Author Topic: Kingdom of Lies  (Read 1258 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Kingdom of Lies
« on: April 04, 2011, 01:32:02 AM »
Victor Davis Hanson's latest.

I am a subject in a kingdom of lies. At 57, I have grown up with decades of untruth — advanced for the purposes of purported social unity, the noble aim of egalitarianism, and the advancement of a cognitive elite in government, journalism, the arts, and the universities.

Read it and weep. 
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Kingdom of Lies
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 07:55:54 AM »
The whole thing is quotable.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 08:16:08 AM »
"In this kingdom of lies, this Oceania of the mind, I, a subject of the monarchy of untruth, navigate carefully, assuming what I read and see is simply not true — and cannot be said to be untrue."

I'm keeping that one bookmarked for a while!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 09:01:57 AM »
The thing that has really been hitting home for me lately is just how long this insidious pattern of institutional lies has been festering, advancing, eroding away at the flesh of our nation.

We are agitated now because the Internet, alternative media, and social media (like this website) have made us increasingly aware, connected, active, and prolific. Because we are aware, we resist, and because we resist, the Left escalates. The Left still lies and obfuscates, but is less averse to operating out into the open when the cover of lies is not possible because of our awareness.

Conservatives have always known the Left was wrong, and deceitful. But now we are bombarded with it, and we can look back and see in hindsight how deeply entrenched the lies and deceit and evil have been for so very long.

It can be disheartening, and that is the overall sense I get from VDH's piece. But knowledge is power, and we know. There are still people willing to fight the good fight. I will join them to the last breath. I don't want it said that the father of lies overtook the United States of America and her people were unwilling to do what was necessary to stop him.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 09:22:03 AM »
 ::oldman::

In this kingdom of lies, this Oceania of the mind, I, a subject of the monarchy of untruth, navigate carefully, assuming what I read and see is simply not true — and cannot be said to be untrue. Last week at the Post Office, a rather well-dressed young man in line was explaining to me that he was wondering why his unemployment check had not come to his PO Box. And then he further offered that he is now negotiating, or rather hoping, for his unemployment to be extended beyond his second year. I smiled and said, “That’s wonderful, because I know you are not working off the books for cash, and I know you are looking for a job all day long, and I know that if your benefits ever end, you will not suddenly find work.”

The odd thing was that he laughed and thought those were lies too.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 10:35:22 AM »
What bothers me the most about this . . .

Is that the "Journalists" in this once great industry, have sold out to the Liberal-Progressive point of view to the point that they are enablers or supporters of the Obama Regime. The best recent example is that they went crazy when they believed (wrongly) that some right wing extremist was responsible for the shooting of Rep. Gabby Giffords. The template immediately pushed on consumers of electronic information was that the political rhetoric was too intense and right wingers were inherently susceptible to taking violent action. After all, the Tea Party has been shown to be inherently non-white and anti-government, thus more prone to be racist and violent. All this was hurriedly cast aside when the shooter in the Gifford's case was found to be some lone, left-wing lunatic. Then, examples became flooding in of credible violent threats and actions taken against conservatives and Republicans. (See: Arrest of early childhood ed teacher in WI sending death threats to Republicans.)

I wish I could point to the time this all occurred, or point to the event, but at some time the main stream media lost any real desire to investigate political parties and candidates equally. When Fox News Corp. stepped in to even the playing field, the Left assaulted their style of reporting (Fair and Balanced) as lies and deceit, the very thing that they are guilty of.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 05:41:49 PM by BigAlSouth »
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 11:42:25 AM »
Yes BigAl, the MFM is fully in the domestic enemy camp, and the left knows it, hence the repeated attempts to discredit, demonize and destroy the few remaining conservative outlets (Rush, Beck and the online sources) and Fox News.  I hold Fox News separate and distinct as not being an official member of the conservative outlet, due to their maddening "fair & balanced" credo that they actually live by.  I would prefer they dispense that crap and quit inviting any Ruling Class bastard on their show, but...whatever.

Some people have to see and hear the lies, some may not acknowledge it until they feel it, personally!

I vacillate between apathy and anger over what it will take for people to get fed up with the lies and begin a campaign to end it.  I just don't know if I'll see that in my lifetime...not before it all hits the fan anyway...

Offline michelleo

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 08:54:15 PM »
To be honest, I've pretty much given up all hope of beating this thing. The kingdom of lies is just too vast.  Right now I'm just waiting for the inevitable societal collapse, and the herd will naturally be culled.  The resourceful will survive, the rest will not.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 09:16:18 PM »

Whether the Ryan/Bachmann camp or the Boehner/Cantor camp succeeds in the debt debate, the Tea Party response and what follows will give us the answer.  Don't let your prayers and letters fail now.

Offline michelleo

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 09:48:10 PM »
I will continue to call and write my congressman and senators with my opinions on legislative matters.  However, I can't continue to contribute to campaigns at the level I was. 

At the same time, it's hard to have much hope of things turning around when you've got the Fed spending 8 times revenues in the month of March.

$128.179 billion in net tax revenue for March
$1.0528 trillion in net federal expenses for March.

$49.8 billion in Social Security benefits
 $47.4 billion in Medicare benefits
$22.575 billion in Medicaid benefits.
The tax revenue was barely enough to cover Soc. Sec./Medicare/medicaid obligations alone.

I don't know what's worse, that fact or the fact that the Fed paid a large share of March's monthly deficit on treasury securities which came due.
Makes. Me. Sick. ::puke::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 10:33:22 PM »

Check out the threads on Paul Ryan & his video from Fox Sunday, it will help you feel better.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 07:28:52 AM »
Yes, Ryan is a leader and that will produce happiness in our ranks, but the attacks upon him will make you want to pick up something stronger than a pen.  Just sayin'.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 07:45:21 AM »
When you click on Rep Ryan's youtube videos, you can subscribe to his channel. Thatway, you will get all of his uploads almost realtime.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"