Author Topic: The Line in the Sand  (Read 18670 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: The Line in the Sand
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2013, 09:21:07 AM »
Christie has been anti-gun from the beginning. The more I hear this guy the more I hate him. So he went after the unions and tried to balance the budget. That's what any sane governor should do. Everything else about him screams opportunist at best, liberal at worst.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2013, 10:14:51 AM »
Yeah, and his little team of sycophants snickering in the background of his videos, putting all these staged shows on YouTube, it just reeks of personality cult. I've had more than enough of personality cults in politics.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2013, 11:19:35 AM »
That fat liberal loser should just switch parties and stop pretending!

Otherwise I hope this bloated idiot runs for POTUS, I would like nothing better than to know for sure I never have to waste my time voting ever again!

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2013, 11:34:34 AM »

Not voting republican is a certainty for me. I will find and support individual candidates and will heartily support a replacement party.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2013, 05:57:32 PM »
Christie has been anti-gun from the beginning. The more I hear this guy the more I hate him. So he went after the unions and tried to balance the budget. That's what any sane governor should do. Everything else about him screams opportunist at best, liberal at worst.

I have a buddy from another board from NJ. I've asked him about Whaleboy and he says that opinion runs similar in person there to our consensus, but that when the rubber meets the road they pull the lever for him anyway. While I'll never knowingly vote for a dhimmicrat the only significant vote I cast in the last race that I considered a throwaway was for Romney. I didn't vote for the pubbie gubernatorial candidate (and told him I didn't) or for the US rep who sold us out on a half-dozen major issues (Riechert).

Like Charles, I'm done voting for crap. I'll only vote for (and campaign for) quality candidates.

NJ pubbies or conservatives would do well to be grooming an alternative to Whaleboy.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2013, 09:14:15 PM »
I'm done with voting too. For a long time now it's been like making a wish when you blow out your birthday candles -- i.e. you know it's just for entertainment but you figure you might as well make it a good wish just in case.

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2013, 10:55:31 PM »
Speaking of losers, lines in the sand, and being done with sh!t...

(sorry in advance for going OT)

A few years ago my brother and my Mom were out shopping on a Saturday afternoon. Mom had heard about a reoccurring event where Bluegrass musicians got together and jammed. The event was open to the public. On a whim they stopped by and were treated to some neat music. They discovered that it happened on the third Saturday of each month.

Not too many months later they stopped back only to find the doors closed. The fella who ran the event had grown tired of it and, when he couldn't find anyone to take over from him, he canceled the thing. When my brother heard this he made a couple of phone calls and then approached me about doing the sound. Just like that we were in the Bluegrass music business. Believe it or not there is a substantial Bluegrass interest in Washington state!

In a little over 2 1/2 years we have turned this into quite possibly the largest event of its type in the state. We have 5-6 separate rooms, each with their own assemblage of jammers, and live bands all day long. My Mom sold homemade pie by the slice and cookies and I ran the PA. So far, so good - right?

It takes a lot of work to make shows like this a success. Hard work. Sometimes expert work. None of us are getting paid for our efforts although on occasion there's a bit of donation money (we don't charge admission) left over after expenses. So what's the problem? I can't get anyone to lift a finger to help.

All the years I played in bands I was mostly only responsible for schlepping my own gear. In this event I'm packing an entire public address system around. Out of the house and into the van. Out of the van and into the hall. Out of the hall and into the van. Out of the van and into the house.

Most times I do it by myself. Then I set it up and tune it. Then I run it and make a bunch of amateur musicians sound like professionals. At the end of the show I tear it all down, pack it up and drag it home. I don't piss n moan about it although I sure could use the help.

We had to cancel last month because of Mom passing. We sent out our monthly email message telling everyone that we were resuming the Jam this month and asked for some help with the concessions and moving furniture. I didn't even ask anyone to move gear.

We got zero volunteers.

WTF is wrong with people?!

We put this show together so people could indulge their hobby (I don't even play Bluegrass!) and we bust our asses doing so and I can't even get anyone to push a goddamned chair across the room.

All I can say is that tomorrow will likely be our last session.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2013, 07:25:58 AM »
Speaking of losers, lines in the sand, and being done with sh!t...

(sorry in advance for going OT)

A few years ago my brother and my Mom were out shopping on a Saturday afternoon. Mom had heard about a reoccurring event where Bluegrass musicians got together and jammed. The event was open to the public. On a whim they stopped by and were treated to some neat music. They discovered that it happened on the third Saturday of each month.

Not too many months later they stopped back only to find the doors closed. The fella who ran the event had grown tired of it and, when he couldn't find anyone to take over from him, he canceled the thing. When my brother heard this he made a couple of phone calls and then approached me about doing the sound. Just like that we were in the Bluegrass music business. Believe it or not there is a substantial Bluegrass interest in Washington state!

In a little over 2 1/2 years we have turned this into quite possibly the largest event of its type in the state. We have 5-6 separate rooms, each with their own assemblage of jammers, and live bands all day long. My Mom sold homemade pie by the slice and cookies and I ran the PA. So far, so good - right?

It takes a lot of work to make shows like this a success. Hard work. Sometimes expert work. None of us are getting paid for our efforts although on occasion there's a bit of donation money (we don't charge admission) left over after expenses. So what's the problem? I can't get anyone to lift a finger to help.

All the years I played in bands I was mostly only responsible for schlepping my own gear. In this event I'm packing an entire public address system around. Out of the house and into the van. Out of the van and into the hall. Out of the hall and into the van. Out of the van and into the house.

