Author Topic: Rand Paul filibustering Brennan appointment and Fed use of drones  (Read 6045 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN2/

He said he'll speak until he can speak no longer.

Drudge:

KY senator filbustering Brennan's CIA nomination...
STARTED AT 11:47 a.m. EST: 'I will speak until I can no longer speak'...
'No American should be killed by a drone on American soil'...
Won't let Obama 'shred the Constitution'...
Invokes Hitler...
LIVE...
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Rand Paul filibustering Brennan appointment and Fed use of drones
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 01:38:35 PM »
Watch the media go spastic over the Hitler reference. Good. We need outrage from Republicans willing to take the political risk.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 01:46:24 PM »
Keep up the good work, Senator!
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 01:50:43 PM »
Ted Cruz did his part today as well by forcing Eric we-are-a-nation-of-cowards Holder to admit that droning Americans on American soil, who do not pose an imminent threat of bodily harm, is unConstitutional.  I, however, don't like the codicil.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/after-protracted-questioning-holder-admits-its-unconstitutional-govt-kill-us-citizen
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 01:54:39 PM »
On the other hand, Boehner's screwing us over, but good.  First, he got rid of the TEA Party and conservative Conservatives, then had the House change a rule prohibiting amendments to the Continuing Resolution, which they're working on now, and which will fully fund the government for the rest of the year, allowing continuing implementation of Obamacare.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 01:58:53 PM »

Anticipate seeing McConnell sidestepping or diminishing Paul.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 02:08:49 PM »
On the other hand, Boehner's screwing us over, but good.  First, he got rid of the TEA Party and conservative Conservatives, then had the House change a rule prohibiting amendments to the Continuing Resolution, which they're working on now, and which will fully fund the government for the rest of the year, allowing continuing implementation of Obamacare.

It was already a very tenuous situation, but the GOP finally crossed the final line for me when they put Boehner back in as Speaker. I will never vote for another one.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 02:13:45 PM »

Not Voting Republican ::thumbsup::

Ted Cruz has joined the filibuster, china smashing
and golf tee breaking, yeah!  They're trouble.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 02:18:28 PM »

Not Voting Republican ::thumbsup::

Ted Cruz has joined the filibuster, china smashing
and golf tee breaking, yeah!  They're trouble.

And they are REPUBLICANS! We need them in power and I am praising God that the three men are there, (Rand, Cruz, and Lee, so far!)
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 02:23:15 PM »

Lee who?

In six years they may not be running as Republicans, they may be running on the Free Conservative Party.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 03:48:50 PM »
Mike Lee, I think.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 03:57:46 PM »
Paul has now been aided in his effort by Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, and... Democrat senator Ron Wyden.

This drones killing Americans thing is going to be aired out, it seems.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lisa in PA

• Likes the place
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 04:12:24 PM »
Now he is talking about the Administration labeling people who hoard food or respect the Constitution as terrorists, and where this could lead.  Harry Reid tried to stop him by giving him the opportunity to speak for 30 minutes on the confirmation of Brennan.   ::hysterical::  Paul is really airing the dirty laundry today, bless his soul.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 05:05:58 PM »
Pray for the man, for strength.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 05:35:24 PM »
Is this on C SPAN?
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Magnum

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 05:54:45 PM »
Every Republican should be joining in and supporting Senator Paul. I know wishful thinking.

Don I think you can get the live feed here: http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN2/
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 06:02:33 PM »
Every Republican Conservative should be joining in and supporting Senator Paul. I know wishful thinking.

Don I think you can get the live feed here: http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN2/

FIFY
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 06:42:43 PM »
Every Republican should be joining in and supporting Senator Paul. I know wishful thinking.

LOL.....Good for Paul. Since I'm at work, I can keep it playing.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 07:21:42 PM »

It's on CSPAN tv also.

Watching Rand Paul's filibuster should be required.
At this moment he is expressing the rule of law and
African cleptocracy.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member