Author Topic: Patriotism  (Read 906 times)

charlesoakwood

Patriotism
« on: April 02, 2011, 10:26:50 PM »
(temporary) Prime minister Shimon Peres (Israel's Jimma) called for election and Benjamin Netanyahu was elected Prime Minister (1996). Netanyahu, as Prime Minister was challenged and defeated by Ehud Barak.  Next Ariel Sharon was elected Prime Minister.   Benjamin Netanyahu stridently opposed Ariel Sharon before his election.  After Sharon was elected he asked Netanyahu to serve as Finance Minister, he did. As Finance Minister he subordinated himself to Sharon giving support to his superior and fulfilling his charge by turning the economy around.

Today, Ehud Barak is Defense Minister under Benjamin Netanjahu in the loyal service of Israel and  Shimon Peres is coming to Washington to lay the ground work (smooth the way) for a meeting between Benjamin Netanjahu and Barack Obama.

Could George Bush or even Bill Clinton trust Jimma to travel abroad and prep a meeting? Would a former President ever serve, loyally, under an opposition President as Defense Minister or Finance Minister?

Has America lost it's character?

http://www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPolitics/Article.aspx?id=214877
The consensus among political pundits in Israel is that Peres is paving the way for Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu whose previous meetings with Obama have not been exactly fruitful. It is thought that Israel’s elder statesman might be more effective in explaining Israel’s position to Obama than Netanyahu, his eloquence notwithstanding, has been to date.
Peres is also scheduled to meet with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Vice President Joe Biden and leading members of Congress before departing for New York on Wednesday.
Our politicians should pay attention, forget their petty territory and man-up.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Patriotism
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 10:35:41 PM »
Oh pishtosh!  Duh Wun is quite clear on Israel's position.  Another explanation, no matter its eloquence, will accomplish nothing unless it comes equipped with a personal offering not even The Narcissist in Chief will refuse.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 05:47:19 AM »
Lots of luck with that.

I do not understand American Jews continued support for this administration which sees the problem in the ME is Israel. I don't understand exactly what it is that the O-Ad despises over there. Is it Israeli democracy? Is it their sense of independence and freedom? Is it their economic system? Is it their non-Muslim culture?

On the one hand, you have the Islamist Party, Hamas, with its charter clearly demanding the total destruction of Israel. Then you have Fatah, a secular party with similar goals. Sprinkle in the remaining communist and Marxist parties, PFLP and DFLP, and you get a simmering stew of Islamic hatred.

The undeniable facts of the last thirty years show that the Palestinians are not and have never been invested in the Peace Process. The process is nice for some leaders as they are rewarded with fancy sounding, but irrelevant awards. However, the result is always the same. Not almost always, always the same: Less land for Israel and more deaths for Jews.

For some reason I cannot fathom, the public opinion of the world has forgotten the evil perpetrated on the Jews in WWII, and does not seem to care about a growing acceptance of anti-Semitism. Obama can't make a single statement in support of Israel without some inane morally equivalent statement about the Palestinians.

I am saddened and angered about all of this . . .
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 09:18:57 AM »
"I do not understand American Jews continued support for this administration which sees the problem in the ME is Israel. I don't understand exactly what it is that the O-Ad despises over there. Is it Israeli democracy? Is it their sense of independence and freedom? Is it their economic system? Is it their non-Muslim culture?"

"Most" of them American Jews are liberal and they consider themselves, not American Jews, not Americans, just liberals and y'all know what that neans to the rest of us. Put another way, these idiot leftards would set up the conditios for new death camps and be surprised when they were rounde up to be put through it. Any more questions? ::bashing::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 09:22:50 AM »
...For some reason I cannot fathom, the public opinion of the world has forgotten the evil perpetrated on the Jews in WWII, and does not seem to care about a growing acceptance of anti-Semitism...

Western civilization has accepted its role as the beaten wife of the abusive Islamic husband. Rather than fight the evil of Islam, the Leftist element has accepted the notion that if the Jews were eliminated, Islam will be sated.

But Satan is never sated.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 08:06:59 AM »
...For some reason I cannot fathom, the public opinion of the world has forgotten the evil perpetrated on the Jews in WWII, and does not seem to care about a growing acceptance of anti-Semitism...

Western civilization has accepted its role as the beaten wife of the abusive Islamic husband. Rather than fight the evil of Islam, the Leftist element has accepted the notion that if the Jews were eliminated, Islam will be sated.

But Satan is never sated.

I like "Evil never sleeps!" but that works too.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.