Author Topic: Transgen "woman" accepted to play on women's college basketball team  (Read 1935 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Transgen "woman" accepted to play on women's college basketball team
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2012, 12:10:12 PM »
Tying this thread into the CT school shooting, every time something similar happens, we have the Left scurrying out of the woodwork, shrieking about "the gun culture", which always focuses on "the gun" and never on "the culture".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2012, 12:26:24 PM »
Further tying into the school shooting thread, the common element is mental illness and the permissiveness with which it is treated. What does the field of psychiatry think it is accomplishing by pretending an appropriate treatment for someone might involve the deliberate surgical mutilation of their genitals, and a lifetime of taking synthetic hormones? And then as the icing on that particular cake, demanding that every facet of society must modify itself so as to enable these delusions?

Likewise with the CT shooter, and as far as I know just about all of the others as well. They all demonstrated mental problems earlier in life, and have history of being prescribed psychotropic medications. One thing most people don't realize is that since the 1970s it has been virtually impossible to involuntarily commit someone for psychiatric treatment. Most people seem to think it's still the way it was in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and that if these guys were really so dangerous they would be strapped to a bed somewhere. But that is not so. They are given powerful medications that affect brain chemistry, with very little management of their treatment. I am wary of giving the state a lot of power when it comes to psychiatric commitment, because I know they will abuse any power they are given, but we also can't have dangerously ill people left to their own devices.

Both cases have in common this demand that society at large must be the one to give up things (whether individual rights, or a sense of normalcy) in order to accommodate the insane. So we must all be denied our 2nd Amendment rights because lunatics are allowed to wander society at large? We must all twist and contort words like "he" and "she" into their exact opposite meanings because some ill individual hates the anatomy they were born with?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 12:37:33 PM »
We must all twist and contort words like "he" and "she" into their exact opposite meanings because some ill individual hates the anatomy they were born with?

That is what the Left -- and the destroyers of normalcy -- demand, yes.  It's rabid egalitarian UNsanity.

I wrote on the CT-shooting thread, responding to Sectionhand's plaint that he doesn't understand, the following:

"Wretchard explains it here:  You don't understand it because you're sane.  You're sane because you recognize reality, and the reality is there is good and evil.  I *think* I got it right."

Those young ladies on the college bball team have been propagandized out of their God-given sense of reality.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012, 02:00:47 PM »

Those young ladies on the college bball team have been propagandized out of their God-given sense of reality.

successful thought reform

and it was completed without use of a gun or the point of a bayonet in the hand of a totalitarian, communist regime

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline fingerroll

• Likes the place
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2012, 01:17:10 PM »
Aside from the fact that she/he (whatever you wanna call her) is abnormal and a deviant, how does she have any eligibility left to play?  In the NCAA you have 5 years to complete 4 years of playing a sport and your clock starts ticking the moment you start classes.  Very few, if any athletes get more time to compete after they have completed their 5 years, and usually only under extreme circumstances like several injuries, family tragedy, or other events.  How the hello does this thing get more time to lay as a 50 year old when he played as a he back in the 70's and 80's??  Is the NCAA bending over for a freak while they screw normal athletes who could benefit from some more liberal rule interpretation??