Author Topic: PRISM and Fed spying  (Read 20410 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: PRISM and Fed spying
« Reply #140 on: June 30, 2013, 03:20:28 PM »
Yes, and those artificially low interest rates mean saving is punished and borrowing (debt) is rewarded. Punish the ant, reward the grasshopper. When it becomes the deliberate policy of an entire economy, combined with bribing one set of voters with the earnings of another set of voters, you have what we have now.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #141 on: June 30, 2013, 08:45:11 PM »
And as the tyrants boot puts more pressure on the nations throat it will be no surprise when the crap hits the fan that these perpetrators will all be high on the list of the angry mob...words will not save them, lies will not save them, party affiliation will not save them...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #142 on: July 01, 2013, 07:33:32 AM »
OK, now, this is hilarious...

French President Francois Hollande said it must "immediately stop", while a spokesman for Germany's Angela Merkel said "bugging friends is unacceptable".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23125451

The French...  ::)

Whataya gonna do, throw cheese and run away?

::hysterical::

If y'all really mean it, well, denounce Obama to his face!  The only way to deal with a punk-ass dictator is to get in their grill, stop being a bunch of cheese-eating surrender monkeys and man up!

Yeah, that'll happen...   ::)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #143 on: July 01, 2013, 12:59:59 PM »
OK, now, this is hilarious...

French President Francois Hollande said it must "immediately stop", while a spokesman for Germany's Angela Merkel said "bugging friends is unacceptable".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23125451

The French...  ::)

Whataya gonna do, throw cheese and run away?

::hysterical::

If y'all really mean it, well, denounce Obama to his face!  The only way to deal with a punk-ass dictator is to get in their grill, stop being a bunch of cheese-eating surrender monkeys and man up!

Yeah, that'll happen...   ::)

I can't believe our "friends" only think this an allegation. Obama is bugging all of America, did our "friends" think they were exempt?
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #144 on: July 01, 2013, 01:14:02 PM »

Maybe they will take him to court as they did Microsoft.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #145 on: July 01, 2013, 07:25:53 PM »
This Euro outrage is just a big charade. They're doing this sort of crap too, to their own people and foreign governments as well.  I think the whole thing is merely to give the respective parties political cover, i.e. give Obama phony right-cover because the neo-cons (a word I always vowed never to use because of its overuse) can point at it and say if the Euros are whining about it then it must be ok. The Europeans then get phony cover of their own since it appeals to their reflexively anti-American leftists.

I don't buy for a minute that Europe's political establishment only became aware of this from mainstream news reports.

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #146 on: July 01, 2013, 07:54:58 PM »
This Euro outrage is just a big charade. They're doing this sort of crap too, to their own people and foreign governments as well.  I think the whole thing is merely to give the respective parties political cover, i.e. give Obama phony right-cover because the neo-cons (a word I always vowed never to use because of its overuse) can point at it and say if the Euros are whining about it then it must be ok. The Europeans then get phony cover of their own since it appeals to their reflexively anti-American leftists.

I don't buy for a minute that Europe's political establishment only became aware of this from mainstream news reports.

Yes, the lies and cya's are flying thick and fast and here we stand -- to them -- as sheep ready to be shorn.  Well, they can kiss my sweet Italian ass because I will not assimilate, I will not submit, and I reject them and everything about them.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #147 on: July 02, 2013, 07:09:10 AM »
Ahh, yes, we are blessed with wise members here in Libertyville!   ::grouphug::

The Euro statements are completely lacking in credibility...there is no carrythrough with their statements...because if they did then they'd have to explain to their own people their own dirty laundry...

Which brings us to the second tell...why the Obama Regime has not outed the Euro's...certainly the Biggest Big Brother knows...all part of the kabuki...

Snowden update:

1) I have to say, when I read his slamming of Obama, I had to chuckle, that asshat probably isn't used to people blasting him...and being blasted with the truth has to double-sting!

http://www.zerohedge.com/node/475920

2) Trying to get to one of these 21 nations -

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-07-01/21-nations-edward-snowden-applying-asylum

Most of those will simply chicken out and deny him...a more independent nation like Iceland or Switzerland makes sense...but even Swiss loyalty can be bought now days...the world ain't what it used to be...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #148 on: July 02, 2013, 11:25:49 AM »
The level of cooperation between American and European espionage agencies goes back a long way. This phony outrage, as if they're just some aggrieved and innocent bystanders, is comical.

