Author Topic: On the lighter side...  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Lisa in PA

• Likes the place
On the lighter side...
« on: April 21, 2013, 07:54:38 AM »
I've said here before that even though my daughter goes to a public school, it's not like the ones everyone is afraid of.  On Friday, they finished up their PSSA testing in the morning, and there was a dance scheduled for that night, so the kids had a choice of: baking cookies for the dance, going to the gym to play intramural sports, or, as my child selected, survivalist training in the woods behind the school.   ::hysterical::  I would have loved to see that. 

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: On the lighter side...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 08:41:49 AM »
No doubt, video would be awesome! I'm guessing that the school's version of survivalist training and Weisshaupt's might have some key differences.
 ::hysterical::

My 2nd grader has struggled a little bit with math (go figger, she's an Asian who doesn't fit the stereotype lol). So imagine my delight when she came home a few days ago beaming, "Daddy, guess what? I like math now!" "Oh yeah, why's that honey?" "Because I'm finally getting better at multicaplation!"

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lisa in PA

• Likes the place
Re: On the lighter side...
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 09:04:37 AM »
I saw the picture of your daughter.  She's a cutie.  Eight is such a fun age, but I've been saying that about every age my daughter is!  I'm a math retard, and I was afraid I passed that on, but something clicked and she's doing great now.  She is not very athletic though, she thinks jumping from the curb to the street is an amazing feat of physical prowess.  That's why I laugh when I picture her with her former marine teacher, tromping through the woods, doing whatever.  I suspect you are right about the difference between what she did and what Mr. Weisshaupt's class would entail.