Author Topic: Parents claim Christmas carols are school are a form of bullying  (Read 1508 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Parents claim Christmas carols are school are a form of bullying
« on: December 17, 2012, 11:01:01 AM »
Clever those libs using the now popular I'm against bullying meme to scoot those carols out of schools.

link

A group of parents in Missoula, Mont. are upset over the religious nature of Christmas songs performed at a local elementary school – alleging the songs about the Baby Jesus is unconstitutional and a “form of bullying.”

The parents, who declined to be identified, are threatening to sue the Missoula County Public School District unless songs like “Joy to the World” and “Good Christian Men Rejoice” are replaced with secular tunes.

“Bullying is such a hot topic, yet that seems to be what is occurring here,” the parents wrote in a letter obtained by The Missoulian. “When the children are singing about the lord and savior Jesus Christ – public school is not the place.”

And threatening a lawsuit is NOT bullying?

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Parents claim Christmas carols are school are a form of bullying
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 11:12:18 AM »
They don't know what really bullying is.  I think they should find out in a personal way, but that's just me...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 12:45:57 PM »
This has gotten over-the-top ridiculous now.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 02:43:51 PM »
They don't know what really bullying is.  I think they should find out in a personal way, but that's just me...

I'm thinking any time a lib feels uncomfortable he thinks he's being bullied
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 06:50:05 AM »

I'm thinking any time a lib feels uncomfortable he thinks he's being bullied

Well, like Pan said this is ridiculous, libiots are uncomfortable 24/7/365...when you sell your soul to proglodyte demons you should feel uncomfortable!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.