Author Topic: She's Pissed!!  (Read 9202 times)

Offline Janny

Re: She's Pissed!!
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2011, 01:36:14 PM »
Janny, maybe we were on the same site

I doubt it. This was a smaller forum.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2011, 01:59:14 PM »

Nearly 1/2 the comments at: http://www.redstate.com/coldwarrior/2011/04/05/how-is-burning-paper-with-ink-on-it-an-act-of-violence/  |> are negative. Un flying believable, they need help,, the author needs support.

It was pretty obvious that some of the negative comments on one particular site I was on were being made by people who hadn't even watched the videos. Keep that in mind.

RedState is supposed to be a Conservative site, are they being trolled or is its appeal to Country Clubbers?  Would it be inappropriate to go and intentionally support her by comment?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2011, 02:06:39 PM »

Nearly 1/2 the comments at: http://www.redstate.com/coldwarrior/2011/04/05/how-is-burning-paper-with-ink-on-it-an-act-of-violence/  |> are negative. Un flying believable, they need help,, the author needs support.

It was pretty obvious that some of the negative comments on one particular site I was on were being made by people who hadn't even watched the videos. Keep that in mind.

RedState is supposed to be a Conservative site, are they being trolled or is its appeal to Country Clubbers?  Would it be inappropriate to go and intentionally support her by comment?

I think not.  Go educate the idiot who avers that Ann "just makes herself look bad for not understanding the basics of the First Amendment."

What is about "CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW ..." that these idiots don't get.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Janny

« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2011, 02:26:26 PM »
Sigh....

I just got an email from one of my conservative sources, with Andrew McCarthy's commentary featured in it.

You can find it here at National Review Online  but this sums it up pretty well.

These people regard the Koran as the most important of their scriptures. When someone burns the Koran in an act of indiscriminate, wholesale condemnation, the message to them is that their belief system is incorrigible. Freedom of speech means that we have to allow that argument to be made, and I’m not entirely sure it’s wrong. But good Muslim people give us reason to hope that what ails Islam can be reformed. I don’t see the upside in alienating those people. I think you can condemn the condemnable aspects of the Koran without condemning everything. But that’s just my opinion, and Mr. Jones is as entitled to his as I am to mine. And for what it’s worth, I doubt my opinion would be much more popular than his in Mazar-e-Sharif

He doesn't get it. These people are already alienated from us. These people already want to kill us. He is swallowing the media narrative that the "good" Muslim people are non-violent and "just like us."

He also doesn't get the concept that the Koran teaches these murderers to behave that way, and it is indeed an EVIL book.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2011, 03:01:38 PM »
Sigh....

I just got an email from one of my conservative sources, with Andrew McCarthy's commentary featured in it.

You can find it here at National Review Online  but this sums it up pretty well.

These people regard the Koran as the most important of their scriptures. When someone burns the Koran in an act of indiscriminate, wholesale condemnation, the message to them is that their belief system is incorrigible. Freedom of speech means that we have to allow that argument to be made, and I’m not entirely sure it’s wrong. But good Muslim people give us reason to hope that what ails Islam can be reformed. I don’t see the upside in alienating those people. I think you can condemn the condemnable aspects of the Koran without condemning everything. But that’s just my opinion, and Mr. Jones is as entitled to his as I am to mine. And for what it’s worth, I doubt my opinion would be much more popular than his in Mazar-e-Sharif

He doesn't get it. These people are already alienated from us. These people already want to kill us. He is swallowing the media narrative that the "good" Muslim people are non-violent and "just like us."He also doesn't get the concept that the Koran teaches these murderers to behave that way, and it is indeed an EVIL book.

If that is true then we have nothing to worry about because they know where were coming from.Since I don't hear anything from the so called good Muslims I have nothing to go by.They haven't said word one supporting our view so I have to assume they don't support us.In that case who cares what they think.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2011, 04:01:34 PM »
These people regard the Koran as the most important of their scriptures. When someone burns the Koran in an act of indiscriminate, wholesale condemnation, the message to them is that their belief system is incorrigible.

OK, I'm with you so far. Yup. Exactly right. So what's the problem again?

Freedom of speech means that we have to allow that argument to be made, and I’m not entirely sure it’s wrong. But good Muslim people give us reason to hope that what ails Islam can be reformed. I don’t see the upside in alienating those people. I think you can condemn the condemnable aspects of the Koran without condemning everything. But that’s just my opinion, and Mr. Jones is as entitled to his as I am to mine. And for what it’s worth, I doubt my opinion would be much more popular than his in Mazar-e-Sharif

Ahhh, clinging to the notion that Islam can be reformed from within. How Utopian. You know what I find amazing? We watch the reality of Islam playing out right before our very eyes. And yet people are more willing to believe that Islam will reform from within than believe in what they must know to be the truth about this evil ideology.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2011, 04:39:33 PM »

It can be reformed from within.  Get right in the middle of 'em with Glock's chain gun and get 'er done. Pacification Pershing style.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2011, 04:47:12 PM »
Git sum!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2011, 06:16:29 PM »
These people regard the Koran as the most important of their scriptures. When someone burns the Koran in an act of indiscriminate, wholesale condemnation, the message to them is that their belief system is incorrigible.

