Author Topic: Update on Mall Shooting  (Read 1111 times)

Offline sfetter

Update on Mall Shooting
« on: December 17, 2012, 09:25:27 AM »
Did any of you know that there was actually a Citizen with a CCW who confronted the shooter in the mall and that very confrontation without firing a shot most likely saved lives.

Funny how we didn't hear anything about that.  In fact, I am surprised that the local news even reported on it.

http://www.bbcboards.net/bbc-lounge/317412-all-u-against-cc-guns.html

Wonder what we will never know about on the School shooting ??

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Update on Mall Shooting
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 10:13:59 AM »

plenty is my guess
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 12:22:32 PM »
Ah... sfetter... I was unaware that you followed the rabbit trail here from BassBoatCentral.

Welcome, thanks, and enjoy.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 12:24:48 PM »
Did any of you know that there was actually a Citizen with a CCW who confronted the shooter in the mall and that very confrontation without firing a shot most likely saved lives.

Funny how we didn't hear anything about that.  In fact, I am surprised that the local news even reported on it.

http://www.bbcboards.net/bbc-lounge/317412-all-u-against-cc-guns.html

It is indicative of the uphill battle we face when dealing with the Leftist media. The institution meant as a bulwark against unfettered political power has identified itself as a full-blown enemy of the Republic. Malfeasance doesn't begin to describe it.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline sfetter

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 01:35:49 PM »
Ah... sfetter... I was unaware that you followed the rabbit trail here from BassBoatCentral.

Yes, Having been a boater for more than 25 years, I have been a member of the BBC for quite a few years.  A lot of good people in that group but in the last year or so the censorship has become quite extensive.  I have tried to advise the liberal element there that if we loose our rights to hunt and fish (as many are trying to take away from us) there will be no BBC. 

I got everyone there in an up roar a couple of weeks ago when I suggested that everyone fly their personal American flags upside down until such time as some common sense takes hold in this country.  I have noted a few avitars to that effect here. Would like to see a national effort.  Not that it would do much good.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 01:51:10 PM »
...Would like to see a national effort.  Not that it would do much good.

Couldn't hurt.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 01:53:58 PM »

Yes, Having been a boater for more than 25 years, I have been a member of the BBC for quite a few years.  A lot of good people in that group but in the last year or so the censorship has become quite extensive.  I have tried to advise the liberal element there that if we loose our rights to hunt and fish (as many are trying to take away from us) there will be no BBC. 

I got everyone there in an up roar a couple of weeks ago when I suggested that everyone fly their personal American flags upside down until such time as some common sense takes hold in this country.  I have noted a few avitars to that effect here. Would like to see a national effort.  Not that it would do much good.

Inverted my flag the day the USSC okayed Obamacare.  Since the election, though, I don't even have the heart to hang it out anymore; it's standing, furled up, on the front porch.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline sfetter

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 02:09:05 PM »
Nice to converse with some like minded people here.  I never dreamed growing up that we would be faced with becoming a communist country and loosing all our freedoms.  I cannot believe how quickly things have changed in the last few years.  I saw it coming back in the Clinton era but did not think I would live to see even the things we have today.  The evil is well organized and has been infiltrating long before I realized.

I have a constant battle of emotions going back between sad and angry.

I truly believe that the last few administrations (Not just the current) have betrayed all the sacrifices our military has made over the decades to protect us.

Like many I am trying to enjoy each day to the fullest.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 02:19:57 PM »
To be sure, what we are facing now has been a long time in the making.  It goes back to before WWII even.  But I also cannot believe how much things have changed since 2008.  Things that seemed ridiculous then are now openly stated.  Take for instance the casualness of the Left's threats now. The union thugs showing up on company executives' front lawns, and just the other day I saw where threats were tweeted to the governor of Michigan, promising they'd be seeing him at his daughter's soccer game.  I never before saw such brazenness.  We must remember though it's not really anything new. This is the Left, it's who they are. It's who they've always been. The only thing that has changed is that they are now much more emboldened.  Obama is the Arsonist in Chief, just pouring gasoline all over this country and then flinging cigarette butts.

Look back at history and see what has happened in other countries when radical left wing movements are on the ascendancy. It's what we have in store for us here.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 02:23:34 PM »

Inverted my flag the day the USSC okayed Obamacare.  Since the election, though, I don't even have the heart to hang it out anymore; it's standing, furled up, on the front porch.

