Author Topic: Alternatives to America?  (Read 1667 times)

Offline pisskop

• Bump me, America!
Alternatives to America?
« on: February 04, 2013, 08:59:08 AM »
Looking around, I see a lot of unhappy people.  Some ready to fight, some succumbing to their peevish desires.  I have always been a man to plan, sometimes two or three of themm and this is one of my longer-standing questions.

1)  Would you leave America, and what would it take to get you to willingly leave.

2)  Where would you go?
[MANNERISM_THREAD:lurk]

Today's ??? (_01OCT13_):

Quote from: midcan5;1330627
'Conservative' in America has come to be taken over by 'power.'

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Alternatives to America?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 09:10:23 AM »
1) Absolutely.  The one good thing about Barack Hussein Obama is that he's squeezed every last bit of nationalism out of me.  America no longer stands out in the world as either a beacon of economic freedom, and more often, a beacon of personal freedom. 

2) The million ten million dollar question as our currency is devalued due to a banana republic people voting banana republic government.  Some places are already too expensive to consider.  The "cheap" ones tend to have unstable governments.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 09:10:27 AM »
I am NOT leaving my country to these !@#$%&*!

Period.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 09:39:57 AM »
I think they just voted to leave you, Pandora.

The question I ask myself...

Chitcago USA or the Republic of Texas?

Not even a remote hesitation in my mind which I'd choose.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 09:59:11 AM »
Looking around, I see a lot of unhappy people.  Some ready to fight, some succumbing to their peevish desires.  I have always been a man to plan, sometimes two or three of themm and this is one of my longer-standing questions.

1)  Would you leave America, and what would it take to get you to willingly leave.

2)  Where would you go?

I am open to leaving, because I am an American. I am loyal to the Constitution and the govt it created. The Current govt has Representatives that openly say they don't care what it says. We have a supreme court declaring laws constitution because they just know congress meant "Tax" when they said "penalty" - This is no longer my country. The government is no longer legitimate  in any way shape or form, having taken the basis of their legitimacy and claimed they they know better than the racist dead men who wrote their grant of power 200 years ago.  This is now the United States to me... not "of America" except in the geographic sense... which is the only sense that any liberal is an "American"

I thought there was a better place, we would be making arrangements to go. Even if it were to Mars or a risky Journey on a starship to an exo-planet.
Yes, there are "better" places, but that lack any tradition of individual freedom, tending toward European communal tribalism,  and they will fall into tyranny rapidly when The United States  is gone. And the United States will be gone. Obama and his handlers are deliberately attacking the foundations of this country- and their Cloward-Piven of the economy  will create yet another crisis in which they can seize power and declare martial law.. Probably in conjunction with a World War, so they can export all of those pesky unemployed young men and women who might resist. The fact that the collapse of the dollar  and WWIII will have world wide effects, causing  severe depressions in the 2nd world and millions on the edge in the 3rd world to die and starve doesn't bother them at all.  It will, however, bother the people in those countries.  American refugees will be perceived  as evil, treated as pariahs,  and will be discriminated against with impunity - because only Americans think racism is wrong.

So Ultimately, Obama has made a fatal mistake. He has pushed us into a corner (is the corner called TX, WY, MT ? Does it matter?)

When you surround an army, leave an outlet free.
Do not press a desperate foe too hard. -Sun Tzu, Art of War

By leaving no out, we will be forced to the knowledge that we are likely to die on the battlefield. Once  that is accepted, we will decide that we must do as much damage to the enemy as possible before we go, and fight all the more fiercely for it.  I can only guess it is because they realize they are out of time., and are forced to act quickly  rather than spending another 20 years at boiling the frog. Had they done that, I think they would have found 90% of the population of the United States willingly handing over their guns and  accepting their shackles.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 11:50:58 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 11:12:31 AM »
I always favored New Zealand as my hypothetical sanctuary. The problem is, we're dealing with a globalist oligarchy, with everything the word "global" entails. To me, the word "globalist" used to have only vague notions of a trend away from national entities in deference to international bodies of phony consensus. It is that, of course. But recently it dawned on me what is really implicit in "globalism", and that is the tyranny of uniformity, of one-size-fits-all diktats. So globalism is a threat even within the confines of a single country, because what it really means is the destruction of the individual and his preferences in service to the overarching, all-encompassing ministrations of the elite. The other word for that is totalitarianism, because it touches every single facet of existence and tolerates no alternatives.

So getting back to the subject of fleeing America, the immediate question is where can you go? At this point were I to relocate to New Zealand, or Australia, or Canada even, it would not be under any illusions that I am going to a better political environment. I would still consider it, but mainly out of demographic concerns. I simply do not see how America has a bright future when it is rapidly and deliberately engaged in ethnic cleansing of its founding "stock" and replacing it with Third World peoples.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 11:22:22 AM »
None of us would choose to flee our homes, or our homeland. If the time comes, it will be because our state refuses to protect us from the federal government, or worse (like MN) will proactively aid the federal government in undermining liberty. But there will be states that resist when it comes down to it.