OK, I'm with you so far. Yup. Exactly right. So what's the problem again?

Freedom of speech means that we have to allow that argument to be made, and I’m not entirely sure it’s wrong. But good Muslim people give us reason to hope that what ails Islam can be reformed. I don’t see the upside in alienating those people. I think you can condemn the condemnable aspects of the Koran without condemning everything. But that’s just my opinion, and Mr. Jones is as entitled to his as I am to mine. And for what it’s worth, I doubt my opinion would be much more popular than his in Mazar-e-Sharif

Ahhh, clinging to the notion that Islam can be reformed from within. How Utopian. You know what I find amazing? We watch the reality of Islam playing out right before our very eyes. And yet people are more willing to believe that Islam will reform from within than believe in what they must know to be the truth about this evil ideology.

I'm flabbergasted.  This is McCarthy's piece from just the day before Janny's link.

As far as islam's from-within reformation goes, this notion being promulgated by conservatives who have written extensively on the issue, such as Robert Spencer, is why the conversation has not been able to be moved forward ala Auster, who advocates complete separation of West from muslim.  Some writers will dip a toe in that pond only to jerk it right out again lest they be judged harshly, or from fear, ala Mark Steyn.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2011, 06:41:58 PM »
 ::USA::f**k'N AYE RIGHT!! You Go Girl. ::rockets:: ::laserkill:: ::USA::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2011, 08:06:31 PM »
Here's an article by Roger Kimball and comment thread at Pajamas Media:

Ann Barnhardt, Culture Hero

I haven't read every comment, but the majority seem to be favorable.  I have two comments there, after #16 and #25.

ETA:  Three.  Another one after #51.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 05:31:04 AM by rickl »
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2011, 07:09:32 AM »
Git sum!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline sablegsd

• Newb
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2011, 12:01:04 AM »
Caught about 5 minutes of Hannity on the radio yesterday with Pastor Jones as a guest. He was beating the sh*t out of Jones, saying that because Petraeus thinks burning korans endangers troops, that it shouldn't be done.

How can otherwise intelligent people attribute causation for Islamic-motivated slaughter of the infidel to the burning of a book on the other side of the globe? Can't they see the trap of dhimmitude they're falling into? To even acknowledge a correlation is accepting a fallacy that fundamentally undermines our ability to deal with the sick reality of Islam.

Petraeus should be court martialed.  Did you see where they are having women soldiers wear the rag on the head?  It's criminal, they need to have their helmets on.

God, I want our people out of those stone age sh*tholes. 

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2011, 12:06:29 AM »
Caught about 5 minutes of Hannity on the radio yesterday with Pastor Jones as a guest. He was beating the sh*t out of Jones, saying that because Petraeus thinks burning korans endangers troops, that it shouldn't be done.

How can otherwise intelligent people attribute causation for Islamic-motivated slaughter of the infidel to the burning of a book on the other side of the globe? Can't they see the trap of dhimmitude they're falling into? To even acknowledge a correlation is accepting a fallacy that fundamentally undermines our ability to deal with the sick reality of Islam.

Petraeus should be court martialed.  Did you see where they are having women soldiers wear the rag on the head?  It's criminal, they need to have their helmets on.

God, I want our people out of those stone age sh*tholes. 

I'm about there with ya sable. I was all for both Iraq and Afghanistan for the reasons given at the time, but dammit, if we're not there to win - as in kill as many of the enemy as it takes to break his will and cede to our demands - then we should never have gone in the first place, and we should get the hell out. And to be clear, I'm not saying we shouldn't have gone. Only that we should have gone and done it right.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline sablegsd

• Newb
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2011, 12:18:48 AM »
I just downloaded a free copy of the koran from Project Guttenberg.   I will commence trying to get thru it tomorrow.
I have a feeling it's going to make me sick, just from the little I already know.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2011, 12:42:09 AM »
If you find yourself muddled up, try "Prophet of Doom" by Craig Winn.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2011, 12:32:16 PM »
I just downloaded a free copy of the koran from Project Guttenberg.   I will commence trying to get thru it tomorrow.
I have a feeling it's going to make me sick, just from the little I already know.

