Author Topic: How they voted on the end of the filibuster against gun registration.  (Read 6090 times)

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
The following Republican Senators voted AYE (along with 52 Democrats) on the motion to proceed on gun control legislation. If you live in one of these states call them and let them know how you feel: 202-224-3121

Alexander [TN]
 Ayotte [NH]
 Burr [NC]
 Chambliss [GA]
 Coburn [OK]
Collins [ME]
 Corker [TN]
Flake [AZ]
 Graham [SC]
 Heller [NV]
 Hoeven [ND]
 Isakson [GA]
 Kirk [IL]
McCain [AZ]
 Toomey [PA]
 Wicker [MS]

The good news is that the majority of the GOP voted with us. 15 didn't. Now we have to keep replacing these guys with more conservatives each election until we can take back our party and our country.

And before we start back on the vote them all out idea, keep in mind that the Democrats were pretty much 100% against us. (2 didn't vote.)
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: How they voted on the end of the filibuster against gun registration.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 12:13:36 PM »
Gawdammit, Burr voted with the traitors.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 12:21:23 PM »
They're all traitors.
Except for (maybe) 3

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 12:28:51 PM »
Question for those more familiar with parliamentary procedure:

What is the net effect of this vote? On the face of it the procedure only allows the various bills to advance to debate. Now I'm not so naive as to be ignorant of all the underhanded shenanigans that the dhimmis routinely pull, but it isn't like they signed on to any of the bills - have they?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 12:43:28 PM »
Don't know who the co-authors are, but I believe a Senator can filibuster each and every amendment to the bill that comes up for debate...since the loser Dingy Harry warned them not to do that.  So, if they passes on this motion merely to set the stage for multiple filibusters then all is forgiven, if they cave as we expect and grab their ankles then the treason is complete.  Either way this is all part of the O'Bongo-Reid-Pelosi campaignissue gin-up to pin the slaughter of little kiddies on the Repub House.

It's all high drama for campaign commercials to bludgeon the sheeple with.  As we have seen...support for ankle-grabbing Pubbies continues to slide and the strategy of lies, damned lies and demonazi propaganda campaigns could very well succeed.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 12:44:36 PM »
It was allowed to advance. So one opportunity to kill it has passed and it went unscathed.  You can predict a vote somewhere down the road. And we will lose. And many of those who could have stopped it here will vote against it there. But, it will be too late.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

Offline benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 01:04:29 PM »
Do I have to remind people that the Republicans that allowed this to move forward are progressives too.  They are just as frightened of an armed public as are the Demoscats.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 01:36:18 PM »
Alexander ( no surprise) and Corker ( shows more each day what he is)........I know it is useless with Alexander, but I'm gonna contact both.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 03:06:06 PM »

I told y'all about him. That letter I got from him didn't give me any warm & fuzzies about his pro-gun bona fides. It was a typical politician's position, i.e. both positions and neither.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 05:54:57 PM »

I told y'all about him. That letter I got from him didn't give me any warm & fuzzies about his pro-gun bona fides. It was a typical politician's position, i.e. both positions and neither.

Yes, you did, but I've been aggravated by him since '06 when he played coy about whether he was going to stand up for us or cave on that POS amnesty bill.

It was allowed to advance. So one opportunity to kill it has passed and it went unscathed.  You can predict a vote somewhere down the road. And we will lose. And many of those who could have stopped it here will vote against it there. But, it will be too late.

Not just allowed to advance; by voting this way, they've seen to it that it doesn't need 60 votes for it to pass now.

Howzzat pragmatism workin' fer ya now, hmmm?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 06:01:12 PM »
Time and again they pull this crap on us.
Instead of using every opportunity to stop things they allow it to pass through whereinevitably it passes

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 08:31:13 PM »

It was allowed to advance. So one opportunity to kill it has passed and it went unscathed.  You can predict a vote somewhere down the road. And we will lose. And many of those who could have stopped it here will vote against it there. But, it will be too late.

Not just allowed to advance; by voting this way, they've seen to it that it doesn't need 60 votes for it to pass now.

Howzzat pragmatism workin' fer ya now, hmmm?

Better than shooting one's self in the foot, not as good as having won the primary for the best man in the first place.

We need to run a true conservative, who can win the general, against him in the next primary.  But, if he is the most conservative candidate in the general, I will vote for him, again.

