:52 PM »
John, no, every year on the anniversary of a guy by the name of Marc Lepine ( real name Gamil Gharbi, Canadian of Algerian decent,) who murdered 14 women at a college in Montreal.  The feminazis, get together and moan about evil men, and guns..  the incident happened  in q989, but for 23 years, they get together and rev up the hate speeches etc.  Its almost a leftist sacred day..

That was 20 years after we left Canada.
 Filippo Mazzie