Author Topic: A Love Letter From The Tolerant Left  (Read 1686 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
A Love Letter From The Tolerant Left
« on: May 31, 2013, 10:24:31 PM »
Normally, I am a peaceable man, but in this case, I am willing to answer the call to defend the country. From them.

To turn the song lyric they so love to quote back on them, "We'll put a boot in your ---, it's the American way."

Except it won't be a boot. It'll be an M1A Abrams tank, supported by an F22 Raptor squadron with Hellfire missiles. Try treason on for size. See how that suits. And their assault arsenal and RPGs won't do them any good.

This is penned by a journalism professor. In the opinion section of a newspaper. In America.

Never forget that they hate us. Personally. And they would kill us all in a heartbeat if they thought they could do it with no consequences.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: A Love Letter From The Tolerant Left
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 10:34:40 PM »
Pfffft.

I've been squaring off against leftists for more years than I care to admit. I have yet to encounter one that has the brass to back their action - that is unless they have a posse with them (and usually even then when you press the point). Yes, there are quite a few of them who wouldn't flinch at blindsiding you or shooting you in the back but the day I flinch from one of them is the day I surrender from this plane.

Bring it.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 10:36:45 PM »
It would be an interesting fight and one I certainly would not walk away from. But I'm not looking for a fight.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 10:41:38 PM »
It also demonstrates one of the key differences between their bravado and ours. Their bravado is always based on presumptions of what some other person is going to do on their behalf. Yeah, because those M1 Abrams tanks and F-22 fighters (which do not carry the Hellfire missile, incidentally) are going to be unleashed on Americans by the journalism faculty at Columbia. Right? Just like their gun confiscation fantasies depend on the idea that it will be somebody else's job to do the confiscating.

Our bravado is based on acts we see ourselves reluctantly but inevitably having to perform, as our civilization deteriorates at their hands. But guess what, professor? The inevitability keeps increasing but the reluctance keeps decreasing.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 10:44:24 PM »
The inevitability keeps increasing but the reluctance keeps decreasing.

Ain't it the truth.

Jes keep pokin da bear, boys...  ::pokeineye::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 06:20:35 AM »
There is and can be no compromise. Any single aspect of what this puke wants to turn America into is worth killing to prevent.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 09:24:59 AM »
Especially when you consider the fact that they are eager to kill in order to see America turned into that. Leftism always, always, always leads to mass murder. They're always declaring some "enemy of the people" and gleefully murdering them.

They are of their father the devil.

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 09:38:25 AM »
Lots of people buying guns. Lots of people buying ammo.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 10:15:50 AM »
The stooge professor conveniently forgets that THEY, the left always oppose their brainwashed minions from entering military service which leads to a minimum of brain dead progressives in any position other than to give orders to which the majority of the grunts in the service to aim their guns at the real enemy which it the progressive left. So how many of those professors will be able to operate the systems on those M1A2 tanks and F-22 Raptor(yes, this is not a ground attack fighter-bomber but i don't expect a leftist nut to understand the difference) air superiority fighters?

I suppose this is what's behind the tolerance of queers in the military openly movement but even then, there will be only a small minority that will be trained in traditional military tactics.

Nazi Germany had the absolute best hardware but on the battlefield in it's day but was over run by superiority of numbers by their enemies which had way more desire to stump them out and last, something the left always forgets, God is always on the side that defends His law and justice which is why our Founding Fathers were lucky enough to win the Revolutionary War...Divine Providence.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 10:48:26 AM »
The stooge professor conveniently forgets that THEY, the left always oppose their brainwashed minions from entering military service which leads to a minimum of brain dead progressives in any position other than to give orders to which the majority of the grunts in the service to aim their guns at the real enemy which it the progressive left. So how many of those professors will be able to operate the systems on those M1A2 tanks and F-22 Raptor(yes, this is not a ground attack fighter-bomber but i don't expect a leftist nut to understand the difference) air superiority fighters?

I suppose this is what's behind the tolerance of queers in the military openly movement but even then, there will be only a small minority that will be trained in traditional military tactics.

