Author Topic: The Economy is Going to Implode  (Read 128852 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The Economy is Going to Implode
« Reply #240 on: June 30, 2014, 07:54:22 AM »
Math-challenged ABA Pushes Unreality -

https://bay168.mail.live.com/default.aspx

I dunno...no matter how hard I try, that just doesn't add up to a whole dollar...I guess they are adding in inflation with all the *Ctrl-P going on at the Fed...

(I think that last guy, visually-speaking, was supposed to be 10 cents...)

And only 30 cents per *dollar needed to pay bills for shelter, food, insurance, gas, utilities, clothing, etc?   ::hysterical::  What do they think we are, part of the Ruling Class?

And where are taxes?  Is that part of the so-called "charity"?  That not chairity in my dictionary, that is theft!

Saving and investing?   ::hysterical::  In this bogus economy?  People are just trying to get by!

Seriously stupid on so many levels...and this from the official trade journal of the banking industry...

You know what they say..."crack don't smoke itself"...

I guess soon we'll see if cronys of every stripe can run faster than angry mobs...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #241 on: July 02, 2014, 07:44:33 AM »
Trump basically saying it will all go sideways once the debt gets downgraded...

http://www.moneynews.com/Outbrain/Trump-Aftershock-American-Economy/2012/11/06/id/462985/

...sure, that could do it, but we already have evidence The Regime and the rest of the PTBs will strong-arm the rating agencies...but one will break ranks...

POOF!

ETA - The "Death Cross" is a nice omen too...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-01/global-markets-just-reached-record-death-cross-iness

Time for a climb though...then...

I wonder if anyone would honor my short plays?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 07:56:31 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #242 on: July 03, 2014, 06:54:14 AM »
Look at all the BS to be released today before people skitter out of town...

Date   Time      Release   Impact               For   Actual   ExpectedPrior
3-Jul   7:30 AM      Challenger Job Cuts   Jun   -20.20%   NA   45.50%
3-Jul   8:30 AM      Nonfarm Payrolls      Jun   -   230K   210K
3-Jul   8:30 AM      Nonfarm Private Payrolls   Jun   -   220K   213K
3-Jul   8:30 AM      Unemployment Rate   Jun   -   6.30%   6.30%
3-Jul   8:30 AM      Hourly Earnings      Jun   -   0.20%   0.20%
3-Jul   8:30 AM      Average Workweek   Jun   -   34.5   34.5
3-Jul   8:30 AM      Initial Claims      28-Jun   -   315K   315K
3-Jul   8:30 AM      Continuing Claims      21-Jun   -   2570K   2580K
3-Jul   8:30 AM      Trade Balance      May   -   -$44.5B   -$45.2B
3-Jul   10:00 AM   ISM Services      Jun   -   56.5   56.5
3-Jul   10:30 AM   Natural Gas Inventories   28-Jun   -   NA   NA

Maybe we should start an over/under on how many get restated and by how much?  The U3 and claims have been a naked lie forever!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #243 on: July 03, 2014, 07:48:51 AM »
Hooolie Mooolie...

http://finviz.com/

What a shocka!  Everything is awesome!!!

::unknowncomic::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #244 on: July 03, 2014, 08:55:55 AM »
From a ZH comment

Our fiat,

Which art in dollars,

hollow be thy worth.

Thy stocks go up,

thy vix be down

on CBOE as it is on Wall Street.

Give plebes this day their daily crumb of bread

and deliver us thy dividends,

as we distribute to the one percent.

And lead us not into recession,

but deliver us more POMO,

for the kingdom and the power.

and the glory resides at the Fed.

Amen.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #245 on: July 03, 2014, 09:27:12 AM »
Clever, scary and upsetting all at once...

I think it hit a nerve...

::outrage::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #246 on: July 03, 2014, 11:59:38 AM »
And the real reason the U no's are so rosey...new record number reached for those out of the work force!

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/record-number-americans-not-labor-force-june

Just the cost of transforming America bitches, get used to it!