These agencies and their counterparts have routinely been spying on each other's citizens, then sharing the data with that country's home agency. It's their little technocrat way of bypassing strong restrictions against domestic espionage. So hey, it's not domestic espionage if it's technically the British intelligence agencies doing the snooping, and gee whiz it sure was awful nice of them to share everything they collected with their American counterparts. So nice in fact that American agencies might just return the favor and spy on British citizens for the British government.

Thing is, none of this is really as revelatory as people might think. It's the sort of stuff hidden in plain sight for years, just buried in the mountains of dry technocratic white papers.  The US and Britain jointly operate a data hoovering system in Cornwall, England -- the European entry point of transatlantic cables. They siphon off every bit of data coming over those cables.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #149 on: July 02, 2013, 11:40:29 AM »
They've been doing that since the first transatlantic cable was dropped IIRC, so yeah, and the more the get away with the more they want to get away with...and here we are.

And part of the orchestrated statements from politards is designed to diffuse public outcry...they still know the mojority of the masses have to be fooled into thinking their outrage is real, that they are doing something about it...so all is well...go back to your escargot or your Dancing With The Stars or whatever...they are on the job!

::puke::   ::gaah::

::viking::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #150 on: July 03, 2013, 06:50:51 AM »
ZH has a nice NYT reprint from a 1999 NYT article on Nixon...the comments liking Nixon & Obama (among others) is humorous but not without merit.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-07-02/richard-nixon-anything-nsa-did-totally-defensible

"Barack Millhouse Orwell"  <- - -

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #151 on: July 03, 2013, 08:21:26 AM »
ZH has a nice NYT reprint from a 1999 NYT article on Nixon...the comments liking Nixon & Obama (among others) is humorous but not without merit.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-07-02/richard-nixon-anything-nsa-did-totally-defensible

"Barack Millhouse Orwell"  <- - -

Some of the comments are good. Lol

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #152 on: July 07, 2013, 08:06:15 PM »
Tell me Snowden would not be treated worse than these State Dept whistleblowers...tell me the government didn't hire some punks to go get these computers...

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/07/07/cameras_catch_mystery_break_in_at_whistleblowers_law_firm

Welcome to latter day America...land of the unfree, home of the enslaved...

ETA - Courtesy of Germany via ZeroHedge...I thought this pic says it all about NSA snooping on everybody -

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-07-07/what-germany-thinks-biggest-bugging-scandal-history

« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 06:32:40 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #153 on: July 10, 2013, 07:11:00 AM »
Can't help but think THIS is somehow part of the whole Big Brother story...and then THIS NEWS comes out...it is just a steady drip and bad and disturbing...any dumbass thinking the Obama Regime is not worse than the Eeeevil Bush Gubmint is seriously impaired.

The cartoon of our age...and I really don't find it funny...

Oh, and on the Stasi2.0 front - http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/07/dictator-obama-orders-fed-workers-to-spy-on-each-other/

::gaah::
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 07:19:30 AM by Libertas »

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #154 on: July 10, 2013, 01:11:08 PM »
Can't help but think THIS is somehow part of the whole Big Brother story...and then THIS NEWS comes out...it is just a steady drip and bad and disturbing...any dumbass thinking the Obama Regime is not worse than the Eeeevil Bush Gubmint is seriously impaired.

The cartoon of our age...and I really don't find it funny...

Oh, and on the Stasi2.0 front - http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/07/dictator-obama-orders-fed-workers-to-spy-on-each-other/

Well, more redundant programs by the Obama administration. We already have the NSA and the IRS spying on EVERYONE, no need to demand an employee to turn in anyone.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #156 on: July 11, 2013, 03:30:03 PM »
I remember as a kid, rumors about Soviet Russia and children telling the authorities about suspicious activities of their parents or neighbors tattling on neighbors.  I guess we are Soviet Amerika now.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2013, 10:29:36 AM »
All purposeful...that is - treasonous.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #158 on: July 17, 2013, 12:04:29 PM »
SkyNet is growing fast...

Plenty of software...

Growing hardware - http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,8575.0.html

Last vestiges of Republican protections going out the window - http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,8582.msg102723.html#msg102723

More sub-systems to leverage - http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,8583.new.html

Dark side rising, plan accordingly.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #159 on: July 18, 2013, 01:28:39 PM »
Oops!  More than just "metadata"!

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2013/07/nsa-admits-it-analyzes-more-peoples-data-previously-revealed/67287/

Now, be a good little free-person and let the grown ups handle the adult stuff...that's a nice little slave, er citizen.

machinegun