Author Topic: What am I missing ..  (Read 756 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
What am I missing ..
« on: February 05, 2013, 02:36:52 PM »
Maybe this is a "Math is Hard" thing.. but Michelle was looking around to figure out what the exemptions are for the penal-tax-y on Obamacare..

Kaiser has this fun little flowchart

If you are an "undocumented immigrant" ( lets call them what they are : criminals.) , incarcerated ( a criminal) , a member of an Indian Tribe, you don't file income tax because your income is too low to require it OR..

Your health insurance costs more than 8% of your income.  If the Bronze plan does, indeed, cost 20K per year for a family of four-- that would mean that you must earn $250K before the penalty would apply.   But wait, how many households is that?

Of course, I turn to Political Calculations to find out..

$250,000+ is the top 2%  of households.

Get that? If the Bronze plan really is 20K, and you don't buy it, you pay no penalty if your household income is 250K or below. Which is 98% of all households.

UPDATE:

There are 121 Million households  so 2.4 Million will be affected.  Of those, many may choose to pay the penalty, as the penalty will still  be less than the 20K policy, which you can get anytime you need it. Once you earn $800,000, you may as well purchase  the Bronze plan. So the Top 0.2% of earners just top out there.   So approximately 2.2 Million people decide to pay the penalty- and their incomes range from 250K to 800K.  If was assume an even distribution, and the average income is 525K, at maximum penalty in the 3rd year, each household owes around $13,000 and total tax collected? About 28 Billion.   To pay the health care costs of the entire nation - estimated at over 2 trillion and growing..

This is going to go off the rails so damn fast..  No one under $250K needs to purchase insurance , unless they get sick, so the entire health care costs of the nation will fall on those between 98% and 99.8% percentiles

Am I missing something that invalidates the above? Math is hard.

UPDATE 2:  But  wait, wait.  I am only going to purchase insurance under 250K IF I GET SICK ENOUGH- I mean seriously sick. As in I need over 20K worth of care sick.  So Obama, the Anti-gun, Anti 2nd amendment gun salesman of the year - might have returned the vast majority of the health care system to a market economy.  I need to go see the doctor. I don't pay 20K a year for insurance. I owe no penalty for not buying insurance. I pay the doctor out of pocket.. and health care costs do come down because the insurance industry is basically gone..

Obama is a free market messiah! Of course the poor only get a subsidy toward the purchase of insurance -- not money in pocket - so they can't afford to go and see the doctor, and the non-contributing zeros die!  A plan worthy of the Neo-Con Bush.

Anyone see a problem with that reasoning?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 03:11:25 PM by Weisshaupt »

charlesoakwood

Re: What am I missing ..
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 05:22:57 PM »

I would curse them to Hell if it weren't against the rules; however, $20K is not seriously sick, $20K is not even a rotator cuff or knee surgery.  $18K is a short visit to emergency. And, trust me, if one lives to 60 or 65 without spending time in the hospital he is an exception to the rule.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 06:00:58 PM »
Nothing more expensive than free healthcare.  Heard something today about another social security ponzai scheme being applied to O'BongoCare - charge males and the young through the ying yang and a free ride to seniors.  They are begging the former to storm out into the streets and slaughter the latter. What else could this spawn?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline pisskop

• Bump me, America!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 06:14:26 PM »
Government has complacency measures in place already.  The schools are not teaching personal success but mediocrity.  When nobody is capable of self sufficiency then we all need one another.  Look at the schools:  the Liberal's investment.
[MANNERISM_THREAD:lurk]

Today's ??? (_01OCT13_):

Quote from: midcan5;1330627
'Conservative' in America has come to be taken over by 'power.'

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 06:56:59 PM »
Government has complacency measures in place already.  The schools are not teaching personal success but mediocrity.  When nobody is capable of self sufficiency then we all need one another.  Look at the schools:  the Liberal's investment.

That's why I try to instill the notion of self sufficiency on my son.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 07:17:50 PM »
I would curse them to Hell if it weren't against the rules; however, $20K is not seriously sick, $20K is not even a rotator cuff or knee surgery.  $18K is a short visit to emergency. And, trust me, if one lives to 60 or 65 without spending time in the hospital he is an exception to the rule.

yes the point of the legislation is to obviously kill off the old and infirm in the human herd, because they can't afford you anymore. Rotator cuff and/or  Knee surgery would count as "seriously sick" in my mind.  But if your alternative is paying $20K a year, you might as well bank it and use it if and when you need it. If you are young, you don't have 20K in medical expenses a year, and you probably don't earn $250K. .  so most of the people you want in your pool - the ones who pay but whose chances of getting sick are near 0, are not in the pool.  You have ONLY those people whose bills ARE exceeding $20K  a year. And Yes, that could be one bad event and a trip in the ambulance, so you sign up after the fact to get that paid for, and then drop it again once you have it all done.   We will all eventually need the "catastrophic" coverage at some point, but they have made that impossible. Its back to the old method of paying out of pocket for most everything.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 09:05:45 PM »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 07:01:09 AM »
Carrousel = Human Bug Zapper

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 10:54:53 AM »
= "End of life counseling"
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 11:16:09 AM »
Cloward-Piven Blueprint still in play...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2013/feb/5/obama-health-law-will-cost-7-million/

...you have to displace them before you can enslave them.

::gaah::

States that tell the Fed's to go screw themselves are going to see an inlux of freedom-seeking people.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 06:07:48 PM »
Ah, I was missing the new rule

No need to pass anything -- we will just issues rules by  edict.
Every last one of them should hang.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 07:42:00 PM »
Ah, I was missing the new rule

No need to pass anything -- we will just issues rules by  edict.
Every last one of them should hang.

They will.  Eventually.  One way or t'other.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 11:21:37 AM »
Patience is a virtue, not one of mine however. . .