Bear in mind, not one word has been said against Senator Hagan. She is running next cycle. I want HER gone FIRST. But, I will not forget Senator Burr's betrayal.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 09:20:33 AM »
To paraphrase an infamous coach who once sported the colors purple & gold in these parts "The Pubbies are exactly who we thought they were, and we let them off the hook"!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 10:33:43 AM »
To paraphrase an infamous coach who once sported the colors purple & gold in these parts "The Pubbies are exactly who we thought they were, and we let them off the hook"!

Funny that the enemy is from Chicago in both cases.

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 02:29:20 PM »

Sen. Mark Kirk says the real driving force behind the gun deal that was hatched by bipartisan work was booze and boat retreats.

...visits to the Black Tie, a [54'] yacht   UPDATE: (File Photo)  owned by Democrat Sen. Joe Manchin, played a large role in the Democratic-Republican come-together...

If booze and visits on that boat are all it takes to sway opinion ...we're sunk.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 02:50:06 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 04:00:18 PM »

The Toomey-Manchin compromise language is finally public.  Here’sthe relevant part:

It shall be unlawful for any person other than a licensed dealer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed importer to complete the transfer of a firearm to any other person who is not licensed under this chapter, if such transfer occurs-

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 04:07:50 PM »

Yes, you did, but I've been aggravated by him since '06 when he played coy about whether he was going to stand up for us or cave on that POS amnesty bill.

Alright, so what are going to do about him? At a minimum we need to write his office and let him know he needs to do his damn job or we guarantee he's going to be looking for another one.  I know there's me, you, and BAS who live in NC. Anyone else here on the forum?

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 05:02:31 PM »

Alright, so what are going to do about him?

We primary the sonofabitch.

At a minimum we need to write his office and let him know he needs to do his damn job or we guarantee he's going to be looking for another one.

Via Grassroots NC:

"Misguided {my ass - P.} US Senate gun control proposals could have been quickly killed during Thursday's vote to proceed, if not for 13 “sell-out” Republicans who cut unknown deals with Harry Reid (D-AZ). Both of our Senators voted to subject our Second Amendment rights to infringement. This is unacceptable, and they both must pay.

It was perhaps expected from Hagan given her GRNC 0-star rating, but Burr's betrayal is unforgivable. As late as Wednesday, April 10th he had pledged to join patriots like Senators Paul and Cruz in filibustering the motion to proceed. The fact the very next day he voted in favor MAKES IT CLEAR Burr has LIED to NC voters and cannot be trusted to defend our fundamental liberties.

They both may claim they “want debate” and that they don't intend to vote for the bill, and that there are opportunities to filibuster later. Don't buy it. There is nothing good that can come from this bad bill remaining alive a second longer than it has to. It is now possible to use this bill as a “vehicle” for unknown amendments that will be introduced – including Feinstein's modern rifle ban. The entire federal gun control effort could have been over today and the threat behind us. Instead, now we must watch the Senate's every move as “must pass before we know what's in it” amendments are introduced.

Both Burr and Hagan need to understand that IF ANY gun control restrictions are passed as a result of their betrayal THEY WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE!

Letter to Burr:

"Dear Senator Burr:

I am very disappointed {aggravated as all get-out - P.} that you have voted in favor of proceeding with the Obama/Biden/Feinstein gun control bill. This disappointment is particularly sharp because you lied about joining a filibuster of the motion to proceed with it. This dishonesty is unforgivable, and you have much to do in order to regain my trust.

Nothing so far proposed will do anything to reduce violent crime or prevent mass-murder of those made defenseless by law in “Gun Free Zones”, such as the children killed in Newtown. The problem isn't so much that criminals are armed, but that we have laws imposing defenselessness that seem to pretend criminals will obey them.

What you have helped move can only further erode the Second Amendment freedom of law-abiding Americans.

As your constituent I expect you to do all in your power to eliminate the threat this bad bill presents to my fundamental liberty at every opportunity.

I will be following progress through Grass Roots North Carolina alerts."

I know there's me, you, and BAS who live in NC. Anyone else here on the forum?

CHF.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2013, 10:04:06 AM »
I'm trying to think of what to write without prompting a visit from guys in mirrored sunglasses.

- Yours Truly