Author Topic: Why Do I Hate Hippies & Hipsters? Let Me Count The Ways  (Read 8949 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Why Do I Hate Hippies & Hipsters? Let Me Count The Ways
« on: May 23, 2013, 10:48:27 PM »
It was only last night that I was musing on why I live in the middle of nowhere and do not for a second regret not living in a major metro area. One of the reasons for having no regrets is that where I live we have no hipsters or hippies. I don't like being angry and I get angry around intentionally stupid people. Hipsters are stupid on steroids. Hipsters are stupid with an attitude of self important arrogance.

Actually, we are not exactly immune from hipsters here. Every once in a while they vacation here. At least, they do until they realize that the outdoors is icky and inconvenient and then they leave. I suppose the only thing positive I can say about hipsters visiting our community is that they leave a lot of their money here which is good: They can't spend that money on stupid stuff anymore (like campaign donations to leftists) and we get to spend the money they leave on what we think is important. Plus, I hear that the locals charge hipsters double and triple for stuff all the time. So that's good.

I guess I had better get to the point of this post. If I lived in the city I would probably have to deal with hipsters and their spawn engaging in "elimination communication" or EC. Get ready for this because if you haven't heard of it (like me) you will find it difficult to believe. Or maybe you won't. They are frickin' idiots, after all.

EC is where a hipster is supposed to somehow deduce when their spawn is going to take a dump and hurry up rush them somewhere to do it because the hipster spawn is diaper-free. Yeah, hipster parents who practice EC let their spawn run around without anything on their butts and are constantly dealing with hipster junior excreting all over the place. I can just imagine how I would react if a pair of hipsters did this in public in my presence. It would be bad for them. Because that's what tasers are for.

I learned of this at the AoS ONT. They linked to this article which linked to this article. Here's a quote:

GREENPOINT — Pardis Partow decided to give her year-old son, Parker, some diaper-free time at home — much to the consternation of her Yorkshire terrier.

Because of Parker’s terrible diaper rash, the Bedford-Stuyvesant lawyer-turned-Reiki healer became interested in “elimination communication” — or EC, as it’s called— responding to her son’s cues for when to go to the bathroom instead of having to rely on a diaper.

The hope is for the parent to “catch” pees and poops — whether atop open-cloth diapers, toilets, sinks or behind the multitude of parked cars on city streets.

But as Partow learned, often there are “misses.”

“I kept seeing him leave a trail of pee,” Partow, 41, said of her son. “The dog looked at me and said, ‘This isn’t fair. Why can he do that?’”

Partow shared her experience with a group of nearly a dozen moms sitting with their babies last month at an EC meet-up at Greenpoint’s Caribou Baby.

Disgusted yet? Here's another:

This week is Go Diaper Free! Week where I live in New York City, a holiday of grossness spearheaded by the assholes that follow this nonsense. So I got to see a hipster dad, handlebar mustache and all, get the “signal” from his baby at a restaurant, try to rush the defecating little bastard to the toilet, and not make it in time. This kid dropped a huge deuce right in the middle of the dining room.

Link to the 2013 Go Diaper Free Week.

Perhaps you were unaware that in China and India public defecation is considered a "problem" that the state attempts to deal with. Yeah, in third world countries public defecation is a cultural tradition and the state, having figured out that real developed countries frown upon it, are trying to curb the problem.

But here, in arguably the world's most developed nation, hipsters actually have a frickin' FACEBOOK page dedicated to their filthy little kids doing it...

New York City has some advantages for EC practitioners, Longwell-Stevens explained.

Besides parked cars giving them cover, babywearing helps since not only are children less likely to go to the bathroom while being held in a carrier, but their parents are more likely to “tune in” to them when they are close, she said.

So, to hipsters, NYC is "cool" because there's lots of parked cars for you to defecate behind. Again, tasers were made for hipsters and hippies. Nothing warms my heart quite so much as a hipster getting tased:

Hipsters and hippies are disgusting, filthy and stupid beyond any reasonable measure. There should be a hunting season without a bag limit.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:44:43 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Why Do I Hate Hippies & Hipsters? Let Me Count The Ways
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 11:21:22 PM »
Another important detail to this story is that she has a 1 year old child and is herself 41 years old. And the kid's name is Parker. I already have her type pegged. These are women who are normally closing in on the end of their fertile years and join what I have termed the Cult of Motherhood, or "professional mommies". I have several such women in my office. If your company ever had to convert one of their private offices into a "lactation room", it was at the behest of one of these women. When I refer to the Cult of Motherhood and the Professional Mommies, I am not talking about women who take joy in being mothers, because that is entirely normal. I am referring to hipster yuppie women who make a fad out of it. They eliminate everything organic and natural about motherhood and childhood, and give us such insipid constructs as "play dates", totally destroying the spontaneity of a child's life and turning it into a rigidly managed affair with check boxes that must be checked.

