Author Topic: Prayer Request  (Read 1427 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Prayer Request
« on: November 25, 2012, 01:28:55 PM »
This morning my mother suffered what appears to be a mini-stroke. She was at church and one of her friends noticed that she was looking confused. They called my brother (who lives close by) and he has taken her to the hospital. There is not paralysis but instead the damage appears to be to her memory. It is as if she got instant Alzheimer's. She could not remember that my father and brother-in-law had both passed away two years ago...could not remember that she had just purchased a new car two weeks ago...could not remember that my son is in Afghanistan or that he had joined the Army...had to be told repeatedly during the trip to the hospital what had happened and where they were going. She does remember names of grandchildren and other people she has known for a long time but did not know what day it was, what time of year it was, etc.

So, probably not good. Nerve cells that are gone do not come back.

I would appreciate you remembering her (Muriel) in your prayers. I am many hundreds of miles away so I cannot be there and I don't see any point in going now...not until more is known, anyway.

Thank you.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Prayer Request
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 01:35:50 PM »
Prayers sent your way for Muriel and all.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 01:36:32 PM »
Prayers sent for full recovery for your mother Muriel and courage for your whole family Trap. If it is a stroke, it sounds like she was treated as quickly as humanly possible, and these days, with the excellent available medicines, that means everything.

::praying::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 03:53:29 PM »
Prayers for a speedy recovery for Muriel and strength for all family and friends.   ::praying::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 03:56:27 PM »
Praying for a full recovery, Trap. ::praying:: ::praying::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 08:41:58 PM »
  Were hear for you and your family. Prayers from all of us here. ::praying::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 10:24:27 PM »
Praise God that this was noticed quickly. Do not give up hope that she can recover from this. Often the speed with which it is dealt with matters greatly in the prognosis. Thank God she was not home alone when it happened.  Of COURSE we all pray for her recovery and for your peace.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 11:01:50 PM »
 ::praying:: ::praying:: ::praying::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 11:47:59 PM »
Thank you to everyone.

I am cautiously optimistic that she has not suffered a stroke but perhaps something else. Her memory is returning as of late tonight. The working theory is that she may have had a reaction to an accidental overdose of prescription meds. It is possible that she did not realize that she had taken one of her meds and inadvertently doubled her dosage. I am surprised that things such as blood pressure and thyroid meds could have such an effect. But, then again, I am getting used to be surprised lately.

She has had a battery of tests including a CT scan and an MRI. Results will be known shortly and I expect to have a more definitive answer or theory as to the cause of her memory loss within the next 24 to 48 hours.

It has been a stressful day but one with a hopeful ending. mrs. trapeze's father is an Alzheimer's victim and neither of us want to see another parent suffering with memory loss or dementia.

Again, thank you to everyone and I will update this thread when I have more information.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 07:36:18 AM »

Memories can come back, even if a stroke.  Praying for a full recovery.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 12:16:25 PM »
Okay, update...

The diagnosis is something that I had not heard of before, Transient Global Amnesia.

So perhaps not related to meds.

She will be released from the hospital later today and will probably not be leaving her home until she feels sufficiently stable and confident in her mental capacities. Probably not a good idea that she drive her car at all for a few days.

The cause of TGA can vary. Perhaps she was afflicted due to stress. She is selling the home that my father died in and that is closing in a couple of weeks so maybe that was stressing her out.

Again, thanks for the prayers. They were greatly appreciated.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 02:22:18 PM »
Thank God -- not something more serious.  Still, very upsetting, I'm sure.

Will pray for her continued recovery, trap, and thanks for the update.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 02:40:24 PM »
Never heard of TGA before, being a migrane sufferer (and having it run in the family) that link will cause me to look at this with renewed interest.  Let us pray that Muriel has the more benign "pure" form of this and she enjoys a speedy return to normalcy.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 02:45:45 PM »

So glad she is doing better. Let us continue to pray for Muriel, trap and the rest of her family.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 02:57:41 PM »
Hope she continues to improve. ::praying::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 05:07:49 PM »
Is Mama Trap's recovery complete? Things back to normal?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 05:33:31 PM »
 ::praying:: ::praying:: ::praying::

Difficult to have family recovering from an illness...any illness.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 06:27:42 PM »
Is Mama Trap's recovery complete? Things back to normal?
i think so. Won't know for sure until I get FaceTime which should be at Christmas.