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #247 on: July 03, 2014, 01:21:15 PM »
I read elsewhere full time work was down 523,000, replaces by 799,000 part timers.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #249 on: July 03, 2014, 02:03:48 PM »
I read elsewhere full time work was down 523,000, replaces by 799,000 part timers.

Yeah they seasonally adjusted a real 450k loss for a 288k gain!  I bet those seasonally adjusted feel fanfrickstastic about it too!

/

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-03/who-was-hiring-june

Comments -
Dumpster Fire - 799 - 523 <> 288.  What gives?

DeadFred - Close enough for government work

::hysterical::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #250 on: July 03, 2014, 02:11:41 PM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-03/june-full-time-jobs-plunge-over-half-million-part-time-jobs-surge-800k-most-1993

And the A/P and CNBC are spinning this as BOOM!

More serfs!  Good news for Progs!

All by design.

BITS coming a street near you!

Speaking of stuff to be hitting the pavement soon...did ya see this article over there?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-03/wealth-accomplished-dow-17000-breached

I think this comment by cowdiddly nails it - Think of all the cool Gopro videos of the pavement rushing up when the jumping out the windows start

There's your BOOM!

Oh...and since the EuroTards are just a bit further down the sh*tter than we are...more theft to look forward to here soon...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-03/expropriation-back-christine-lagarde-most-dangerous-woman-world

Maybe an EU in open rebellion will inspire some back here...one can only hope...the path to unsustainable is only getting deeper and deeper...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #251 on: July 07, 2014, 08:06:06 AM »
Goldbug Maloney sets the clock...says the dollar will cease viability in six years...right in time for the final leg of Hitlery's first term, eh?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-06/mike-maloney-dollar-we-know-it-will-be-gone-within-6-years

Could be right, could be early, could be late...but we keep doing what we are doing and we might not make it out of the O'Bongo reign of terror...

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #252 on: July 07, 2014, 08:35:50 AM »

Could be right, could be early, could be late...but we keep doing what we are doing and we might not make it out of the O'Bongo reign of terror...

Right down the middle I expect. I personally think 2-10  years.  Two seems short. 10 Seems long.  seems pretty damn likely but we might not notice because the civil war may start well before.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #253 on: July 07, 2014, 11:32:27 AM »

Right down the middle I expect. I personally think 2-10  years.  Two seems short. 10 Seems long.  seems pretty damn likely but we might not notice because the civil war may start well before.

I think I am indifferent as to what happens first, both are unavoidable...but my wrath at the perpetrators and enablers has not ebbed, if anything it has increased with each insult we've been subjected to...

You see this?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-07/whats-lurking-beneath-glossy-veneer-jobs-report

This shift will get worse and worse...making Reckoning Day that much closer...

Tick...tock...tick...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 11:56:47 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #254 on: July 08, 2014, 11:52:22 AM »
If there is one business group constantly in the Obama/Democrat/Progressive crosshairs its small business...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-08/nfib-small-business-optimism-fades-outlook-economy-plunges

...poof...

...not done testing new lows I think...

...stawks down...bond yields down...

...ain't seen nothing yet!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #255 on: July 09, 2014, 07:35:30 AM »
Fricken Yellen...on "popping the bubble"...BIS wants to, Yellen saying bubble-popping not her job...but...

"We could take all of this at face value if we chose:  The BIS playing hawk, and the Fed playing dove.  And that might well be the case — as to some extent Yellen is still something of an unknown entity.  But there is one more twist to the puzzle:  Yellen has openly stated that she would not be offering clear guidance to the market as her predecessor had advocated.  The age of Fed-glastnost is apparently coming to an end.  So indulge us for a moment as we present another possibility:  Yellen is going to orchestrate a controlled collapse.  Or, at least one which we hope is controlled.  So just maybe the Fed fully intends on heeding the advice of the BIS, and is strategically positioning itself as a stalwart dove to shield itself from the public fallout of it’s orchestrated financial calamity.   A particularly sound play from a political perspective in the event that things don’t go as smoothly as planned."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-08/fed-going-attempt-controlled-collapse

This could be really fugly...

