Author Topic: Storage War 'Buyer' Kills Self After Drug Arrest  (Read 565 times)

RickZ

Storage War 'Buyer' Kills Self After Drug Arrest
« on: August 05, 2013, 01:23:01 PM »
Mark Balelo, who did not appear often.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/11/storage-wars-star-mark-balelo-commits-suicide/

"Storage Wars" star Mark Balelo killed himself today by carbon monoxide poisoning ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources close to Balelo tell us he was found dead in his car ... which was parked and running in the garage at his auction house in Simi Valley, CA.

According to our sources, Balelo had been arrested for a drug-related offense on Saturday.

We're told when Balelo got out of jail he was distraught, and asked his fiancée to come over because he was afraid he might hurt himself.

We're told they met at his office on Sunday, they talked for a few hours, he took a 4 hour nap -- and when he woke up seemed better.

The fiancée left Balelo at the office Sunday evening. We're told one of Balelo's employees found his body Monday morning.

Balelo appeared on a handful of "Storage Wars" episodes over the past few seasons.

Law enforcement sources tell us an autopsy will be conducted tomorrow.

Also, I've been wondering why Dave Hester is not on the new season.  Now I know.  He was fired for telling the producers that the show being fake might be illegal.  Of course it is.  And of course he was.

(It's an old report, 12/12, but I missed it the first go around.)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2012/12/11/storage-wars-star-dave-hester-says-show-is-rigged/1761603/

You've probably seen Dave Hester trying to outbid his Storage Wars competitors for abandoned storage lockers in Southern California. "Yuuup!" is his trademark phrase.

Now, Hester has filed a lawsuit against A&E, the network that airs the show, charging the show is fake.

He says the show fired him in retaliation days after he complained about it to network and production company executives.

RadarOnline says the lawsuit filed by Los Angeles attorney Marty Singer accuses the show of illegal activity and of deceiving the public. "A&E regularly plants valuable items or memorabilia," the court documents say, to add drama to the show.

A&E has defended the show as being 100% real.

Hester, who says he was fired after meeting with executives to express concern about the show, also claims producers staged entire units and enlisted the co-operation of owners of storage facilities to do so. He says that the show pays for storage lockers for "weaker" cast members as part of the manipulation and that it plants items in lockers after having them appraised weeks in advance.

Hester also says interviews with cast members are scripted and scenes of bidding are faked to the extent that there are no auctions taking place.

On Sept. 6, Hester and some other cast members met with Neil Cohen, A&E's senior vice president, reports Radar, to express their concerns. In the meeting, Hester complained "that he believed that it was illegal for Defendants to continue to salt the storage units," the suit says. "The other cast members present agreed with Hester that Defendants' conduct was inappropriate and possibly illegal."

Just goes to show that Reality TV is Fake TV, just like the Affordable Care Act is really the Unaffordable Care Act.  Orwellian descriptions are now our new normal.  Back to watching paint dry.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Storage War 'Buyer' Kills Self After Drug Arrest
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 01:34:57 PM »
Shoot. I was hoping it was one of the main characters. Except Barry. I kinda like Barry.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Storage War 'Buyer' Kills Self After Drug Arrest
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 07:13:47 AM »
Barry is hilarious, he's like a recovering hippie or something.

Hester lost his lawsuit recently, so I would doubt they'd want him back at all.  Not sure if that kills it for the others.  I would say not, could be fun to see everybody give Dave the Yuuuuuuuuuup finger!

Don't know this Mark guy, but haven't followed any of the shows for a while...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.