Most times I do it by myself. Then I set it up and tune it. Then I run it and make a bunch of amateur musicians sound like professionals. At the end of the show I tear it all down, pack it up and drag it home. I don't piss n moan about it although I sure could use the help.

We had to cancel last month because of Mom passing. We sent out our monthly email message telling everyone that we were resuming the Jam this month and asked for some help with the concessions and moving furniture. I didn't even ask anyone to move gear.

We got zero volunteers.

WTF is wrong with people?!

We put this show together so people could indulge their hobby (I don't even play Bluegrass!) and we bust our asses doing so and I can't even get anyone to push a goddamned chair across the room.

Thanks for letting me vent.

I wish I was there. Sounds like a wonderful event. We have some of those type events around here and I love them when I get to go. I cannot play an instrument and still have knots on my head from my dad trying to "teach" me, but I STILL love the music and if all I had to do was help set up I would be thrilled. 
They have an event here that does concessions by volunteers bringing like a pot luck. It is a fantastic event. I hope your participation rate improves. One thing I would suggest is direct requests. Emails are impersonal and it is too easy to assume "someone else will do it."
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2013, 09:20:08 AM »
.....and we bust our asses doing so and I can't even get anyone to push a goddamned chair across the room.

In your monthly email, be sure to state WHY the event will be canceled. Sad, really, because it sounds like a great time.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2013, 05:54:01 PM »
I saw this on Farcebook so I don't know if it'll carry over...

It's courtesy of the National Association for Gun Rights - http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151562766980432&set=a.423266755431.196277.111499100431&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf#!/nagrfb (not a very elegant URL, is it?!)

"“A Virginia lawmaker who drew gasps from his colleagues when he brandished a borrowed AK-47 during an anti-gun speech Thursday was found guilty in 2002 of committing a vicious 1999 assault, was sanctioned for legal misconduct while prosecuting a rape case, spent six months in jail for contempt of a federal court, and saw his law license revoked in 2003.”"

So, was he even legal to be in possession of a gun?

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/01/20/va-lawmaker-brandishing-ak-47-on-house-floor-turns-out-to-be-crazy-ex-con-15723

H/T iOwnTheWorld.com
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2013, 06:09:44 PM »
That's an amazing revelation Pan. fortunate for him that he possesses a Dhimmicrat Cloak of Imperviability.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2013, 08:54:40 PM »
Why is it that none of the disturbed and evil men, who steal guns, then go and kill movie-goers and children in school, has ever been identified as a conservative NRA member? You would think if they were the media might have mentioned it? Maybe it just slipped their mind to mention the truth.

Ft Hood~~~ Registered Democrat ~ Muslim

Columbine ~~~ Too young to vote; both families were registered Democrats and progressive liberals

Virginia Tech ~~~ Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff Registered Democrat

Colorado Theater ~~~ Registered Democrat; staff worker on the Obama campaign; Occupy Wall Street participant; progressive liberal

Connecticut School Shooter- ~~~ Registered Democrat; hated Christians,

The common thread is that all of these shooters were progressive liberal Democrats."

INTERESTING, isn't it?

Hat tip to my friend Bandersnatch
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2013, 10:27:10 PM »
Indeed.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2013, 11:09:44 PM »
As we all know, if there was even spurious evidence that they were conservatives, that is all we'd hear about. Remember how they tried to link Holmes, the Aurora shooter, to a local Tea Party man with the same name, and how they did so before the victims' bodies were even cold? How they tried to link Loughner to Sarah Palin's organization because they had produced pamphlets "targeting" Giffords' district?

These media pukes deserve everything coming to them. Slander does not even begin to describe the deliberate evils they perpetrate against the good and decent people of this country.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2013, 07:04:17 AM »
As we all know, if there was even spurious evidence that they were conservatives, that is all we'd hear about. Remember how they tried to link Holmes, the Aurora shooter, to a local Tea Party man with the same name, and how they did so before the victims' bodies were even cold? How they tried to link Loughner to Sarah Palin's organization because they had produced pamphlets "targeting" Giffords' district?

These media pukes deserve everything coming to them. Slander does not even begin to describe the deliberate evils they perpetrate against the good and decent people of this country.

!!!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2013, 09:03:11 AM »
Why is it that none of the disturbed and evil men, who steal guns, then go and kill movie-goers and children in school, has ever been identified as a conservative NRA member? You would think if they were the media might have mentioned it? Maybe it just slipped their mind to mention the truth.

Columbine ~~~ Too young to vote; both families were registered Democrats and progressive liberals

Virginia Tech ~~~ Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff Registered Democrat

Colorado Theater ~~~ Registered Democrat; staff worker on the Obama campaign; Occupy Wall Street participant; progressive liberal

The common thread is that all of these shooters were progressive liberal Democrats."

INTERESTING, isn't it?

Sounds like the easy solution would be to ban Dhimms. ::whoohoo::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2013, 11:09:32 AM »

INTERESTING, isn't it?

Sounds like the easy solution would be to ban Dhimms. ::whoohoo::

Or... capitally punish them before they go on shooting sprees!!
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2013, 11:53:00 AM »
I've always been for gun control in terms of restricting progressives aka DemonRats from anywhere near firearms or ammunition. Seems like a common sense initiative. What say you.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2013, 11:57:39 AM »
That works, but now we have bigger things to worry about...

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,7560.0.html