Author Topic: Washington State's Marijuana Laws Kick In  (Read 1151 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Washington State's Marijuana Laws Kick In
« on: December 06, 2012, 09:44:34 PM »
This is the headline up at Drudge right now.

I have been against pot use for a long time. Maybe I should reconsider.

I live in CO, you know. Maybe I should just stop fighting it and go with the flow. I could set up a little indoor greenhouse and start growing the stuff. I could find the most potent varieties possible and grow them at home. Then I could sell them to any and all libs that I could find. That way I would be accomplishing two very good things...destroy as many lib brain cells as possible while simultaneously relieving them of lots of their cash which otherwise would probably go to lib causes.

All it would take to get started is a little seed money.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Washington State's Marijuana Laws Kick In
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 09:48:00 PM »
Seed money, heh!  I see what you did there!   ;D

But interesting question, profiting off the idiocy of others is appealing, as long as innocents are not harmed in the process.

The latter could prove challenging in this endeavor.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 09:48:22 PM »
"Seed money", heh.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 09:50:49 PM »
Frito-Lay stock may be something to keep an eye on.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 09:56:50 PM »
FWIW, I am OPPOSED to drug use, but FOR total legalization. I think if you are dumb enough to abuse drugs, please, feel free.....use as much as you like. Remove yourself from the gene pool. All the while, I can preach against it... and urge you to make better decisions. But, i support your right to improve America. If you are THAT stupid, well, it IS your right, as far as I am concerned, to kill yourself however you please.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 09:57:22 PM »
Too bad Hostess is dying...who makes Little Debbies?   ;D

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 10:30:23 PM »
Too bad Hostess is dying...who makes Little Debbies?   ;D

The Seattle Hostess factory was one of the first to close.

The lunatics around here have been giddy at the prospect of "free pot for all". They are obviously too diminished of mental capacity to recognize all the various inconsistencies, traps, and pitfalls that come with the changes to our state marijuana laws. Its going to be a nightmare all the way around and promises to fill the courts with the recipients of unintended consequences.

My company sent out a notice that reminds all employees that pot use is prohibited by company policy and that transgressors will be subject to immediate termination. Cop shops and prosecutors are scrambling to figure out how they will delineate between now lawful use and the threshold for prosecutorial discretion - seeing as how pot farms and freelance Johnny Potseed operations are still illegal.

Madness - all the way around.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 10:31:11 PM »
there's probably a market for accessories for the now legal pot user...not that the pot user actually wants any accessories but I'm sure family members will need to buy them gifts and could be pursuaded to buy something...

I'm mean it's not like pets need accessories and people buy stuff for them all the time...
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 01:10:24 AM »
Cool, dude. ::pimp::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 02:03:23 AM »
And...seed money. Who knew?
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 05:55:49 AM »
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 06:51:24 AM »
Cheesy weed?   ::thinking::   ;D

I'm sure you will keep us updated on those unintended consequences 'Soup.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 06:04:36 PM »
Day 1 of Legal Pot Marred by Deaths at Alleged Wash. Growing Center

The first day of legal marijuana use in Washington State was marred by an attempted robbery ending with two deaths at an alleged pot-growing facility just south of Seattle.

The possession of pot became legal in the state Thursday after voters passed a measure decriminalizing it in November. Day two kicked off with more celebrations under the Space Needle tower, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reported, but the Pierce County Sheriff's Department investigated an attempted robbery in Puyallup at an alleged growing center foiled by a homeowner who shot two alleged burglars in front of his 9-year-old son.

More silliness here: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/day-1-legal-pot-marred-deaths-alleged-wash-203458295--abc-news-politics.html

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 08:01:21 PM »
This is the headline up at Drudge right now.

I have been against pot use for a long time. Maybe I should reconsider.

I live in CO, you know. Maybe I should just stop fighting it and go with the flow. I could set up a little indoor greenhouse and start growing the stuff. I could find the most potent varieties possible and grow them at home. Then I could sell them to any and all libs that I could find. That way I would be accomplishing two very good things...destroy as many lib brain cells as possible while simultaneously relieving them of lots of their cash which otherwise would probably go to lib causes.

All it would take to get started is a little seed money.

Hit the local farm bureau for a small business loan.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 12:51:11 AM »
Living in rural Colorado story:

Was being shown homes in the country by real estate broker. Showed us a home with a crawlspace that had been purposefully built to grow marijuana. The crawlspace was extra tall, about five feet high. It had electrical receptacles spaced evenly all across the ceiling for grow lights. It had an extra big outdoor entrance designed to accommodate one of those little wagons that nurseries have for hauling plants and fertilizer around. Had several hose bibs for easy irrigation. I decided not to ask what happened to the previous owners but I'm guessing that they are now living in a different location at taxpayer expense.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 06:59:52 AM »