I didn't even read the link about this woman, but I just know there were fertility treatments involved.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 11:54:00 PM »
No mention of the scourge of Pampers in the landfill? Clearly this hipster mommy is missing out on a major self-righteous justification for her idiocy.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 12:13:17 AM »
Wow...that first link, they removed the article. Here is what I copied:

Let me tell you about a f**ked up hipster bullsh*t parenting strategy called elimination communication. It’s disgusting stench of modern age wisdom that I had the pleasure of witnessing over the weekend. Instead of putting diapers on your baby, you wait for them to somehow let you know that they have to sh*t at which point you run to the toilet and hold them over the bowl so the little fledgling craps in the commode. This week is Go Diaper Free! Week where I live in New York City, a holiday of grossness spearheaded by the assholes that follow this nonsense. So I got to see a hipster dad, handlebar mustache and all, get the “signal” from his baby at a restaurant, try to rush the defecating little bastard to the toilet, and not make it in time. This kid dropped a huge deuce right in the middle of the dining room. The poor bussers had to help this dickhead dad clean it up. He then sat back down and I heard him proudly explain this EC crap to his party. When I went home I looked it up and I saw this article on DNAinfo.com explaining this diaper free bullsh*t. Like I needed another reason to want to punch a hipster.

EDIT: Okay, figured it out. They didn't remove the article. The forum did because it automatically puts an asterisk in the word, "sh*t." So if you click on the link and replace the asterisk with an "i" in the address bar of your browser it will take you to the page. But I quoted the whole thing above.

No mention of the scourge of Pampers in the landfill? Clearly this hipster mommy is missing out on a major self-righteous justification for her idiocy.

In the comments at that link you can find this:

ohmysbby 04/22/2013 18:25
Cloth diapers don’t end up in the landfill. You don’t have to buy diapers every week so you save money. Disposable diapers are full of chemicals that touch baby’s skin, cloth diapers are not. You get really nasty blow outs with disposables that literally leave baby sh*t all over your baby, cloth diapers have elastic around the waist and legs that hold everything in.

Which brings me to another irritation with hipsters and self-righteous leftists: recycling and related BS.

Cloth diapers have as much or more of an impact on the environment as disposable diapers do. First of all, used diapers, while incredibly horrible for obvious reasons, are not plutonium with a half life of thousands to millions of years (depending on the isotope). There is nothing wrong with throwing them in a landfill. That's what landfills are for. Cloth diapers are recyclable...yeah, big deal. The resources spent cleaning up a cloth diaper are staggering. Electricity, gas, water, detergent, impact on water treatment plants, etc. It's hugely expensive to clean cloth diapers. And who wants to? Yeah, no one.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:58:57 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

RickZ

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 03:59:09 AM »
I'm not a parent, but I was an uncle and have changed my share of liquid brown diapers.  This is just gross.

I have not seen this yet in person, and hope I never do.  If I was in a restaurant where a toddler shat on the floor while I was eating, I would tell the management that the parent of said child is paying my bill and walk out.

And I feel bad for the dog and can see where it is coming from about a double standard.  (As a kid, my little mutt was not allowed on the furniture.  Visiting family that had just bought a miniature long haired dachshund, their dog was hopping all over the furniture.  My dog saw this and hopped up on the couch, too.  She was gently pushed off the couch and didn't do it again.  But I knew why she did what she did, seeing another dog so something she was not allowed to do.  I'm only talking about hopping on a couch, not shytting on the floor.)

Here's one of those times where I believe abortion is appropriate -- for the parents.  If they had been hoovered out of the womb, we wouldn't have to put up with such outstanding bullshyt.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 09:08:30 AM »
Yea, I encountered a couple like this.

Lots of parents have a moment or two when they let their babies roam buck nekkid. Intelligent ones make this a very limited event for reasons that are astoundingly clear to us but apparently beyond the grasp of the typical EC practitioner.

When this one couple proudly proclaimed their "enlightenment" I guess my reaction insulted them (all I did was make a momentary "ewww" face - honest!). Their reaction to my reaction was to get defensive and snippy. My reaction to their reaction was to start examining their furnishings as though they had been dragged through a slaughterhouse. I mean, after all, what's a little stray fecal matter among friends, right?

