Author Topic: Colorado anti-2A law, and State Senate Recall  (Read 14330 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Colorado anti-2A law, and State Senate Recall
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2013, 11:42:15 AM »
Magpul says they'll be manufacturing the first products outside of occupied Colorado within 30 days.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/03/ammo-manufacturer-magpul-says-move-from-occupied-colorado-already-underway/

::USA::   ::clapping::    ::USA::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2013, 11:59:10 AM »
It is a good day when a weapons manufacturer takes a firm and unequivocal stance against tyranny. We can see that when it comes down to it, at least some of the people who make weapons are willing to choose sides. That is not insignificant.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2013, 12:15:59 PM »
I see they make iPhone cases now.  I might have to buy one even though I've been pleased with the OtterBox case I have now.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2013, 11:47:17 AM »
CHickenPlooper thinks he will not pay a price for his anti-2nd Amendment actions and driving business out of the state.

http://www.9news.com/news/politics/321188/166/Hickenlooper-doesnt-think-gun-control-will-cost-him-re-election

Y'all in the so-called "small minority" gonna take that?   ::saywhat::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2013, 12:18:50 PM »
CHickenPlooper thinks he will not pay a price for his anti-2nd Amendment actions and driving business out of the state.

http://www.9news.com/news/politics/321188/166/Hickenlooper-doesnt-think-gun-control-will-cost-him-re-election

Y'all in the so-called "small minority" gonna take that?   ::saywhat::

It may not cost him re-election. 10 Years ago we had 3 Million people living here.  Now its 5 Million, with the balance coming from California. And now since the Dems have announced they plan to cheat in all future elections, there is no reason to suppose he won't win re-election. We have two libtard senators too.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2013, 12:37:40 PM »
I don't know for sure, but I would expect that a large number of Leftist Coloradans are watching the gun manufacturers leaving with a great deal of satisfaction and schadenfreude. They dont want their state polluted with those nasty symbols of liberty and American heritage. There's a state to destroy and a Leftist Utopia to create. The loss of a few manufacturing jobs is a small price to pay for purging of the Right from Colorado.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Magnum

« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2013, 06:01:42 PM »
It is a shame what is happening in Colorado. I first went to Colorado in 1974 on a family trip and I loved it there (have been back many times since).  At the time I saw many cars that that had bumper stickers with the word native on them.

I asked what the Native meant. I was told there were so many transplants from California coming to Colorado and it was a way to protest the influx. That was 40 years ago. I see it here in Minnesocold too with all the lefty transplants from New York.

It gets so  ::cussing:: frustrating dealing with lefties and observing the destruction they bring. When the area(s) they live in get ruined they move on to other states and destroy them.

Dennis Prager is right when he says "the left destroys everything it touches".

Hopefully Colorado can and will come back, it is such a beautiful state. It makes me SICK that the left for now anyway is running ruining it.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 06:52:20 PM by Magnum »
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2013, 07:15:26 PM »
It is a shame what is happening in Colorado. I first went to Colorado in 1974 on a family trip and I loved it there (have been back many times since).  At the time I saw many cars that that had bumper stickers with the word native on them.

Once upon a time you could get license plates with the word native. They got rid of those when the new lefty transplants claimed it was insulting to the American Indians.  I was born here. I am Native to this state. Funny how the "progressives" seem to worry an awful lot about history that is over 100 years old, you know, expect when that history doesn't bolster what they want to beleive.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2013, 09:25:01 PM »
Californicated.  And those locusts care not what they destroy.  Until we treat locusts like pests, it will only get much much worse.  I guess fat ignorant and lazy Americans are fine with that.  Doesn't sit well with me at all, when the time comes there will be no mercy given to them, the proponents or enablers!  Not taking a stand is making a choice to side with the destroyers of liberty.  They are already dead to me.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2013, 11:30:49 AM »
This is pretty effed up too!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/05/will-a-new-colorado-law-give-local-police-powers-to-the-secret-service-in-that-state/

Sheriff's should ask for civilians to volunteer to be unpaid deputies, I'd do that in a heartbeat if it means checking Federal tyrants and their in-state co-conspirators!

These traitors to liberty need to see an aroused and armed populace willing to get in their faces!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2013, 11:44:02 AM »
88.7% of CO Sheriffs on the side of Americans and their rights, God Bless them!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/22/were-not-going-to-tolerate-it-colo-sheriffs-unite-to-block-unenforceable-gun-control-legislation/

MOAR!!!!

