Author Topic: Backdoor amnesty fades in importance as frontdoor amnesty ascends  (Read 30693 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Backdoor amnesty fades in importance as frontdoor amnesty ascends
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2013, 08:02:29 AM »
Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) told Univision yesterday that legalization of illegal immigrants will come first and then new border security measures.

In most of his public appeals for the Gang of Eight bill, Rubio has stressed its enforcement provisions, saying that border security must come before immigrants are granted legal permanent resident status.

The rotten two-face says one thing, in Spanish no doubt, on Univision and tells us another.  Nonetheless and meantime:

FOX News Latino reported:  House Speaker John Boehner is aiming to have various chamber committees finish work on immigration legislation by the Fourth of July, and would like a House vote by August, reported Politico.com

Rep. Louie Gohmert: “I Cannot Imagine a More Incompetent Step Right Now Than For Republicans to Focus on Immigration”
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2013, 08:14:53 AM »
Bastages!

::overkill::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2013, 03:11:08 PM »
Our "Representatives" have reduced us to mere insignificances.

Sen. Tim Kaine, a Virginia Democrat, delivered a speech on the Senate floor in Spanish on Tuesday as he made his push for the chamber to pass his immigration bill.

Mr. Kaine said he would deliver his remarks in Spanish but said he would put an English translation into the Congressional Record.

The move highlighted the growing power of Spanish-language speakers in the U.S. Mr. Kaine, whose Spanish is outstanding after spending time as a Catholic missionary in Honduras, has used the language in his outreach to Hispanic voters.

Speaking Spanish in floor speeches is rare, but not unprecedented.

To use another language on the floor requires unanimous consent of the other senators, which Mr. Kaine sought and was granted.

And nobody stood and objected.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2013, 03:19:06 PM »

::sigh::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2013, 07:26:20 PM »

Wasn't exactly the first thing to come to mind. ::gaah::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2013, 07:33:07 PM »

Wasn't exactly the first thing to come to mind. ::gaah::

It does to me on alternate days when I'm experiencing despair and demoralization.  On the other days, it's more like your reaction:  outrage.  I feel like a friggin ping-pong ball.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2013, 09:35:27 PM »

Politico - Stephanopolous pressed Boehner on whether he would let that happen on immigration, and the speaker said, “What I’m committed to is a fair and open process on the floor of the House— so that all members— have an opportunity.”

Speaker Beanoir, we would delight in giving you an opportunity. And just to be fair, a choice of opportunities.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2013, 06:54:45 AM »

Politico - Stephanopolous pressed Boehner on whether he would let that happen on immigration, and the speaker said, “What I’m committed to is a fair and open process on the floor of the House— so that all members— have an opportunity.”

Speaker Beanoir, we would delight in giving you an opportunity. And just to be fair, a choice of opportunities.

Noose or bullet?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2013, 10:48:41 AM »

The rack or drawing & quartering.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2013, 12:07:59 PM »
And what is this speaking anything but English in the Senate crap?  How about screaming out "don't assimilate" louder?!   ::cussing::  assholes!!!   ::outrage::   ::angry::   ::cussing::   ::gaah::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2013, 01:38:26 PM »
I only heard a few minutes, but Rush apparently talked to Rubio and attempted to explain rubios thought process. Maybe if someone heard a little more they can clarify what was said.

Making them legal to know who is here sounds eerily like we have to vote for the bill so we can read it.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2013, 02:24:01 PM »
I only heard a few minutes, but Rush apparently talked to Rubio and attempted to explain rubios thought process. Maybe if someone heard a little more they can clarify what was said.

Making them legal to know who is here sounds eerily like we have to vote for the bill so we can read it.

Yes.

And I like Rush's tie in with Prism...we are told we cannot deport the illegals because there are too many and we don't know where they are...but for us citizens the government knows who we are, where we are and what we are talking about...they talk about a process of legalization to bring them into the light...I want a process of de-legalization so I can go into the dark and not be found by the government!!!

::thumbsup::

Oh, and Rubio?   ::mooning::   ::vafancoul::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2013, 03:51:33 PM »

Yes.

And I like Rush's tie in with Prism...we are told we cannot deport the illegals because there are too many and we don't know where they are...but for us citizens the government knows who we are, where we are and what we are talking about...they talk about a process of legalization to bring them into the light...I want a process of de-legalization so I can go into the dark and not be found by the government!!!

::thumbsup::

Oh, and Rubio?   ::mooning::   ::vafancoul::

probably listening to their calls but don't understand Spanish.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2013, 07:14:51 AM »
No habla espanol, pendejo!  That's all a Senator has to say about that!

And this!  

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/06/12/Floor-Fight-Reid-blocks-Senate-vote-on-border-security-before-amnesty-amendment

::doublebird::  Reid!

