Author Topic: Nuclear Plant Attacked - Apparent News Blackout  (Read 3228 times)

Offline gumshoe009

• Newb
Nuclear Plant Attacked - Apparent News Blackout
« on: April 25, 2013, 12:02:10 AM »
Are the people in this forum aware that this past Sunday morning at 2 a.m. there was a shootout between a security guard and an unknown suspect at Watts Bar Nuclear Plant in East Tennessee between Knoxville and Chattanooga (near Athens, TN).  I have numerous friends in Tennessee where I used to live and teach and although they are all politically astute, they were unaware of this shooting until I notified them by email.  The federal government has been very hush about this incident and I provide a link below that discusses the incident.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/apr/25/tva-mum-on-shooting-details/
"When victimization is your empowerment, recovery is the enemy."
... Tammy Bruce, from "The Death of Right and Wrong"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Nuclear Plant Attacked - Apparent News Blackout
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 12:04:25 AM »
Yes, I'd read a preliminary account and another noting the security guard's car sustained bullet damage.

Amazing what we're not being told these days, hmmm?

Welcome, by the way.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 12:06:00 AM »
Seems I heard it mentioned and then nothing. Drowned out in the static of 24/7 Boston bomber coverage. Like a lot of things have been likewise drowned out. Gosnell, the Saudi national, the West explosion and others all silenced by the Boston bomber coverage.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline gumshoe009

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 01:26:27 AM »
I'm making the prediction that this incident will be similar to the previous two incidents of a security officer reporting being shot at.  I suspect the security officer accidentally discharged his sidearm and had to come up with some cock & bull story to cover for his truck damage.  I suspect the FBI feels similarly and that is why they are not talking much right now.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 05:56:47 AM »
Something along the lines "Raccoon city was destroyed by a nuclear explosion from the local nuclear reactor going super critical."
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 06:58:58 AM »
Something along the lines "Raccoon city was destroyed by a nuclear explosion from the local nuclear reactor going super critical."

Crap, the T-virus is loose!   ::exitstageleft::

Anyway...

Where do they get these names?  Watts Bar, Raccoon Mountain...Dry Crotch...OK I made that last one up...or did I!   ::speechless::   ;D

My father was an AF MP during the Korean War (War, not "conflict"!  ::) ) and they used to get goofy and do cowboy quick-draws with their M1911s out on the edge of runways etc...all is fun and games till someone gets shot, which they did, and then they spend the rest of their hitch and then some in the stockade.  We don't have enough info to know if there was a real incident here or if this poor bastard got stupid and panicked and came up with some BS that blew up in his face.  If the former we could be getting zip because they don't want word getting out that panics the sheeple in the area and if the latter then it is a real nothing-to-see-here-move-along instance.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 07:27:34 AM »
If the media can memory-hole Benghazi, they can memory-hole anything.

Time will tell if this is a nothing-burger or an act of terrorism. If it harms the regime, it'll be up to people like us to chronicle.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

RickZ

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 08:35:20 AM »
I'm sure the officials are examining the security guard's car for any recoverable bullets.  It would be highly suspect if the alleged perp and the security guard had the same caliber weapon.

From the article, the false alarm shootings happened in the last century.  A lot has changed since then.  Filing a false report on such an 'incident' now would likely lead to arrest, where before making a false report might only have been terminaton of employment.

That this came so quickly on the heels of the Marathon bombing creates many questions which I will probably never have answered, not with this criminal crew in D.C.

And you can be damn sure that no one in D.C. wants these seemingly unrelated dots (Boston and TN) connected in any way.  That would put the Administration on the hot seat, and the Fellatio Media would never be so cruel as to do that to one of their own (a fellow progressive putz).

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 10:16:16 AM »
I'm sure the officials are examining the security guard's car for any recoverable bullets.  It would be highly suspect if the alleged perp and the security guard had the same caliber weapon.

^^^
That
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline gumshoe009

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 04:18:32 PM »
Being a retired cop myself, my money is on this incident being nothing more than a Nimrod wannabe cop making one bad decision and then trying to cover it up by making a far more serious bad decision.  If you are familiar with that area of east Tennessee downstream of Watts Bar Dam, it is pretty isolated and about the last place you would expect Islamic terrorists.  After all, if you are going to blow up a nuclear facility for the attention and mass killing it will produce, you aren't going to do it at Watts Bar where urban centers are many miles away.  A more likely target would be on the eastern seaboard or the Fermi plant between Toledo and Detroit or the Zion or Cook nuclear plants near Chicago.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 05:10:25 PM »
It smells like a self-inflicted incident to me, but if it wasn't we'd never know...if a jihadi incursion (no matter how incompetent or isolated) happened we would not know, it is not news the PTBs would let out.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 05:38:39 PM »
As you can see, gumshoe, we 'round here pretty much don't trust what they say and what they don't say.

Wonder how that happened ......  ::saywhat::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 07:06:40 PM »

FBI used to say, there are no coincidences, that's what they used to say.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2013, 06:51:40 AM »
Yeah, now they say "stop looking there, that ain't right, that angle is not vetted by Eric or Barry!"...

::unknowncomic::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 02:10:34 AM »
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/apr/26/fbi-still-investigating-weekend-shooting-at-bar/

Investigators are running down leads in an early Sunday shootout between a security officer at Watt Bar Nuclear Plant and an individual who fired multiple shots from a boat on Chickamauga Lake near Spring City, Tenn., property.

Offline robins111

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 08:08:30 AM »
Maybe it is just a stupid security guard and some self induced damage, but I've been wondering about the rash of explosions, that statistically do not make sense, two (2) barges/ ships exploding in inland waters within a week.. that's bizarre..  I've always concluded that much of what we hear about in the news,is so tightly controlled, that there could be a political assassination, and we'd not know for weeks..

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 08:31:56 AM »
Some refinery exploded in the last day or two as well.

ETA: Here it is - Detroit.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 09:00:49 AM »
Maybe it is just a stupid security guard and some self induced damage, but I've been wondering about the rash of explosions, that statistically do not make sense, two (2) barges/ ships exploding in inland waters within a week.. that's bizarre..  I've always concluded that much of what we hear about in the news,is so tightly controlled, that there could be a political assassination, and we'd not know for weeks..

I missed those.  Big surprise, right?  Where did they happen?

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 09:10:44 AM »

I missed those.  Big surprise, right?  Where did they happen?

Alabama.

- Thomas Jefferson