Author Topic: "Fiscal cliff" - "Walk Away" Gaining Steam  (Read 16104 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: "Fiscal cliff" - "Walk Away" Gaining Steam
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2012, 07:44:47 PM »
Anybody in the GOP caucus who thinks this idiot should remain as Speaker is a traitor to America, period.

I've come to the conclusion that you could say the majority of this country are traitors to America. Why did I have to be born during the Rule of Moron? I have, apparently, a decidedly 18th Century mindset. It pains me to every day live and breathe the ascendency of the Moron, as they flippantly say "so what?" at the loss of things they'll never understand.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #121 on: December 19, 2012, 09:00:03 PM »
Anybody in the GOP caucus who thinks this idiot should remain as Speaker is a traitor to America, period.

I've come to the conclusion that you could say the majority of this country are traitors to America. Why did I have to be born during the Rule of Moron? I have, apparently, a decidedly 18th Century mindset. It pains me to every day live and breathe the ascendency of the Moron, as they flippantly say "so what?" at the loss of things they'll never understand.

Because you have a purpose right now, as do we all who live in this time.  Could be those of you with 18th Century mindsets, while there may be few, will be responsible for the pivot back to sanity.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #122 on: December 19, 2012, 09:49:28 PM »

"The Age of Moron" ::thumbsup::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2012, 07:34:58 AM »

Because you have a purpose right now, as do we all who live in this time.  Could be those of you with 18th Century mindsets, while there may be few, will be responsible for the pivot back to sanity.

I feel all too often (I always have, but it has been massively enhanced in recent years) that I was born 150-200 years to late.  While I may feel I am not meant for this age, I am here.  I figure God has a plan (and a sense of humor, I guess) and what will be will be.  He knows me and He will use me as He sees fit.  I just hope I am used properly.  All I know is if people (especially the Morons) are looking for compassion and forgiveness, they'll have to look a lot higher than me.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2012, 12:14:01 PM »

I may think like a 19th century man but if it were not for 20th century medicine I'd not have seen puberty, I'll take my existence as validation of your observation that we're here for an important purpose.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2012, 12:22:50 PM »

I may think like a 19th century man but if it were not for 20th century medicine I'd not have seen puberty, I'll take my existence as validation of your observation that we're here for an important purpose.

What my mother told me validates the premise for me.  I was a placenta previa baby and they usually died during birth then.  I was just too stubborn to give up, I guess.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2012, 12:29:05 PM »
I'll take my existence as validation of your observation that we're here for an important purpose.

I have had way too many "close calls" to not know that He has a purpose for me.  From accidents that should have been fatal, yet I walked away without a scratch, to stupid decisions that should have landed me in jail but didn't.  There is a divine reason that I am the man I am today.

::praying::
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2012, 12:44:18 PM »

What my mother told me validates the premise for me.  I was a placenta previa baby and they usually died during birth then.  I was just too stubborn to give up, I guess.

I was a blue baby with the cord wrapped around my neck three times.But I'm still here.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2012, 12:48:04 PM »

I was a blue baby with the cord wrapped around my neck three times.But I'm still here.

See?  That's what I'm saying, even when the majority of us is normal.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2012, 07:00:56 PM »

Sounds like my son, swimming in fluid flipping and flopping having a gay old time never wanting to leave until they took him out forcefully via Cesarian.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #130 on: December 21, 2012, 07:18:42 AM »

???
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #131 on: December 21, 2012, 02:16:45 PM »

???

Alright, I put that wrong.  What I'm trying to say is even when the circumstances of birth were unremarkable for the majority of people, they, too, are here and alive now for a reason.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #132 on: December 21, 2012, 07:39:55 PM »

???

Alright, I put that wrong.  What I'm trying to say is even when the circumstances of birth were unremarkable for the majority of people, they, too, are here and alive now for a reason.

::hat-tip::
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #133 on: January 01, 2013, 01:47:34 PM »
Forget the "walk away"; they're still negotiating with our stuff and, damnit, they're running the same playbook AGAIN!  I just heard Grahamnesty advocate "saving our powder" for the debt ceiling fight, which means caving on raising taxes for the "rich" making $250K and over.  Some one here wrote it; "not the hill to die on; need to save it for X, Y, Z".

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #134 on: January 01, 2013, 02:13:25 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/12/31/Fiscal-cliff-deal-41-1-in-tax-increases-to-spending-cuts-ratio

41:1 Tax to cut ratio, and we all know the real ratio will be 41:0 and that that 41 will go even higher!

Pubbies, they cannot die off fast enough to save the nation!

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #135 on: January 01, 2013, 02:46:26 PM »
My "conservative" senator Pat Toomey went all in.

F**k him, too, asnd the horse he rode in on

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #136 on: January 01, 2013, 02:50:15 PM »

Make PETA mad, shoot the horse, when the idiot hits the deck stomp him with your boot heel, that way all the media will focus on is the poor horse...

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #137 on: January 01, 2013, 03:38:40 PM »

It would have passed with a Democrat majority no matter what. So, I don't understand why so many Republicans voted in favor of this idiocy. Unless, of course, they actually believe that supporting tax increases will somehow result in an easier path to reelection.  Really? I expect flawed thinking from McCain and Graham...they are idiots. But, Ron Johnson? Jeff Sessions?

And now we are down to Boehner. Which almost certainly means that it's all over. Boehner will cave. It's what he does. All of the Democrats in the House will vote for it and Boehner will get enough loyal ass kissers to go along with him and that's it. We're done.

Two years from now we will lose the House. The base will not show up for this pack of spineless cowards and the Democrats will win. And then it will be all over.

So...

...unless Boehner finds his spine, his testicles and something like "principles" between now and tomorrow the country is truly lost. And we have two years to stock up on food and ammo.

I am sort of anticipating the formation of groups in our communities to begin discussing what to do when the sh*t hits the fan. This happened pre-Y2K with people getting together to discuss what they needed to do to prepare for "the end." I attended one of those meetings out of curiosity (I never bought in to the hysteria over Y2K) and was impressed with the seriousness of the people in my community in preparing for a crisis that would never happen. I am kind of anticipating people getting together again now that there is a real crisis coming. I will need to have a chat with my local firearms dealer and get in on the ground floor. There will be safety in numbers.

We will need to keep an eye on the next election for sheriff, too. Wouldn't want the wrong person to get into that slot.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #138 on: January 01, 2013, 03:51:13 PM »
I'm watching to see if anyone exploits the illegal nature of this senate vote.

You see, there were a number of lame duck senators who were technically ineligible to cast a vote after 12/31/12 - but voted anyway.

Nah - that would be invalidating their precious feeeeeelings and that just wouldn't do.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2013, 07:10:08 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/01/01/house-pay-freeze-vote-is-for-political-cover-dems-say/

But first lawmakers voted on a plan to freeze the salaries of lawmakers and federal employees.

Despite Democratic objections, the bill passed 287 to 129, with 55 Democrats voting with Republicans to approve the measure.

The pay bill is cosponsored by Reps. Mike Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.) and Darrell Issa (R-Calif.).

Mike Fitzpatrick; Is he a Tea Partyer?