Every hear the term "timing the market"?  It's hard for people in the know...try managing all the rings of the circus gone mad...

Yeah, this could be interesting...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #256 on: July 15, 2014, 08:08:05 AM »
Another good Santelli rant...poor guy gonna blow a gasket one day...then CNBC will be 100% oblivion...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-14/santelli-goes-berserk-slams-fed-which-was-not-created-be-feel-good-institution

Can't wait to see what BS spews from Yellen's yap when she goes to bamboozle Congress...

/

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #257 on: July 15, 2014, 10:58:50 PM »
I can't tell you how many articles I have seen in the last year claiming the dollar CAN'T loose the reserve currency status - and then to prove it must stay that way because its the reserve now and list a bunch of metrics on how the dollar is dominant - then they suggest there is no viable alternative  for international trade - as if it were IMPOSSIBLE to provide one- ever.  This is usually followed by the argument that the US Dollar "sucks the least" of all of the currently available fiats.

SO that is your Bar - establishing the mechanisms for international trade and sucking the least. Back your bank just 1% with something that isn't a printing press ( gold, silver, oil)  and you already suck the least.

Witness the new BRICS bank 

Initial capital for the BRICS Bank will be $50 Billion - paid in equal share among the 5 members (with a contingent reserve up to $100 Billion) and will see India as the first President. The BRICS Bank will be based in Shanghai and chaired by Russia. Simply put, as Sovereign Man's Simon Black warns, "when you see this happen, you’ll know it’s game over for the dollar.... I give it 2-3 years."

You don't say...

Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa working together on a joint international bank to serve as an alternative to the Western controlled and Dollar Centric IMF. Together they account for about 20% of wolrd GDP compared to the United States at 22%  ( if any GDP number is to be believed)

Yes the US Dollar is the most commonly held reserve currency, but when its held as reserve that doesn't mean its being USED in international trade - in fact we have been running trade deficits based on the fact that the dollars don't come home and become part of these reserves-- but at what point  do countries accept dollars into reserves because they have no choice - no one wants them ( but the US) and too much too fast crashes the value?  How many dark trades occur and how much of the reported reserve numbers are lies?  ( My guess?  The Reserve numbers are about as reliable as  the number reported for Fort Knox gold deposits)
The shift is happening, and if OPEC starts trading directly with the BRICs for energy, this game is over.  Those reserve dollars find their way home - maybe not all at once - as each player spending them slowly to get maximum gain ( unlike those single put   1.6 Billion dollar Gold sells on Monday morning at US Open)   but the dollars  will come home.  No one else wants or needs them anymore - and given 70% of all of the US Dollar that exist, exist in accounts overseas,  it will flood us and inflation will ramp, and ramp and ramp.  We are coming to the end folks.  2-10 years before the US is fully a 3rd world nation.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #258 on: July 16, 2014, 07:17:59 AM »
I can't tell you how many articles I have seen in the last year claiming the dollar CAN'T loose the reserve currency status - and then to prove it must stay that way because its the reserve now and list a bunch of metrics on how the dollar is dominant - then they suggest there is no viable alternative  for international trade - as if it were IMPOSSIBLE to provide one- ever.  This is usually followed by the argument that the US Dollar "sucks the least" of all of the currently available fiats.

SO that is your Bar - establishing the mechanisms for international trade and sucking the least. Back your bank just 1% with something that isn't a printing press ( gold, silver, oil)  and you already suck the least.

Witness the new BRICS bank 

Initial capital for the BRICS Bank will be $50 Billion - paid in equal share among the 5 members (with a contingent reserve up to $100 Billion) and will see India as the first President. The BRICS Bank will be based in Shanghai and chaired by Russia. Simply put, as Sovereign Man's Simon Black warns, "when you see this happen, you’ll know it’s game over for the dollar.... I give it 2-3 years."

