Author Topic: Art Bell returns to paranormal radio  (Read 568 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Art Bell returns to paranormal radio
« on: July 30, 2013, 12:03:45 PM »
Back when I was still playing music professionally, my ride home in the wee hours of the morning after the show was almost always accompanied by Art Bell. There's something special to me about listening to AM radio on the open road at night - and more so when that AM radio is talking about chemtrails, remote viewing, aliens, ghosts, government conspiracies, chupacabra, Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, and just about any other fodder from the "unprovable" category.

I knew I hit late-night AM radio nirvana one night when Art's guest said, (paraphrased), "...The hood-cloaked monk-like creatures are FAR more influential than the lizard-people..." I laughed uncontrollably for several minutes after that, all by myself.

Bell's show had the strange ability to make me think, shiver, laugh, and scoff, often in rapid succession. I think the magic of Art Bell is how he treats all guests and callers as if they should be taken seriously - and yet there are times when you can hear in his voice that he knows he is talking to a crackpot.

Art Bell returns to paranormal radio
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Art Bell returns to paranormal radio
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 02:13:01 PM »
Me too.

Most of the time I would be both physically and mentally exhausted. I often worked two shifts with a day job and then played til 2:00AM. I needed something to keep me awake besides the road turtlesbut couldn't handle any more music.

I don't remember much of the content of the shows - just the comfortable, crazy voices...  ;)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Art Bell returns to paranormal radio
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 07:23:16 AM »
I used to listen to Art on Coast-to-Coast while I was helping my BIL with snowplowing back in the day...nothing like being amped up on coca-cola, tobacco and giggling and guffawing and being entertained by all manner of odd shyt!

Ahhh, good times!   ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.