Author Topic: Backdoor amnesty fades in importance as frontdoor amnesty ascends  (Read 30957 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Backdoor amnesty fades in importance as frontdoor amnesty ascends
« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2013, 02:56:36 PM »
Check it:

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/06/26/rubio-on-immigration-i-couldnt-in-good-conscience-leave-democrats-alone-to-try-to-fix-immigration/comment-page-1/#comments

“I have received numerous emails and calls from conservatives and tea party activists,” he said at the beginning of his remarks.

“It’s been a real trial for me,” he confessed, before explaining: “I simply wasn’t going to leave it to Democrats alone to try to figure out how to fix it.”

“I got involved because I knew that if conservatives didn’t get involved in shaping this legislation, it would not have any border security reforms our nation desperately needs,” he said.

Rubio asked tea part conservatives who are upset to understand that he “honestly believes it is the right thing for our country.”

FOS.  Nothing about this POS bill fixes immigration -- it's not an immigration reform bill -- it fixes amnesty leading to citizenship for illegal invaders and makes the rest of us second class citizens.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2013, 03:13:43 PM »
Check it:

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/06/26/rubio-on-immigration-i-couldnt-in-good-conscience-leave-democrats-alone-to-try-to-fix-immigration/comment-page-1/#comments

“I have received numerous emails and calls from conservatives and tea party activists,” he said at the beginning of his remarks.

“It’s been a real trial for me,” he confessed, before explaining: “I simply wasn’t going to leave it to Democrats alone to try to figure out how to fix it.”

“I got involved because I knew that if conservatives didn’t get involved in shaping this legislation, it would not have any border security reforms our nation desperately needs,” he said.

Rubio asked tea part conservatives who are upset to understand that he “honestly believes it is the right thing for our country.”

FOS.  Nothing about this POS bill fixes immigration -- it's not an immigration reform bill -- it fixes amnesty leading to citizenship for illegal invaders and makes the rest of us second class citizens.

It's been a real trial for him????? I respectfully disagree. A "real trial" would be lobbying for NO new law, that we need to enforce the immigration laws we HAVE!!!! Sell out.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2013, 04:49:36 PM »

He is a true disappointment.
He either sold his soul when he accepted and presented himself as Tea Party or sold it after he arrived in Washington.   Maybe it's the photographs, he did have a drinking problem, I hear.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2013, 05:11:51 PM »
There were those on our side of the fence who exclaimed "He's the real deal!" upon rubio's arrival. I guess I'm far too cynical or shy from the scar tissue from "once bitten..." too many times. I'm not from Missouri but I like their motto, "Show me".

Rubio showed us all right.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2013, 05:56:12 PM »
There were those on our side of the fence who exclaimed "He's the real deal!" upon rubio's arrival. I guess I'm far too cynical or shy from the scar tissue from "once bitten..." too many times. I'm not from Missouri but I like their motto, "Show me".

Rubio showed us all right.

Precisely.  I don't listen to what they say, I watch what they do.  And have done.  Floridians were warning us not to fall in love with Rubio because he'd been an obstacle to those opposed to the illegal alien invasion in the FLA legislature.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2013, 07:26:53 PM »
Getting anyone with a name like "Marco Rubio" to craft immigration legislation is a case of the Vulpes vulpes guarding the domicile of the female Gallus gallus domesticus.

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2013, 09:17:28 PM »

“To hear the worry, anxiety, and growing anger in the voices of so many people who helped me get elected to the Senate, who I agree with on virtually every other issue, has been a real trial for me,”

No Buddie, your trial will be getting elected again.
You may as well start drinking again; you've spurned
your friends and now all you have are those adulterated
clones to associate with.  Go ahead, have another one,
it'll numb your guilt.  Maybe two.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2013, 01:11:21 PM »

He's on the floor of the senate telling the story of his parents immigration, Moses leading the Jews in the wilderness and our new amnesty program.  "We're still the shining city on the hill."

God, save us.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2013, 01:21:43 PM »

He's on the floor of the senate telling the story of his parents immigration, Moses leading the Jews in the wilderness and our new amnesty program.  "We're still the shining city on the hill."

God, save us.

That's all he's got, his appeal to the moral authority of having parents with an immigration story.  Big deal.  Many, many, many came legally, including my paternal grandparents, but we are not them and, as far as I'm concerned, my having been born and raised here gives me a leg up.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2013, 03:54:47 PM »
It's amazing, in a land of immigrants, all our forefathers were immigrants and all most immigrants had their cross to bear, we're supposed to be awed. Well, awwww. BFD.

ETA:
        Althoughsponsors didn't get to the 70 votes they hoped for, the full support from Democrats and addition of Republican votes was significant.

McCain,
Rubio,
Flake and
Graham were joined in voting "yes" by Republican Sens.
Lamar Alexander (Tenn.),
Kelly Ayotte (N.H.),
Jeff Chiesa (N.J.),
Susan Collins (Maine),
Bob Corker (Tenn.),
Orrin Hatch (Utah),
Dean Heller (Nev.),
John Hoeven (N.D.),
Mark Kirk (Ill.), and
Lisa Murkowski (Alaska).
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 04:48:40 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2013, 10:27:00 AM »
Now it's the Great Pumpkin's turn....that weepy orange bastard...

::unknowncomic::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2013, 05:10:41 PM »
It's about time for one of them to spout that inanity about foreign cuisine as their great argument for diversity.

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2013, 12:23:03 PM »

Now there's a couple of endorsements to make you proud.

What's sad, neither is really sincere, it is only a means to an end.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2013, 08:24:13 PM »

Now there's a couple of endorsements to make you proud.

What's sad, neither is really sincere, it is only a means to an end.

Yup. Once power has been consolidated fully, Rubio will still get stuffed into an oven by these creeps.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2013, 12:50:49 PM »

I think he's already been stuffed.  IYKWIMAITYD

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2013, 09:08:28 PM »

I think he's already been stuffed.  IYKWIMAITYD

You think Miss Lindsey invited him to go "take a steam" in the Senate gym?

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2013, 06:36:01 AM »
Check it:

It gets worse Pan, it makes all of us true slaves to the State!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-07-01/ron-paul-if-you-surveillance-state-you%E2%80%99ll-love-e-verify

Anybody trying to take my DNA or make me carry any national vere-arr-u-paperz BS is gonna get shot!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #138 on: July 09, 2013, 11:36:24 AM »
List of potential traitors...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2013/07/08/can-immigration-reform-pass-the-house-maybe/

...I'm checkin' mah list...lotsa naughty not nice...gonna see whose gonna git it...yeah, got mah rope...better thank twice...

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #139 on: July 09, 2013, 07:49:52 PM »
  Pray the House hold the line.And pray for West to primary Ratbio.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie