Author Topic: Roger Waters, Terrorist Supporter  (Read 774 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Roger Waters, Terrorist Supporter
« on: March 21, 2013, 07:42:07 AM »
Apparently all those lyrics decrying war and killing doesn't apply to da jooooooos.

Pink Floyd Bassist Tells Pro-Palestinian Site Boycotting Israel Is the ‘Way to Go"

::unknowncomic::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Roger Waters, Terrorist Supporter
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 08:15:49 AM »
I've always hated that egotistical bastard. I always thought it was just because he ruined Pink Floyd.
 ::stirpot::

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 11:08:40 AM »
Roger Waters annouces to the world he is a Jew-hater...this is news?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 01:44:02 PM »
Roger Waters annouces to the world he is a Jew-hater...this is news?

Roger Waters removes all doubt that he is a major-league azzhole...this is news?

::angel::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 09:27:20 PM »
I've always hated that egotistical bastard.

I've always had those feelings for about 90% of the artists.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 10:14:10 PM »
This is where you almost just have to sigh with frustration, when you have artists whose material indicates they are so close to something, only to identify the wrong target (or fail to identify the other part of the target).

The Wall is an epic warning against authoritarian collectivism. Listen to Another Brick in the Wall Part II, the famous lines about "we don't need no education" and tell me it's not a more accurate indictment of the Left than anyone else. This really just shows the power of narratives. The narrative is that authoritarianism comes from the Right, hence if you're against that you have to identify as left/liberal. I think it's no more complicated than that for most of these musicians, actors, authors.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 10:31:49 PM »
This is where you almost just have to sigh with frustration, when you have artists whose material indicates they are so close to something, only to identify the wrong target (or fail to identify the other part of the target).

The Wall is an epic warning against authoritarian collectivism. Listen to Another Brick in the Wall Part II, the famous lines about "we don't need no education" and tell me it's not a more accurate indictment of the Left than anyone else. This really just shows the power of narratives. The narrative is that authoritarianism comes from the Right, hence if you're against that you have to identify as left/liberal. I think it's no more complicated than that for most of these musicians, actors, authors.

The exact same thing was in play in the excellent film, "V for Vendetta". The right-wing totalitarian fascists in the movie were a substitute for the totalitarian Leftists that threaten our liberty in real life.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 11:39:27 PM »
I find it interesting the track of thought between the $500 Bounty thread with my posting of the Bloom County cartoon and the mention here of Roger Waters and his unwitting Liberal Projection™.  He feeeeeeeeeeeeeels that he is being scathing in his biting and indicting criticism of the right in his work when in truth he describes his own side of the fence. Same with Berkley Breathed and Bloom County cartoons.

He tried to exorcise his private devils in his cartoons, employing both scorn and satire to depict what he believed to be right-wing foibles. He only managed to outline and define the various neuroses that is uniquely post-modern liberalism. I think that ultimately he sensed his own hypocrisy and in response killed his own creations - only to have the little devils haunt him into resurrecting them for another go.

The cartoon is funny if you think that a 'winger drew it. It's intriguing when you consider that a libtard created it.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 09:08:33 AM »
A lot of his lyrics (I always thought, anyway) came from his dad dying in WWII, fighting Hitler.  So what's the ultimate tool to do when approaching 70?  Embrace the ideology that's the closest match to Hitler.

Yes, I'd be more than happy to strap that on, the next time I'm in a room with some jews.