Author Topic: US military to be "volunteered" by the Intl "community"??!!  (Read 2964 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: US military to be "volunteered" by the Intl "community"??!!
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 05:17:27 PM »
Good on Beck.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 07:22:34 AM »
The links are not carrying me to original sources.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/OFA/gGMHlL

I'd like to be outrageously outraged, but I'd like to see the quote from him, first, or evidence they've scrubbed this blog post.

This remains:

It means that we have confidence that we are not going in alone, and it is our military that is being volunteered by others to carry out missions that are important not only to us, but are important internationally.

"Others" are "volunteering" our military?

In any but Duh Wun's world, that sentence doesn't even make any sense, but its intention is clear enough to me.

eta:  BTW, is your link supposed to go to "Organizing for America"? 

You're right.  That part isn't searchable, and it took me forever to find it.  Leave it to leftist trash to screw up the interwebs, leaving their pages unsearchable.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 07:44:28 AM »
If only we had a Congress capable of putting the Constitution first...having those idiots read the document at the start of this session didn't even help!

::falldownshocked::

I would like to go on record as stating that, at this point, the Republicans are a bigger problem than the Democrats. They were rocketed into office with enormous popular will against the Left's agenda, and they have conspicuously failed to do what they were elected to do. We all knew they'd be limited in what could actually be enacted, but we did expect them to make a fight of it to help lay groundwork for 2012. Their inaction can only be deliberate, and it can only be because they have as much vested in Big Government as the Democrats do.

::oldman::

NATO's origin in 1949 was America on the line stopping the Russians from taking Western Europe.  Harry Truman with the Berlin airlift put a big stop sign on their aspirations.
If MacArthur had written Europe's constitution they would have evolved into a more capitalist entity, but he couldn't be everywhere at once. Besides, Eisenhower hated him.

Heh, yeah...that's because Ike's talent was administrative, whereas Mac's was as a field general who excelled at kicking ass!  Truman should have never held him back in Korea, the fear of Red's resorting to nukes never seemed plausible to me.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 07:45:19 AM »
The links are not carrying me to original sources.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/OFA/gGMHlL

I'd like to be outrageously outraged, but I'd like to see the quote from him, first, or evidence they've scrubbed this blog post.

This remains:

It means that we have confidence that we are not going in alone, and it is our military that is being volunteered by others to carry out missions that are important not only to us, but are important internationally.

"Others" are "volunteering" our military?

In any but Duh Wun's world, that sentence doesn't even make any sense, but its intention is clear enough to me.

eta:  BTW, is your link supposed to go to "Organizing for America"? 

In his bumbling stumbling way he is referring to NATO taking the lead, and we as a part of NATO are going along...but it is a retarded statement only a fool would buy at face value, the Supreme Commander of NATO has always been an American.  Obama would have to cede command and control and allow the NATO commander to take orders from a European consensus...a completely insane act and a precedent that should not be set.  NATO typically would take action as agreed upon by getting the various heads of state to agree to an act.  Obama is saying he doesn't want to be included in the decisions involving use of force, which our NATO forces are the dominant element!  Stunning and stupid!

That EU 'consensus' being a steering committee.

He may be bumbling, but I believe his intent is to turn our military over to foreign command and that cannot be allowed in today's climate.... or ever, IMO.

Agreed.  But he appears to be going ahead with it and nobody seems to give a damn!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.