Needless to say, my visit was suddenly cut short and I never again sought the comfort of their company.

::barf::

Edited for clarity....and because I can ;-)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 09:13:20 AM by Alphabet Soup »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 10:27:30 AM »
 ::laughonfloor::

I didn't even have to guess who started this thread when I read the title!   ;D

At our office we call these rooms "Mother Rooms", there are no "Father Rooms"...I guess dads get the communal mens room for solace...sounds like discrimination to me, but, whatever...

Have not witnessed this, and if I did I think a whirlwind of politically incorrect condemnations would issue forth spontaneously that would no doubt land me in hot water.  Oh well, can't be helped.  Still, I hope I never come across these freaks.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 12:30:57 AM »
I watched a hippie glorifying movie the other day. It wasn't on purpose. mrs. trapeze had it on (she occasionally exhibits a cruel streak towards me) and, like driving by a particularly nasty multi car accident, I could not look away because it was so awful.

It was called, "Peace, Love & Misunderstanding" and it was pure hippie propaganda meant to persuade low intelligence voters that the hippie lifestyle is both reasonable and legitimate. The RT rating for this dreck is 29%/41% which is pretty telling about just how bad a movie it is...if lib film critics aren't willing to shill for left wing OWS crap like this then it must be pretty awful.

And it is. Let me count the ways:

1. Stars Jane Fonda in what must have been a personal fantasy role of playing a hippie matriarch.
2. Features Fonda's character breaking drug laws continually with no consequences.
3. Features Fonda's character personally introducing her two minor grandchildren to drug use.
4. Stars actress Catherine Keener as H'wood caricature of a "conservative" lawyer/mom and new divorcee.
5. Features Keener's character inexplicable overnight abandoning of all of her conservative morals to embrace the hippie culture she had "always" hated about her mother.
6. Features Fonda's character prompting forcing her grandchildren to have sex while scolding her own daughter as being a "cock block" for putting up token resistance to her children's underage introduction to free love.
7. And, best of all...features absolutely zero negative consequences to any of immoral aspects of the hippie culture.

Just when I thought that this movie couldn't possibly get any lower it surprised me with yet more moral depravity dressed up as happy, happy hippie lifestyle.

It might have been a good movie if it had thought to parody the obnoxious and pretentious behavior that is the hallmark of hippies everywhere. But, no...it decided to be a promotional video. Anyway, it's awful even if you think that crap is a good idea. The characters are all caricatures and one dimensional. The script is full of cliches...which, given the subject material (hippie culture) is to be expected, I suppose. But the script and the story are hackneyed, boring and predictable. It was filmed in the Woodstock area of New York and it looks as if most, if not all, of the supporting cast and extras are real hippies. That's supposed to be a feature but it turned out to be a bug because none of those people/characters made me want to be anywhere near the same zip code. Heck, five minutes into the movie I wanted to punch Jane Fonda in the mouth and halfway through the film I wanted to fly low over the community and drop napalm on it to prevent anyone from getting out alive.

(also gotta love the chickens running around the house and sh*tting everywhere and the protest scene at the end of the clip is putrid)

Now...on the other hand, I did see a movie where the hippie culture is mocked quite effectively. It was called, "Away We Go" and it was mostly enjoyable thanks to a decent script, interesting characters and credible acting. The two lead characters are unmarried (he wants to marry her but she doesn't want to for some reason that's unclear) and go on a road trip to determine where they should live to raise their unborn child. They encounter various "families" and "parents" along the way and one of these couples are stupid ass hipsters. How stupid? They don't believe in putting a child in a stroller because they think that it is a form of "pushing the child away from themselves." Yeah, classic hippy thinking. This part of the movie makes the entire thing worth seeing (although the rest of the movie is pretty good, actually) because of the climactic takedown of the hipsters by the male lead.

Intro to hippie college teacher:
The stroller takedown scene:

So...one movie promotes and revels in the hippie lifestyle and sucks while another movie openly mocks those idiots and is pretty damned funny and entertaining. Case closed as far as I'm concerned.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 12:50:38 AM by trapeze »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 07:07:56 AM »
I can't watch crap like that...there is no happy ending...and by happy ending yes I mean seeing them slaughtered like the mindless drones they are.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 07:31:50 AM »
How can you keep up a steady diet of this crap?

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 10:37:10 AM »
How can you keep up a steady diet of this crap?

mrs. trapeze refuses to go along with a steady diet of non-liberal entertainment and I choose to remain married.