You don't say...

Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa working together on a joint international bank to serve as an alternative to the Western controlled and Dollar Centric IMF. Together they account for about 20% of wolrd GDP compared to the United States at 22%  ( if any GDP number is to be believed)

Yes the US Dollar is the most commonly held reserve currency, but when its held as reserve that doesn't mean its being USED in international trade - in fact we have been running trade deficits based on the fact that the dollars don't come home and become part of these reserves-- but at what point  do countries accept dollars into reserves because they have no choice - no one wants them ( but the US) and too much too fast crashes the value?  How many dark trades occur and how much of the reported reserve numbers are lies?  ( My guess?  The Reserve numbers are about as reliable as  the number reported for Fort Knox gold deposits)
The shift is happening, and if OPEC starts trading directly with the BRICs for energy, this game is over.  Those reserve dollars find their way home - maybe not all at once - as each player spending them slowly to get maximum gain ( unlike those single put   1.6 Billion dollar Gold sells on Monday morning at US Open)   but the dollars  will come home.  No one else wants or needs them anymore - and given 70% of all of the US Dollar that exist, exist in accounts overseas,  it will flood us and inflation will ramp, and ramp and ramp.  We are coming to the end folks.  2-10 years before the US is fully a 3rd world nation.

Good analysis Weisshaupt, and I agree, the timing of the end could be up for debate because there is just so much that is intertwinned, interdependent and volatile...but the more a group like this can sever connections safely without setting another tripwire off and eventually isolate the US and the EU and insulate themselves the more rapid the balance of economic power will shift...but those intertwinned, interdependent volatile variables can get out of hand and I have no faith in any one or group of mortals who think they can control them all...this economic war could just as easily spin off into another World War in a heartbeat...

The PTBs here and across the pond forget that the dollar knocked off the pound, which knocked off the real, which knocked off the gulden...

Well here, check out the history for yourself.

Point is, EVERYTHING ends.  Any construct by man is almost hard-wired to end at some point, like nature, there is always something, bigger, better, badder, cooler...whatever...

And history also shows us many times how economic war can lead to real shooting wars and one or the other or both can change societies, systems, borders...everything.

There is one posssibility the US survives this...it still means the end of the US as we know it now and as we once knew it...it means adopting the Russian template, prop your nation up by being the preeminent provider of sin and vice - sell arms, nuclear technology, drugs, hookers, whatever you have to..and be controlled by an oligarchy comprised of statist pols, crony capitalists and crime lords...

I say throwing all the trash out at the most opportune time, retaining (somehow) a credible nuclear deterent and isolating ourselves from the rest of the world and relearning to be self sufficient as a people, as families, as communites and a whatever "nation" construct might mean is the better way to go...

ETA - And on the general theme of this sh*t cannot and will not go on much longer...

Market rigging explained, well, mostly...it can be hard to follow the technical aspects, but basically HFTs are used to swindle people...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-15/market-rigging-explained

...and there is a direct correllation between this theft and the next link, as the PTBs know their time is running short and they are sqweezing whatever they can wherever they can however they can!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-15/why-status-quo-unsustainable-interest-and-debt-what-yellen-wont-tell-you

And this last chart really should illustrate for everyone just how unsustainable and vulnerable these masters of the universe have made things!

Tick...tock...tick...t.............................
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 07:58:39 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #259 on: July 17, 2014, 08:02:45 AM »
I'm not buying this...maybe a small token increase in FF rate...but not to the extent that would encourage investment and savings and prop up the dollar at a time when the BRICS have it in their crosshairs...propping up equities and keeping debt cheap to fund seems to be the unshakable plan for whoever runs the Fed...so I am really skeptical of talk of higher rates...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/ambroseevans_pritchard/10972348/Fed-kicks-off-global-dollar-squeeze-as-Janet-Yellen-turns-hawkish.html