Author Topic: Defiance  (Read 646 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Defiance
« on: December 28, 2012, 09:41:09 AM »
Hobby Lobby refuses to comply and risks having millions seized because "Hobby Lobby and Mardel are not religious organizations."

And a Penalty isn't a Tax. And so many of the words in the constitution they tell you so are ignored or changed. And they Think they are clever.

We should start a "Church"  -  You give all of your money to Charity, and when you need money you ask the Church for "help" - they can't confiscate it because you have no "account" - the Church just has records of how much you "contributed".  The Catholic Church should set something like this up to protect its own assets and defy them as well, and then give others the same ability. Think of the PR as they go after a church "helping" the selfless  "penniless" who gave everything they had to "charity"

Oh sure, they could haul you into court and claim what you are really doing is "banking" - to which you explain that what the fed is really doing is enforcing an unconstitutional   "penalty" and justifying it by  calling it a tax, so why can't we doing banking and call it a "church" in response?  Words don't mean anything anymore. At least not without a gun backing them up.  In the end, if you want to shut it down, you will be forced to come at us guns blazing.  You no longer have the sanction of the victim. If you want to use force, then do it, be we will no longer voluntarily comply.  "Your move."

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:49:18 AM by Weisshaupt »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Defiance
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 10:13:21 AM »
Sounds like a plan to me.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 10:27:44 AM »
Mankato and Rochester...in my neck of the woods.  Noted for future shopping opportunities.

::USA::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 10:57:59 AM »
More resistance, please!

::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 01:35:03 PM »
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 02:05:06 PM »

â€”Ace

Previously, Hobby Lobby lost its own bid for an injunction. Now Domino's wins, creating a split that will have to be resolved by higher courts at some point.

As is true with so much of our politics -- and I think this is detestable -- the bottom-line consequences of what they seek are minor in the extreme. What is really sought is an encoded-into-law declaration of the legal supremacy of one culture over another, to the extent that the culture which has lost this political debate is actually now illegal and cannot exist as it previously had.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 06:24:00 PM »
Yes,it is detestable, but so are the courts.  The Roberts court instills little comfort for founding principle minded constitutionalists.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.