But it does serve as a constant reminder to me about why we, as a country, are spiraling toward the drain. We are no different than other empires of history and we will suffer the same fate for our cultural  decadence and moral decay.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 10:40:10 AM »
I hate when I know these things...

Mayim Bialik from the 1990's tv show Blossom has a book out and she includes a chapter on how she used EC for her kids.  It generated a lot of attention on this topic.

I don't understand why parents make a big deal out of diapering and toilet training (or toilet-learning  for the almost enlightened who haven't progressed to EC. lol)

When I refer to the Cult of Motherhood and the Professional Mommies, I am not talking about women who take joy in being mothers, because that is entirely normal. I am referring to hipster yuppie women who make a fad out of it. They eliminate everything organic and natural about motherhood and childhood, and give us such insipid constructs as "play dates", totally destroying the spontaneity of a child's life and turning it into a rigidly managed affair with check boxes that must be checked.

I'd add any mom who has a blog related to her being a mom.  Mom blogs--ugh! Seriously, these women think they invented motherhood. They are doing what their grandmothers and great grandmothers did but they think it's new. And they love to post pictures not only of their "cute" kids but of their cute kids' cute clothes, the leaf their child found, the cookies they made together, the artwork their 2 yo made, etc.  With all their posting I don't know how they have time to be moms.

I live among many dedicated hipster parents but I have never seen EC in action and I hope I never do.  We once went to a July 4th party at a friends' where a set of parents let their rashed-bottom son run around sans diaper the whole party. My husband and I were the only ones who appeared to be grossed out. Everyone else thought it was a good idea to let him "air out" which is find if he's AT HOME. I never went to another party at this friends' house since I didn't know what we might be treated to.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 10:42:02 AM »
I can't watch crap like that...there is no happy ending...and by happy ending yes I mean seeing them slaughtered like the mindless drones they are.

When the collapse happens I think that the vast majority of hippies will die at each others' hands.

Those that survive can then be easily picked off as they try to leave CA and NY in search of food and easy living.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2013, 11:28:29 AM »

When the collapse happens I think that the vast majority of hippies will die at each others' hands.

Those that survive can then be easily picked off as they try to leave CA and NY in search of food and easy living.

"Hey, like...man?  Uhh...umm...dude, what's with like...ahh, all the hostility, man?"

::hysterical::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2013, 11:48:02 AM »
I'm just thankful my wife's tastes don't generally turn to Hollywood.  Life is good, that way.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 02:07:58 PM »

Mayim Bialik from the 1990's tv show Blossom has a book out and she includes a chapter on how she used EC for her kids.  It generated a lot of attention on this topic.

I don't understand why parents make a big deal out of diapering and toilet training (or toilet-learning  for the almost enlightened who haven't progressed to EC. lol)

When I refer to the Cult of Motherhood and the Professional Mommies, I am not talking about women who take joy in being mothers, because that is entirely normal. I am referring to hipster yuppie women who make a fad out of it. They eliminate everything organic and natural about motherhood and childhood, and give us such insipid constructs as "play dates", totally destroying the spontaneity of a child's life and turning it into a rigidly managed affair with check boxes that must be checked.

I'd add any mom who has a blog related to her being a mom.  Mom blogs--ugh! Seriously, these women think they invented motherhood. They are doing what their grandmothers and great grandmothers did but they think it's new. And they love to post pictures not only of their "cute" kids but of their cute kids' cute clothes, the leaf their child found, the cookies they made together, the artwork their 2 yo made, etc.  With all their posting I don't know how they have time to be moms.

I live among many dedicated hipster parents but I have never seen EC in action and I hope I never do.  We once went to a July 4th party at a friends' where a set of parents let their rashed-bottom son run around sans diaper the whole party. My husband and I were the only ones who appeared to be grossed out. Everyone else thought it was a good idea to let him "air out" which is find if he's AT HOME. I never went to another party at this friends' house since I didn't know what we might be treated to.

It's as though they expect worship at the feet of their mommyhood, and exemptions as well.  Sister and in-laws often responded to reasonable situations with "I can't be expected to ___________, I have kids".   ::saywhat::   O rly.  "So did your mother and she managed".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 03:09:14 PM »
Who sits around and thinks this sh*t up?
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2013, 04:29:14 PM »

It's as though they expect worship at the feet of their mommyhood, and exemptions as well.  Sister and in-laws often responded to reasonable situations with "I can't be expected to ___________, I have kids".   ::saywhat::   O rly.  "So did your mother and she managed".

REAL moms are super heroes. They should wear capes and tights. OK, maybe lose the tights, but keep the cape.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 04:36:08 PM »

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson