Author Topic: The Insanity of Political Correctness  (Read 2498 times)

Offline gumshoe009

• Newb
The Insanity of Political Correctness
« on: May 23, 2013, 04:43:05 PM »
Well, I called this one right. Yesterday I only half sarcastically commented in a Facebook group I am the administrator of that the twenty minute response time for police to respond to this terrorist incident (almost in central London) was likely due to officers having to first contact their watch commander and be issued actual firearms before responding to the scene. Well, it's almost worse than that for the long delay before a response by armed police is because only a small number of police in London are actually issued firearms and the long response time within the near central part of London was due to the time delay in rounding up cops who actually had firearms and were trained to use them. I pray this insane policy of not arming the street Bobbies in London comes to an end and supervision recognizes that this unarmed policy is pure insanity. I also was appalled that the armed cops that did respond felt it appropriate to shoot the two suspects in the legs when the suspects charged them with sharp edged weapons. To not aim at center mass in such a situation is taking political correctness to the insane extreme. Such tactics are begging for casualties by the good guys. Those cops were truly lucky they were not victims of fatal injuries by aiming for the legs of those cockroaches.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2329648/Police-commander-forced-defend-response-time-desperate-Woolwich-killing-999-calls-claims-armed-officers-14-minutes.html
"When victimization is your empowerment, recovery is the enemy."
... Tammy Bruce, from "The Death of Right and Wrong"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: The Insanity of Political Correctness
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 05:23:29 PM »
I also was appalled that the armed cops that did respond felt it appropriate to shoot the two suspects in the legs when the suspects charged them with sharp edged weapons. To not aim at center mass in such a situation is taking political correctness to the insane extreme.

I'm thinking that may be contributed to lack of actual target practice than training. If they don't have many guns, they probably don't get much ammo, which means not much practice.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 05:24:52 PM »
The British have long prided themselves on the fact that most of their beat cops are unarmed. They have always figured that to be a testament to how civil their society is, that even the criminal element don't rate an armed response. Well those days of Merry Olde England with rosy cheeked maidens are, sadly, long gone. They better get with the program....or programme.

Does anyone remember the final part of An American Werewolf in London? The werewolf is running amok in Piccadilly Circus and the police respond with a special van carrying the armed officers. The monster roams at will in the meantime. This is pretty much what happened in London yesterday: a foreign monster running amok while the local police try to put together an effective response.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline gumshoe009

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 05:56:25 PM »
Exactly Gock22, they had to round up a cadre of officers who actually had firearms... pathetic.  And Alan, I am thinking just the opposite from your suspicions.  I suspect the officers who are issued firearms are highly trained and have ample firearms training.  The Brits are fully capable of mustering crack SWAT teams.  I am of the belief that those weasels who were shot in the legs was by deliberate intent due to the atmosphere of political correctness that is even worse in the United Kingdom than it is here in the USA.  My guess is that the grunts in the field were pressured to take those savages alive by their deluded supervision and thus they were deliberately shot in the legs.  That's my suspicion and I'm sticking with it.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 06:03:00 PM »
Yeah, shooting center-mass does not comport with, "relentlessly pursue and find the alleged perpetrators and bring them to justice."
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 10:42:41 PM »
Forgive me, f**k'em. They made their pc bed ant they have to live with it. The military now calls on it's members to not be in uniform while out and about in their own country. No, f**k'em....they're all stupid f**ks even the Tories. ::gaah::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 11:03:25 PM »
It is evolution in action. The sun has been setting on the UK for several decades now.

They don't even have an aircraft carrier anymore.

I hope they at least shot them in the knees. If I couldn't shoot to kill I would most definitely shoot to maim. But I suppose that's asking too much, too.

Here they are shooting them:

« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 11:09:29 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 04:57:56 AM »
Pitiful. Absolutely pitiful.

How many armed cops responded? The perp runs up to their cop/clown car and it takes all six firing twenty rounds and all they do is put the Muzzie in the hospital? NO VIRGINS FOR YOU!

On a related note, Montana homeowner drops burglar with one shot. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/23/armed-montana-homeowner-only-needed-one-bullet/

Pitiful.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 10:20:02 AM »
Dispatching trash tends to send the right message to other would be asshats...

The Brits should be filling morgues not hospitals.  Poor stupid bastards.  They are truly hosed.  The pc/diversity/multi-culti cultists will only destroy you from within...we are fighting them here...the Brits are merely further down the drain than we are...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 10:37:58 AM »
Pitiful. Absolutely pitiful.

How many armed cops responded? The perp runs up to their cop/clown car and it takes all six firing twenty rounds and all they do is put the Muzzie in the hospital? NO VIRGINS FOR YOU!

On a related note, Montana homeowner drops burglar with one shot. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/23/armed-montana-homeowner-only-needed-one-bullet/

Pitiful.

Sounds like a tragic traffic accident to me, wherein the poor man "died of his injuries."
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline gumshoe009

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 07:15:18 PM »
I am still of the firm belief that those armed officers were ordered only to wound.  That dirty little secret will be hard to pry from those who know.  As a retired cop, my instincts and intuition on these types of matters have a very good reliability record.  If I am right, then the management of law enforcement in the UK is tragically incompetent.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 07:38:07 PM »
I am still of the firm belief that those armed officers were ordered only to wound.  That dirty little secret will be hard to pry from those who know. 

I agree 100%. It would be naive to think that armed police officers don't know how to aim for center-mass, and equally naive to think they would all miss center mass and hit the legs. They were doing what they were supposed to do, according to the warped liberal doctrine under which they operate.

Don't dare kill killers, cuz, civilized.
Don't dare agitate the 'Slims, cuz, diversity.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 10:54:20 AM »
It wouldn't surprise me if police there can only use FMJ, like the military.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2013, 04:02:25 PM »
Wonder if one was shot center mass if the cop would keep his job.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 04:05:20 PM »

He'd probably be charged with a hate-crime against issslam.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2013, 01:19:27 PM »

He'd probably be charged with a hate-crime against issslam.
Libertyvillle would award him the Legion of Merit and make him a constable.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.