Author Topic: Obama’s first sequester move:  (Read 3379 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Obama’s first sequester move:
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 11:22:22 PM »
I don't know if anyone here has mentioned it yet but I saw this posted on AoS yesterday and I don't think that it can be repeated enough times. It's from a podcast of Glen Reynolds and you can hear it in its entirety here.

Here is the relevant quote:

REYNOLDS: Here’s the problem with public officials — because that’s really [Seidman’s] audience — deciding to ignore the Constitution: If you’re the president, if you’re a member of Congress, if you are a TSA agent, the only reason why somebody should listen to what you say, instead of horsewhipping you out of town for your impertinence, is because you exercise power via the Constitution. If the Constitution doesn’t count, you don’t have any legitimate power. You’re a thief, a brigand, an officious busybody, somebody who should be tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail for trying to exercise power you don’t possess.
So if we’re going to start ignoring the Constitution, I’m fine with that. The first part I’m going to start ignoring is the part that says, I have to do whatever they say.

ROBERTS: But his argument is that we already ignore the Constitution; it’s not really much of a binding document.

REYNOLDS: Oh, well, then I’m free to do whatever I want! And actually, that is a damning admission, because what that really says is: If you believe Seidman’s argument; if you believe that we already ignore the Constitution anyway, then in fact, the government rules by sheer naked force, and nothing else. And if that’s what you believe, then all of this talk of revolution suddenly doesn’t seem so crazy, it seems almost mandatory.

ROBERTS: Well, he would say – well, I won’t speak for him, but some would say that, well, there’s a social contract, we’ve all agreed to kind of play by these rules…

REYNOLDS: Oh really?!

ROBERTS: …of electing officials, and…

REYNOLDS: Well, the rules I agreed to electing these officials are the Constitution. I thought we were going to ignore that. That’s my social contract.

Lawlessness breeds lawlessness. I just wonder when the tipping point will be reached?
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 11:41:41 PM »
Releasing “waves” of illegal immigrants from detention centers

H/T Ace

Well there's a big ass surprise. Just like when local "officials" threaten that police, firemen, and teachers will be first on the chopping block if you don't consent to their latest money grubbing tax hike.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 12:16:16 AM »

H/T Ace

Well there's a big ass surprise. Just like when local "officials" threaten that police, firemen, and teachers will be first on the chopping block if you don't consent to their latest money grubbing tax hike.

The thing is the sequestor isn't due to take effect until Friday, I think.  The illegals have been released already.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Read that Glenn Harlan interview elsewhere, trap; spot on he is.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

RickZ

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 12:34:31 AM »
Owebama believes in The Rule of Law:  His rule, his law.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 07:29:53 AM »
Too late to open fire eh?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Lisa in PA

• Likes the place
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 07:50:45 AM »
Supposedly, Obama's reasoning for this release is in anticipation of cuts.  My question would be, if you feel forced to release prisoners, why wouldn't you pick Americans rather than illegal alien criminals?  It's just another poke in the eye from that a$$hole.  ::pokeineye::   I saw Judge Napolitano on Fox yesterday, and he said this would be an impeachable offense since Obama is charged by the Constitution to "faithfully" uphold his oath of office, and purposely putting American citizens in danger to make a point is the opposite of that.  I'm sitting here holding my breath..... ::falldownshocked::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 07:53:33 AM »

H/T Ace

The thing is the sequestor isn't due to take effect until Friday, I think.  The illegals have been released already.

You can never start a panic too early.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 11:31:08 AM »
I suppose he had Holder give them some guns they had leftover from their Mexico operation with the Cartel too, eh?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 07:16:25 AM »
And this is what passes for leadership for the POSOTUS-

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/27/obama-top-lawmakers-will-meet-friday-budget-cuts/

Wow, 7 whole minutes, how fricken magnanimous of Duh Wun!

::)

::mooning::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 12:03:41 PM »
Yet, somehow -- magic unicorns? -- it happened.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 07:59:36 PM »
Raise the tail and enjoy the skittles.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 08:08:49 PM »
taste the rainbow.

Riddle: how many impeachable offenses does it take to actually be impeached?
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 08:42:19 PM »
Lying POSOTUS doing his thing -

The White House on Wednesday said it did not approve the release this week of hundreds of illegal immigrants being held in detention centers

Gaslighting. That's all it is. It's remarkably effective too. Some university psychologist conducted an experiment where he and his assistants approached people walking through the campus and with a great concern in their voices asked the people if they were OK, did they need any help, etc. The people were always taken aback at first, "Uhh, help for what?"  And they'd tell them "You just fell down, you hit your head right on the sidewalk!"  It's uncanny how frequently that tactic worked with people.  It plants the seed in their mind that if indeed they did fall down and hit their head, perhaps they simply have no memory of the last few seconds and can they really trust their own perception versus what these obviously concerned passersby are telling them?

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 09:48:20 PM »

Read that the next big thing is going to be a
Constitutional Convention, a majority of states
can over rule the president and the congress.
It sounds like a great pressure valve and correction
is possible.  It's a possibility not a probability.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 09:54:15 PM »
The idea of a Constitutional Convention is not one that fills me with optimism. In the current climate, it would certainly be hijacked and crap like "right to a good job" would find its way in.

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 10:21:51 PM »
The idea of a Constitutional Convention is not one that fills me with optimism. In the current climate, it would certainly be hijacked and crap like "right to a good job" would find its way in.

Absolutely correct. A constitutional convention at this point would guarantee the end of the republic.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 07:16:29 AM »
I'm all for an all-consuming fire.

First up for today though is another (will it be 7 minutes again?) campaign CYA photo-op meeting at the Presidential Palace.

Should be a short meeting, tell the POSOTUS and Dingy Harry they are going to get the sequester action they are all for.  Tell POSOTUS to quite being a pussy and sign the order already!  It should have been done at midnight, yet here we are and the puny cuts in the increase in spending have not gone into effect yet?  POSOTUS be stonewalling!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 07:32:43 AM by Libertas »

charlesoakwood

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 09:32:02 AM »

Heard something about 11:59PM, going to be another Friday night dump.  Get your helmet.