::clapping::  ::cool::   ::bustamove::   ::thumbsup::   ::USA::   ::danceban::   ::whoohoo::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2013, 01:55:20 AM »
Here's a bit of good news...

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo., June 3, 2013 — Petition signatures filed with the Colorado Secretary of State’s office are more than sufficient to recall state senator John Morse (D). The recall is the first recall of a Colorado legislator in the state’s history.

The Recall Morse committee filed over 16,000 signatures, more than double the required number.

It's good to be historic.

So, one down. Two more to go.

mrs. trapeze and I have both signed, of course.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

RickZ

« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2013, 05:02:09 AM »
Trap, I love this bit from the linked article:

Harris is a project manager by profession and he put those skills to good use during the recall effort. Every weekend there was a drawing for prizes among those who turned in the most signatures which included 30-round Magpul magazines.

This, reported the Colorado Springs Gazette, had never been done before.

The grand prize, a Glock pistol, was awarded Sunday to former state representative Larry Liston, who has been very active in collecting signatures.

Nothing like a little 'sales' incentive.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2013, 06:33:36 AM »
There's one little niggling thing about the Colorado Sheriff's opposition to this legislation: They keep citing its "unenforceability" as the reason they will not support it. Not its unconstitutionality. Thus, the implication is that if the bill had been written in a way as to make it enforceable, they would be supporting it.

That bothers me. I'm glad they oppose it. But that bothers me.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2013, 07:00:09 AM »
I hear ya IDP...it strikes me as an intentionally nuanced word for their official statements...allows those who view it as unconstitutional and/or unenforceable to get along on this opposition effort...unless one takes a poll of the membership we really have no idea what the split is...so in essence we are back to square one in that we never can be sure who in LE is on our Founders side.

I do like that incentive though!  A pistol and high-cap mags!  Priceless!  In your face, libiots!   ::whoohoo::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2013, 07:35:16 AM »
You can take the position that it is unenforceable because, among other things, it is unconstitutional.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2013, 08:38:25 AM »
You can take the position that it is unenforceable because, among other things, it is unconstitutional.

Yeah, you could. But you hear what I'm saying.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2013, 08:39:05 AM »
There's one little niggling thing about the Colorado Sheriff's opposition to this legislation: They keep citing its "unenforceability" as the reason they will not support it. Not its unconstitutionality. Thus, the implication is that if the bill had been written in a way as to make it enforceable, they would be supporting it.

That bothers me. I'm glad they oppose it. But that bothers me.

Its about 90% of the Sherriffs.. they are poviding cover for those in the Democratic counties. If you watch some pressers some say its unconstitutional as well, but they are pushnig the unenforcable nature of it to the press because that is what the collition is based on. No democrats supports the constitution. They can't, as that document declares the exisitence of inalienable rights, and the dems fundamentally don't believe other people have rights.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2013, 12:57:03 PM »
I agree with IDP, but I think they are motivated by ideological opposition rather than pragmatism, which is good. The entire "War on Drugs" is unenforceable, but that hasn't stopped police wasting billions (trillions?) of dollars over the past several decades pursuing it. So I think their opposition to new gun laws is motivated by more than its unenforceability.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2013, 01:24:40 PM »
I agree with IDP, but I think they are motivated by ideological opposition rather than pragmatism, which is good. The entire "War on Drugs" is unenforceable, but that hasn't stopped police wasting billions (trillions?) of dollars over the past several decades pursuing it. So I think their opposition to new gun laws is motivated by more than its unenforceability.

So in other words, they are ideologically opposed but too afraid to say it, so they couch their opposition in terms that will be politically palatable, thus avoiding the primary discussion that we must have as a nation if liberty is to survive.

Think of what a boon it would be to liberty if County Sheriffs in Colorado and across the nation locked arms and proclaimed Colorado's law and any like it unconstitutional, and refused to enforce those laws on that ground alone.

Instead, we get Sheriffs trying to cover their ass - too afraid to deal with an assault on liberty head-on - avoiding the real issue of constitutionality, and leaving the door wide open for Colorado or its copycats to make their anti-2A laws "better" and "enforceable".
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 01:43:22 PM by IronDioPriest »

- Thomas Jefferson