And Grassley & Co, how about growing a set, eh?  And tell Orrin "too much partisanship" Hatch to eff off!  There is nowhere near ENOUGH partisanship, dipsh*ts!   ::gaah::

I need that fricken gizmo Quantum Leap doohickey...I'd zap into Grassley, walk over to Reid and slap him hard and challenge him to a duel to the death on the steps of the capitol if he doesn't rescind his damned objection to my amendment!

::cussing::  useless pussies!!!

::asskicking::

Annie come lately...

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2013-06-12.html

They are in the process of killing themselves off...we are well past the "if" phase and deep into the "when" part...

Let them die!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2013, 07:50:25 AM »
They are not even trying to obfuscate what they're doing anymore; they are refusing to secure the border.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2013, 08:45:47 AM »
Email from NumbersUSA:

"Last-Minute Surprise: House to vote on a partial DREAM amnesty TODAY -- Phone your U.S. Rep. ASAP

That's right, NOT the Senate but the HOUSE of Representatives!

Even as our attention is fixed on the Senate amnesty battle, HOUSE leaders are trying to sneak through a small amnesty today -- probably to test the waters for a much bigger amnesty next month.

ACTION: Please phone your Representative to oppose the Denham Amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act.

888-978-3065

The number will take you to the Capitol Switchboard, Just ask for your U.S. Representative by name. (You can be sure of the name of your Representative by clicking here to go to your customized NumbersUSA Action Board.)

We have to send a message to the Republican leaders of the House, who almost certainly approved this amendment to come to the floor.

TALKING POINTS for Phone Call:

Americans aren't any more interested in a Republican House amnesty than they are in a Democratic Senate amnesty.
    The Denham Amendment No. 77 may only be a small amnesty, but its passage would open the door for far worse. Vote NO.

The House of Representatives is considering the National Defense Authorization Act this week. Representative Jeff Denham (R-CA) has introduced, and the Rules Committee has allowed, an amendment to the bill that would grant amnesty to illegal aliens who enroll in the military.

While the amendment says these illegals who join the military will get "conditional" lawful permanent resident status, under current law, an LPR in the military is IMMEDIATELY eligible for naturalization, so the conditional thing is nonsense. Once they naturalize, they can immediately sponsor their illegal parents for LPR status, along with other relatives.

Here is NumbersUSA's notice sent to Members of the House:

"NumbersUSA opposes the Denham Amendment #77 (to the NDAA, HR 1960), which would give immediate legal status to certain illegal aliens who join the military. Congress should not be encouraging illegal aliens to launder their immigration status by joining our Armed Forces.

While it is fairly certain that the majority of Republican House Members oppose amnesties, the Republican leaders of the House have been looking for a way to pass an amnesty anyway. Allowing the Denham Amendment, House leaders will be testing the depth of resistance to amnesty in the House.

We have been so focused on the Senate that we haven't done a lot of mobilizatin on the House in quite awhile. Please help send a very clear signal of resistance.

THANKS, and P.S.,

Your faxes and phone calls to Senators last night and today that expressed your disappointment with their vote to move the amnesty bill to the Senate floor, appear to be having a good effect.

Several of the YES voters of yesterday have already come out and made it clear that although the voted to allow debate they find S. 744 to be unworkable. We will be giving you who live in the states of these Senators a chance to pat them on the back and further solidifty them into a NO position."

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/

I heard Michelle Bachmann on Levin's show last night say that there isn't enough fax and phone traffic to Congress on the current POS amnesty bill this time and that they need to be inundated NOW.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2013, 10:23:54 AM »
I heard the Rubio interview.  The issue is clearly about legal status verses citizenship.  He wants to establish a status that is legal, without any guarantee of citizenship. It would be a fifteen year plan at least before anyone could even apply for citizenship. The legal status would be as a guest worker. If they report themselves they can gain that status. They must hold that status for ten years before they can apply for a green card, which is resident alien status. Then after five years they could begin the application process to become citizens. They would have to hold a job and pay taxes the entire time. They are not allowed to receive any public assistance. And that step cannot come until the border is secure. The advantage is no additional people can come in and get on the path once this becomes law.

The quibble in the Senate right now is over writing LAW on border security. Rubio does not want definitions left up to Napolitano or that ilk, he wants it written into law what steps must be accomplished and a way to judge that.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2013, 10:31:01 AM »
Sorry, CHF, but ten years, then five years, thenthenthen blahblahblahblah.

No benefits?  Really?  Download an anchor baby -- which they have no problem doing -- and they're on the gravy train; they're already receiving EITC; we're schooling and feeding their kids --

Come on!

I want to see them deported, I swear, along with their "citizen" spawn.  As if.

If this amnesty goes through, and that's what it is despite Rubio's protestations to the contrary, half of Mexico will be living here within ten years.

And we already HAVE law on border security.  They are not being obeyed nor enforced.  So?