The best places to "flee" an illegitimate United States government will still be inside what that same government claims as its territory. That is where the resistance will be the most fierce, and where the most people will be gathered trying to maintain a semblance of the ideals the Left is destroying.

Texas, Oklahoma, Utah, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, Idaho, North & South Dakota, and a smattering of other possibilities.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 11:33:11 AM »
Fleeing looks attractive only because we are appalled at what the Leftists have wrought in our once functioning Republic and we see where their means end up, but as pointed out by many here more than once if the fan hits the shyt hard enough there is not a place on earth one can go to that will be insulated from the insanity...not unless you have Darth Soros type resources...and even then it is only buying time.

So, would I leave?  No, simply no place to go to.

So either we defeat these tyrants or incinerate the earth trying to, either way it is getting back the America we lost or the pearly gates, let the contest begin!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 12:30:55 PM »
Are you kidding me? Leave? After all this ammo I bought?

TeachX3

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 12:43:34 PM »
Was born in Texas, not currently living there, but hope to die there.  That being said, no way I would leave the USA (as it so stands)... earth is a temporary home for me, I will run the race that is set before me, fight the good fight (no matter what it is) and strive to stay in Gods Will.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 07:16:42 PM »
By leaving no out, we will be forced to the knowledge that we are likely to die on the battlefield. Once  that is accepted, we will decide that we must do as much damage to the enemy as possible before we go, and fight all the more fiercely for it.

Can you say "Alamo"?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 08:57:52 PM »
By leaving no out, we will be forced to the knowledge that we are likely to die on the battlefield. Once  that is accepted, we will decide that we must do as much damage to the enemy as possible before we go, and fight all the more fiercely for it.

Can you say "Alamo"?

That's (eerily) funny. I was talking to a brother today who was having a particularly rough day (who isn't?!). He mentioned that perhaps we need to get some code-words together in case we need to speak when we can't really speak (if you know what I mean).

I suggested "Alamo" when it's time to go to the mats.

Somehow he just didn't appreciate the irony there...

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 09:20:39 PM »
  A lot of this will play out all by itself,all planing now will do is fill in time.When the time comes the choices will surface and the decisions will be made.Nobody here has bought a place in another state in case we need to run because we don't know what direction to go in yet.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 07:15:39 AM »

Can you say "Alamo"?

That's (eerily) funny. I was talking to a brother today who was having a particularly rough day (who isn't?!). He mentioned that perhaps we need to get some code-words together in case we need to speak when we can't really speak (if you know what I mean).

I suggested "Alamo" when it's time to go to the mats.

Somehow he just didn't appreciate the irony there...

Little Big Horn works too.  There's lots of choices...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 07:21:28 AM »
  A lot of this will play out all by itself,all planing now will do is fill in time.When the time comes the choices will surface and the decisions will be made.Nobody here has bought a place in another state in case we need to run because we don't know what direction to go in yet.

I would argue a physical location is not as important per se.  America as a physical entity containing the things we've valued from our Founding may no longer exist, but the ideals of America - life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness - the natural God-given rights of man - they reside in our heart, our mind and our soul - that can never be extinguished!

Having said that, if a state (say for example Texas) were to secede, I would drop everything and rally to her.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 10:30:39 AM »

The best places to "flee" an illegitimate United States government will still be inside what that same government claims as its territory. That is where the resistance will be the most fierce, and where the most people will be gathered trying to maintain a semblance of the ideals the Left is destroying.

Texas, Oklahoma, Utah, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, Idaho, North & South Dakota, and a smattering of other possibilities.

Get, say, Colorado to come around and it would geographically contiguous. 

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 10:34:02 AM »

Get, say, Colorado to come around and it would geographically contiguous. 

I fear that Colorado is going the way of California.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 10:41:44 AM »
What will be interesting is what happens when the King's Schilling is no longer worth very much. How will the regime maintain an army of enforcers then? It will seek to "pay" them by other means. Since this is ultimately an incipient global feudalism taking shape, it stands to reason that the modern equivalent of titles of nobility will become a bargaining chip. Throw in a little "you'll get to play god over the lives of your peasants", it's certainly worked throughout history.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 11:24:50 AM »

I would argue a physical location is not as important per se.  America as a physical entity containing the things we've valued from our Founding may no longer exist, but the ideals of America - life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness - the natural God-given rights of man - they reside in our heart, our mind and our soul - that can never be extinguished!

Having said that, if a state (say for example Texas) were to secede, I would drop everything and rally to her.

No argument there but I tend to believe that there will be more choices out there.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 11:30:06 AM »
What will be interesting is what happens when the King's Schilling is no longer worth very much. How will the regime maintain an army of enforcers then? It will seek to "pay" them by other means. Since this is ultimately an incipient global feudalism taking shape, it stands to reason that the modern equivalent of titles of nobility will become a bargaining chip. Throw in a little "you'll get to play god over the lives of your peasants", it's certainly worked throughout history.

It also puts indentifiers on and begs for more William Wallace style rebellion.   ;)

::whoohoo::

machinegun