Topics > 2nd Amendment/Firearms

Gun Store Owner: Hey teachers, you get a discount!

(1/3) > >>

IronDioPriest:
The most sane gun proposal I've seen since last Friday.

Austin Gun Store Owner Offers Teachers A Discount

An Austin-area gun store owner is joining the gun rights debate with a controversial offer for teachers in light of the tragic shooting in Connecticut.

Crocket Keller of Kellers Riverside Gun Store says if educators want to get a concealed handgun license, he’ll give them a discount.

“As we do with veterans, I would offer them a discount. Our normal rate is $110.00, so I would give them a rate of $90.00,” said Keller to KRLD. “If they are teachers, we would be more than happy to do that.”

Keller’s offer comes as a debate wages over whether or not educators should be allowed to be armed on school grounds. He believes they should.

“We need to start thinking out of the box and deal with this violent culture,” said Keller. “We need to lobby our various state governments to allow teachers to be armed.”

But not everyone is on board with Keller’s controversial ideas or his offer to teachers.

“I knew this would come up at some point, there would be people who think the answer is to put guns on campus. Frankly I think it’s absurd,” says Gayle Fallon with the American Federation of Teachers. “In a lot of cases, the perpetrator is a kid. Look at Columbine, it was a 14-year-old kid. You tell me a teacher is going to look in the eyes of a 14-year-old and pull the trigger — it’s not in their emotional make up.”

Fallon believes the answer lies in having more police officers on campus and tightening restrictions on guns. But Keller wants none of that.

“Our personal safety is our responsibility, unfortunately the police and the military cannot be everywhere,” said Keller. “When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.”

charlesoakwood:

Gayle Fallon:

http://ultimatewestu.com/stories/241240-houston-union-wants-teacher-evaluation-plan-slowed

http://www.texaswatchdog.org/2011/09/houstons-largest-teachers-union-pays-nearly-500k-in-legal-fees-to-union-chiefs-son/1316092823.story

http://www.texaswatchdog.org/2012/10/houston-teachers-union-president-gayle-fallon-fined-5000-by-texas-ethics/1349209113.column

LadyVirginia:

"You tell me a teacher is going to look in the eyes of a 14-year-old and pull the trigger — it’s not in their emotional make up"

a 14 year old with a weapon mowing down students is not just another 14 year old--a properly trained person isn't going to look into the eyes of a 14 year old killer and think ahhh, he's just a kid, I guess I won't shoot.  This person doesn't want anyone thinking a teacher would shoot...

"Fallon believes the answer lies in having more police officers on campus"

and what does this person think the cops would do? NOT shoot?

::bashing:: ::bashing:: ::bashing::

Predator Don:
If teachers are as protective of thier class as led to believe, then one would think a peg legged, one armed senior citizen, if shooting students, would be mowed down by an armed teacher.

I know why the statement was made.....libs are emotion driven, think on an emotional level and are never rational thinkers. The answer? Libs, make believe the gun is a syringe. Make believe that 14 year old is nothing more than a fetus. Pull the "syringe". ::rockets::

Glock32:
They're also classic projectors. Because they are emotional, indecisive, and weak, well that obviously means everyone else is too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version