The last time I flew my American flag was on the occasion of my father's memorial service. One of my neighbors came by and launched into a diatribe about "proper flag etiquette" because I chose to fly the flag at half-staff in memory to the passing of an American hero. I quietly suggested that he get away from me in the shortest time interval possible otherwise he would be wearing the entire 18' flagpole.

I've flown the Gadsden flag since but mostly don't even have the heart for that. In an interesting reversal of Mooshell the Wookie's sentiment this is the first time that I haven't been proud of my country. As a matter of fact I've lost all respect for her - and do not foresee ever getting it back.

Offline sfetter

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 02:44:48 PM »
To be sure, what we are facing now has been a long time in the making.  It goes back to before WWII even.  But I also cannot believe how much things have changed since 2008.  Things that seemed ridiculous then are now openly stated.  Take for instance the casualness of the Left's threats now. The union thugs showing up on company executives' front lawns, and just the other day I saw where threats were tweeted to the governor of Michigan, promising they'd be seeing him at his daughter's soccer game.  I never before saw such brazenness.  We must remember though it's not really anything new. This is the Left, it's who they are. It's who they've always been. The only thing that has changed is that they are now much more emboldened.  Obama is the Arsonist in Chief, just pouring gasoline all over this country and then flinging cigarette butts.

Look back at history and see what has happened in other countries when radical left wing movements are on the ascendancy. It's what we have in store for us here.

I could not agree with you more.  Not sure how many on this site may be fans of Glenn Beck,  But with the extent of education and knowledge he has been providing over the last few years,  it is amazing what a small following he has.   I cannot believe that there are not more people who realize that their way of life will change, and not in a way they will like.  So many with their head in the sand.

Offline 21stCenturyThinker

• Newb
  • Renaissance Man- Don't Fear the Rebirth
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 03:13:56 PM »
I shudder to think this might be possible. But I can just imagine a scenario in which the shooter in Clackamas mall was programmed by the government. When confronted by a heroic armed civilian the murderer killed himself to prevent his being questioned.

Having failed miserably in Oregon, the Obama mad scientists unleashed their backup weapon on Newtown, Connecticut. Someone please convince me that I'm wrong and Obama actually does give a crap about the poor white kids in Connecticut. Someone please tell me that the minister who gave the benediction at Obama's last inauguration was only kidding when he said all white people are going to hell (literal hell).

I hope there's someone out there who will keep close track of the investigators in Connecticut. I especially want to know when the first one "commits suicide" because of overwhelming grief. Then we'll know that someone got a little too close to the truth and had to be eliminated.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 03:18:45 PM »
I shudder to think this might be possible. But I can just imagine a scenario in which the shooter in Clackamas mall was programmed by the government. When confronted by a heroic armed civilian the murderer killed himself to prevent his being questioned.

Having failed miserably in Oregon, the Obama mad scientists unleashed their backup weapon on Newtown, Connecticut. Someone please convince me that I'm wrong and Obama actually does give a crap about the poor white kids in Connecticut. Someone please tell me that the minister who gave the benediction at Obama's last inauguration was only kidding when he said all white people are going to hell (literal hell).

I hope there's someone out there who will keep close track of the investigators in Connecticut. I especially want to know when the first one "commits suicide" because of overwhelming grief. Then we'll know that someone got a little too close to the truth and had to be eliminated.

I put nothing past this group..... The same people heading fast and furious...well....I would not be surprised.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline sfetter

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2012, 03:21:21 PM »

I have been thinking these same thoughts.  What about the destroyed computers. We will probably never know what was on them.  And we already know that our own government was doing bad things we will never know about in Bengazi.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2012, 03:35:05 PM »
Just as I stated in the other thread, that's one of the reasons I so hate these people -- you can't immediately dismiss conspiracy theories because they've already demonstrated that they will pursue their agenda regardless of who or what gets in the way. Look at Fast & Furious. They were deliberately sourcing thousands of firearms from American dealers and letting drug cartel criminals walk off with them, with absolutely no coordination with the Mexican government. They wanted scenes of slaughter in Mexico, so when the guns were traced back to American origins they could shame the American people with the immorality of their loose gun laws and demand dramatic changes.

Since that effort was exposed (and allowed to wither on the vine) why shouldn't we assume they have moved on to other tactics? One thing about the Left is they never stop. They're like The Terminator. Or cockroaches. Yes, mostly cockroaches.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 07:11:39 AM »
I had to change my avatar to the Culpepper Flag, it clearly illustrates my sentiments, it was either this or the Sons of Liberty, either way I give no quarter to my enemies, either they go down or I do.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.