Nazi Germany had the absolute best hardware but on the battlefield in it's day but was over run by superiority of numbers by their enemies which had way more desire to stump them out and last, something the left always forgets, God is always on the side that defends His law and justice which is why our Founding Fathers were lucky enough to win the Revolutionary War...Divine Providence.

On that point there's a few lessons to learn from the Russians, embodied in sayings that were their slogans during WWII. "Quantity has a quality all its own" and "the perfect is the enemy of the good enough". The Germans could never grasp those concepts. You can look at a wartime production Maybach diesel engine from a German tank and it still has all these beautifully done and intricate machining cuts just like peacetime production. Think of the material and man-hour savings they could have found by simplifying the manufacturing. The Russians on the other hand literally drove their tanks straight out of an ad hoc factory to the front lines, by the tens of thousands. The American Sherman tank was similarly optimized for mass production.

Neither the Soviet T-34 nor the American Sherman was a match for the German tanks one on one, but the reality was more like 10+ to 1 and even the best German tank could not survive those odds.

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 12:54:22 PM »

On that point there's a few lessons to learn from the Russians, embodied in sayings that were their slogans during WWII. "Quantity has a quality all its own" and "the perfect is the enemy of the good enough". The Germans could never grasp those concepts. You can look at a wartime production Maybach diesel engine from a German tank and it still has all these beautifully done and intricate machining cuts just like peacetime production. Think of the material and man-hour savings they could have found by simplifying the manufacturing. The Russians on the other hand literally drove their tanks straight out of an ad hoc factory to the front lines, by the tens of thousands. The American Sherman tank was similarly optimized for mass production.

Neither the Soviet T-34 nor the American Sherman was a match for the German tanks one on one, but the reality was more like 10+ to 1 and even the best German tank could not survive those odds.
Exactly and the only mass produced German weapon that was fully simplified was probably the MG-42 made from stamped sheet metal which was terminally flawed in that the barrels had to be changed at a high rate because the thing put to much down range in a very short time period. This all led to a kink in the armor.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 10:16:57 PM »
It's worth going back and taking a look at the original story again. The "professor" has been responding, a lot, to the comments that followed his little temper tantrum.

It's both funny and instructive.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 10:37:49 PM »
It's worth going back and taking a look at the original story again. The "professor" has been responding, a lot, to the comments that followed his little temper tantrum.

It's both funny and instructive.

When you first posted I went to the link intending to goad and taunt but I could find no sub-link to comments. Now when I go back I see "Comments - 0" ........Wazzup?!!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 11:40:14 PM »
I like the very first comment:

"I wonder if the author recognizes the irony in calling for military action against law abiding citizens whose primary fault is concern over government abuse of power...."
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 04:45:44 AM »
I like the very first comment:

"I wonder if the author recognizes the irony in calling for military action against law abiding citizens whose primary fault is concern over government abuse of power...."
He may be a professor but he sure isn't to bright. I think the real irony is that he calls for military action, protection really, from people he just assume demean and chastise for choosing military service in the first place over what he perceives as his superior intellect.

Obviously he believes the military make up consists of mindless drones such as those that voted for Obama.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 06:56:25 AM »
A Professor of...   ::hysterical::

Yeah, offing that crap would be a pleasure once the real shootin' starts!  Treason?  Rolling tanks, jets and missiles on CIVILIANS is A-OK, but those of us unwilling to surrender our God-given Founders-enshrined rights are the traitors?  As usual this f**kwad has it completely backasswards!  Typical leftist swine...wants others to do the dirty work he is too much of a coward to try himself.  He and is ilk will find no quarter!

See you at the Revolution, Crissy!   ::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 07:37:39 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/christopher.swindell.5

I'm shocked our little professor, responsible for today's state of journalism, is batcrap crazy in other areas, also.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 09:15:10 AM »
Oh-oh, he's (in)famous now. Here's a writeup at Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/03/meet-the-journalism-professor-who-says-nra-members-are-treasonous-should-be-executed/

One look at his face tells me that this klown is a farce to be reckoned with!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 09:22:16 AM »
Nice toys he has there in his basement office...

::laughonfloor::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 02:24:42 PM »
What a dope to have all of that personal info available at his Facebook page. Birthdate, wife's name, etc. The guy is asking to be targeted.