Author Topic: "Fiscal cliff" - "Walk Away" Gaining Steam  (Read 16076 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: "Fiscal cliff" - "Walk Away" Gaining Steam
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2012, 11:46:18 PM »
I've read more than one account from Allied soldiers who said out of all the firefights they were in, the Hitler Youth were the most fanatical. It takes a true cradle-to-grave culture of brainwashing (not unlike Islam) to make someone throw away their life without hesitation. I'm reminded also of the Iran-Iraq war, where the Iranians sent teenagers out into the minefields to clear a path for the adult soldiers behind them. They gave these kids some sort of cheesy plastic token beforehand, telling them they would be able to enter Paradise with it.

One thing movements of "fundamental transformation" have always had in common is their view that the current generation of adults are disposable...impediments that need to go away sooner rather than later. The youth are the soil for Hope & Change. Hitler and Lenin both made virtually identical comments about needing only a few years to plant those seeds in the minds of the youth and they would own them forever.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2012, 01:22:24 AM »

They are children of leftists and, yeah, they will probably turn out like their parents; however, I'm willing to wait and let them tell me.  As far as a thorn long after the parents, I'm not sure we will have a country after his parents.  We'll know pretty soon though.

That's a fair point based on decency. Certainly can't fault you for that.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

RickZ

« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2012, 06:29:25 AM »
Good point about children and fanaticism.  We have the recent exemple with The Killing Fields.  Some psychiatrist on tv said kids are basically sociopaths and that only through growth and good role models do they change and feel empathy.  Give a kid a gun and tell him to kill adults is jolly good fun.  Until they hit 21 (30 in the movie) when "their palm flower crystal embedded in the palm of their right hand" makes a last color change to black.  Oopsie!

There is an argument that Hitler took mass murder and turned it into a manufacturing process, and I think that's true.  But under Lenin and, more importantly, Stalin, the gulag, though more spread out, was just as much a killing machine using the young to grind the gears of The Great Purges.  Only to be replaced by a later group of youngsters.  And so on.  When you're young and marching toward Utopia, you're invincible, until you aren't.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2012, 06:41:47 AM »
I'm not giving anybody a pass or a benefit of any doubt, enemies abound and I tolerate none of them!  There are casualties in war, it seems our enemies know this far far better than we do!

::)

BOT - InTrade odds on the ridiculously named "fiscal cliff" deal are going over the proverbial cliff...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-12-12/odds-debt-ceilingfiscal-cliff-deal-year-end-plummet-16-intrade

Best news I've heard in days!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

RickZ

« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2012, 06:55:06 AM »
Anders Brejvik.

I am just sayin'.

If this enmity is not put to rest it won't be some Brejvik killing kids it will a very adult conflagration.

What way is there to "put it to rest", Charles?  The children have been indoctrinated through every possible avenue.  Hitler's Youth Brownshirts were true believers.  The adults are going to have conflagrate .... riiiight down the line.

Well, as long as they use condoms.  Wait, what?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2012, 11:58:25 AM »
Strategically I still think it's the wrong move but I will note that the offer is conditional upon cuts that Øbongo will never agree to.

Checkmate.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2012, 03:36:50 PM »
We kinda felt the same way about letting the Supreme's settle ObamaCare too as I recall, crap has a way of hitting the fan and pasting you in the face.  Such an offer should not have even been made.  Now O'Bongo & the Dem's know they have Boehner right were they want him.

Stupid Party strikes again.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2012, 07:12:40 PM »
Larry Summers, Larry Summers, hmmm, didn't Ritimmy Geithner replace him?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/boehner-offers-to-take-debt-limit-off-the-table/2012/12/16/8b369b7e-47c6-11e2-b6f0-e851e741d196_story.html

The White House rejected the offer, saying it would raise too little cash to significantly dent record budget deficits and do nothing to extend emergency unemployments benefits into the new year, according to a Democrat familiar with the talks.

But the tax offer was viewed as a breakthrough, the Democrat said. Senior White House officials remained in contact with Boehner’s staff throughout the weekend in a sign that serious negotiations had finally begun after weeks of stalemate and partisan posturing.

“Recognizing the importance of raising tax rates is a big, positive and important step,” said former White House economic adviser Lawrence Summers, who emphasized that he was not speaking for the Obama administration.

“The evaluation of any deal should depend on how much total revenue is raised, whether adequate demand is maintained to sustain the recovery and whether we are restoring confidence or just marking time until another debt-limit crisis,” Summers said.

Oh, Johnny, you're weak as water. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2012, 09:44:15 PM »
See, we knew this would happen.  They have Boehner cornered, he weasels out of higher taxes now and he'll get skewered by the democrat-media complex for being held hostage by extremists fat cats, and Boehner would rather be skewered by conservatives because he hates them more than dem's and the media.

The script is all but written.  There is no serious opposition to Obamunism as long as this retard remains Speaker.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2012, 10:09:13 PM »
For their next act, the House GOP will cave on the inevitable Son of AWB that is going to be presented at the beginning of January. This one won't have a sunset provision either.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #111 on: December 17, 2012, 07:04:11 AM »
For their next act, the House GOP will cave on the inevitable Son of AWB that is going to be presented at the beginning of January. This one won't have a sunset provision either.

They would probably love a retroactive bill with mandatory surrender of them to authorities for what they deem to be FMV.  If they were serious this would be so, I say push them as hard as possible to go for the whole enchilada and let's get this on!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2012, 11:46:21 AM »
Dance, Monkey!

Boehner caves in a little, Obama rejects, Boehner caves some more, Obama rejects...

See a pattern here?  Obama will get it all eventually...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/boehner-offers-to-take-debt-limit-off-the-table/2012/12/16/8b369b7e-47c6-11e2-b6f0-e851e741d196_story.html

What a waste of   ::cussing::  time!   ::mooning::

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2012, 05:23:30 PM »
Boehner is doing what he's told n exchange for a promise not to release the photos of him with a nude teenage boy. That's why he cries.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #114 on: December 17, 2012, 09:26:50 PM »
"Think of how STUPID the average person is... then realize that HALF of them are STUPIDER than that."

I love this!

I hate it when you're so right!
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2012, 07:01:22 AM »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2012, 10:36:14 AM »

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #119 on: December 19, 2012, 07:33:35 AM »
Anybody in the GOP caucus who thinks this idiot should remain as Speaker is a traitor to America, period.