The print version is better...for emergency TP anyway...just be sure the paper isn't to coarse.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2011, 01:44:43 PM »

The print version is better...for emergency TP anyway...just be sure the paper isn't to coarse.

And whatever you do don't burn it!!Using it as TP is fine only with your left hand.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Magnum

« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2011, 03:39:53 PM »
I wanted to be very careful before I posted this …….I  Being a Messianic Believer in Yeshua Jesus, and forgive me a Zionist  ::angel:: ……….. many could claim I am posting this because I am pro Israel therefore assume I am anti Islam. However, I am trying to be as honest and objective as possible.

Now as far as Islam goes, from my research and reading parts of the Koran I have concluded that:  A "good muslim" is one who believes in jihad and sharia law. I think Islam is a religion of anger and violence; sadly many in America are clueless to what Islam is and teaches.  Many think there are moderate Muslims. If there are, I believe, it is because they do not take the Koran seriously or poorly understand it. Well, from what I’ve read and from what Walid Shoebat says…………… "A moderate Muslim is not a "good muslim' he is going against what is taught in the koran and will go to hell."

Here is Walid Shoebat, former PLO terrorist and Muslim brotherhood member explaining it much better than I;

Part 1
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7x3UCHnlo4#Walid Shoebat: Islam and Satan - The Most Proud One (1 of 2)

Part 2

On You Tube

Here is another good video with Kamal Saleem a former terrorist and Muslim brotherhood member as Walid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlV9gFFTbys#Former muslims Share Jesus Christ with Muslims !

To further strengthen the point is the son of a Hammas leader. Mosab Hassan Yousef on Allah:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0bYPAuExZA#Islam's Allah and religion is the biggest terrorism in the world says Son of Hamas founder

As Yousef says. “The God of Islam asks Muslims to kill Jews and Christians and anyone who does not believe in the Islamic God. Allah. The majority of Muslims are not terrorists however the majority of Muslims do not understand Islam. Once they understand Islam they understand what the God of Islam wants from them and then they become terrorists."

Again fom Walid:

"It is a message of Salvation why the terror and killing that Muslims use is going on."

"Christianity offers assurance of Salvation: By the substitutional death and resurrection of Yeshua Jesus for us, by the drop of His blood we are all saved. In Romans 10:9 because if you acknowledge and confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and in your heart believe (adhere to, trust in, and rely on the truth) that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

In Islam there is no assurance of Salvation, The only way one can have assurance of Salvation is by their (martyrdom) own death. By the first drop of the blood of the martyr he now can enter into heaven and intercede for 70 members of his family.

The Islam Religion is the opposite of the Christianity.

Islam rejects the intercession of Yeshua Jesus our Lord but offers the intercession of the martyr – the intersession of the sinner.The reward for the martyr is 72 mansions each with 72 beds and on each bed are 72 beautiful virgin women.

The Quran contains at least 100 plus verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers.  Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding.  Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.

Here in the link below are some of the 100 plus verses taken directly from the koran that preach violence upon non believers.  http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/023-violence.htm

Finally this is form The Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, who created the Islamic Republic of Iran said:

"Those who know nothing of Islam pretend that Islam counsels against war. Those are witless. Islam says ‘Kill the unbelievers.... Kill them, put them to the sword and scatter their armies!’... There are thousands of other [Koranic] verses and hadiths urging Muslims to value war.... Does all that mean that Islam is a religion that prevents men from waging war? I spit upon those foolish souls who make such a claim."

Oh and did I mention Muslims really do not like the Jewish People:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gzyeo1Z1I4#The shocking video Muslims don't want you to see!!

I am praying for the Peace of Jerusalem.

Shalom Jerusalem - Paul Wilbur

« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 04:29:10 PM by Magnum »
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2011, 05:40:46 PM »
I wanted to be very careful before I posted this …….I  Being a Messianic Believer in Yeshua Jesus, and forgive me a Zionist  ::angel:: ……….. many could claim I am posting this because I am pro Israel therefore assume I am anti Islam. However, I am trying to be as honest and objective as possible.

Now as far as Islam goes, from my research and reading parts of the Koran I have concluded that:  A "good muslim" is one who believes in jihad and sharia law. I think Islam is a religion of anger and violence; sadly many in America are clueless to what Islam is and teaches.  Many think there are moderate Muslims. If there are, I believe, it is because they do not take the Koran seriously or poorly understand it. Well, from what I’ve read and from what Walid Shoebat says…………… "A moderate Muslim is not a "good muslim' he is going against what is taught in the koran and will go to hell."
. . .

Magnum, I understand totally. The problem is that Islam directs and instructs its true believers to kill the infidels. Christianity teaches the true believers to love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Now, if anybody wants to get into an argument with me about the moral equivalence of Islam and Christianity, then I'm gonna take the gloves off . . .
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.