Author Topic: God has given us the king we deserve  (Read 997 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
God has given us the king we deserve
« on: November 09, 2012, 07:41:14 AM »
Obama: The king God has given to reign over America in the last days

The whole thing is worth a read for biblical context, but I've excerpted a succinct portion here...

[blockquote]”We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We have staked the future of all of our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind of self-government; upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.”

- James Madison[/blockquote]

Wow, what a great start! A nation founded on submission to God and His commandments. But the story doesn’t end there..

As we grew as a nation, we became mighty like to no other nation to ever exist. And as we grew, we began to forget. We forgot that God had created us, had sustained us, had done such mighty deeds and demonstrations of His power to bless America. We sing “God Bless America”, our money says “In God We Trust”, but somewhere along the line we stopped trusting. We stopped seeking His face. We began to trust in our own strength.

God is removed, chaos ensues

World War II was the last time that the whole world was at war, and it was a war that we almost didn’t win. My father, Robert Grider, 2nd Lt. United States Air Force, Retired, used to tell me that “they will never teach in history class just how close we came to losing that war.” But we didn’t lose, we won. And after we won the war we did something God really liked. We recognized the right for the just-reborn baby nation of Israel to exist on May 14, 1948, and long-awaited bible prophecy was fulfilled in the rebirth of Israel. But in the very next generation we did something very, very bad. We turned away from God.

The 1960?s saw the removal of prayer from the public schools, the removal of the Ten Commandments from our court houses, sexual promiscuity, open homosexual abominations, and the rise of legal baby killing through abortion. The result of that was a drastic increase in violent crime, race riots in the streets, an entire generation of children hooked on drugs and alcohol, skyrocketing divorce rates, and public schools that needed armed police to keep order. We told God to go, and He did.

The harvest of bitter fruit

The Sixties were a long time ago, but the rotten seeds that were planted in that generation have come to full fruition in ours. In 2012 America, God’s name is still plastered all over everything, we have mega-churches with 20,000 in attendance but His Spirit and power are no longer there. We hold a National Day of Prayer, but it is powerless. Nothing changes. We have no final authority, the absolute Truth that guided and sustained the Puritans is something we know nothing of as a nation.

In 2013, we are a nation that is drowning in a debt so large that the numbers, nearly 20 trillion now, have no meaning. Each year nearly 400,000 babies are executed for convenience’s sake, and we elect leaders based on their not taking the ability to kill babies away from us. We have no respect for God’s word, Sunday is treated like any other day of the week. Even if we believe it, we dare not speak out loud that Jesus Christ is the only way to Heaven as the bible declares Him to be. We have lost the ability to discern between good and evil. We expose children to endless ads for alcohol and tobacco. Our society is saturated in sex and violent imagery. Nearly half of all the movies made in the last 10 years have a demonic theme to them. We wouldn’t know God if He showed up in any of our churches, and neither would we want Him to be there.

We are the American generation that has filled the cup of God’s indignation and wrath. So He gave us the king we deserved.

He gave us Barack Hussein Obama.

"We" is of course, not universal. But as Dennis Prager often says, generalization is the mother of wisdom. And God judges nations.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 07:46:02 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: God has given us the king we deserve
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 08:35:27 AM »
Another thing to keep in mind, we can divorce ourselves of this nation, our Founders did it, so can we.  The country we knew is gone, all we can do is create a new one or die with this one, that is the only choice we have.  We do not have to be forsaken even if this nation is now deserving of it.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 10:30:52 AM »
Obama: The king God has given to reign over America in the last days

The whole thing is worth a read for biblical context, but I've excerpted a succinct portion here...

yes, yes, yes

I, like others have wondered, how is it we are allowed to keep going as a country when so many babies are killed by abortion every year?  I struggled with that question when I was a teen. 

So many were praying about this election.  And it wasn't enough.  God wants more.  I think we saw with the Supreme Court decision from Roberts that we can't hang our hope on the courts.  Now we know we can't hang our hope on a particular candidate or election. 

When I went to the stand up for religious freedom rally last month and the life chain and even when at church I thought there should be more people!

God will bring us to our knees one way or the other.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 11:30:29 AM »
...God will bring us to our knees one way or the other.

Romans 14:11
It is written: “‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.’”
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson