Author Topic: A Legal DumbassCare Opt Out Program  (Read 3228 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: A Legal DumbassCare Opt Out Program
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2013, 01:46:52 PM »
No doubt it was designed to crash the system.  It's a good thing there's a vibrant opposition party in this country hammering that point home, isn't there?

::thinking::

::facepalm::

::upsidedownflag::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 01:53:50 PM »
I don't see how the government can screw with them...

How about turning any given bureaucratic arm of the federal government loose on them? How about the administration "deeming" any given facet of their operation disqualifies them from the exemption? How about the IRS tying them up in court defending their exempt status? How about using the NSA's data mining to personally harass/destroy the administrators? How about blowing the astroturf dog-whistle and having people show up at the homes of the administrators and threatening their children while ObamaCare supporters in the police unions turn a blind eye? How about the EPA raiding them and stealing their assets for some obscure violation of foreign law?

I can think of many ways the federal government can screw with them, and all of the ways I can think of are already happening to other people and entities. The only common denominator is that they dare to oppose the Leftist regime in word or deed.

You are being a glass half empty person on this. I choose to think of this as God providing me with an out that He approves of. I won't have to violate His Word if I go this route. Why else would this have been put into the law unless He wanted it to be there? God chooses the kings that are put in place to rule over us (which is why I believe that He is judging our nation...he gave us King Putt) and it appears, in this case, He has also moved our legislators to (perhaps unwittingly) provide His people with a morally acceptable path.

It is not yet time for us to have to choose between taking the number of the beast or persecution but it is getting closer to that day.

And if God's hand is in this then He will thwart anyone who attempts to destroy it. As a believer I cannot think of it any other way. We either trust and believe or we don't.

I'm not saying don't do it or that it's anything less than a great idea. I don't even question that it is a Godly alternative.

All I'm saying is that the way it's lined up, they're going to be flooded with people seeking a way out, and as an easily identifiable target (only three entities), there will be pressure from the regime against them and against the people seeking relief from them. What is now undoubtedly a manageable portfolio of member/clients is about to explode, and the government will not be happy about it. At the very least, the regime will seek to "close the loophole".

And to your point, if God wants the loophole open, it will remain open.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2013, 01:58:04 PM »
They're about to become involved in a tug of war between throngs of people seeking a way out, and a government hell-bent on figuring out a way to punish them for daring to provide it.

There will be a lot of new business for these three orgs, that is certain. But...I don't know that it will be "throngs" outside of the faith based community.

Look at the options that I outlined above. I think that the real throngs are eventually and inevitably going to choose Option "C" and go on the dole. As you said above, the leftists are counting on crashing the system. You meant the healthcare system but I think that they are looking beyond that. I think that they are looking at crashing the entire government system and the capitalist system so that they can install their utopian fantasy plan. The quickest means to that end is to get the country into a default status and then declare that it's all over and we have to reboot. That plan may or may not involve anarchy, rioting and the like. It's Cloward/Pivens through and through.

We need to prepare accordingly but we shouldn't have to knowingly contribute to that end. Not getting involved with DumbassCare is, therefore, very high on my list of priorities.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2013, 02:57:07 PM »
Those asswipes can crash the system as they choose to but he one thing they be forgetting is that doctor shortage that's coming their way. Med school is an expensive endeavor and I don't see anyone with brains deciding that humanitarian thoughts will rule out economic ones. Besides we've all heard and read about the ridiculously high rates of insurance for malpractice and if you think for one moment that the lawyers, most of them DemonRat contributors are just going to roll over and lose their gravy train, you're an absolute moron.

Have fun assholes, it won't be pretty either way. ::rockets::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2013, 08:13:54 PM »
LINK

Not for everyone but it is an option:

The individual mandate in the Affordable Care Act requires all Americans to have health insurance or face penalties, but members of medical-sharing ministries are exempt from the individual mandate that will be enforced beginning in 2015.

It's there because of the work of then-Congressmen Tom Perriello, a Virginia Democrat and Sens. Max Baucus, a Montana Democrat, and Republican Charles Grassley of Iowa, who fought to add the exemption to the law. It's the same principle that allowed for the Amish to be exempted from the individual mandate—with the crucial difference that it's a lot more practical to join Medi-Share than it is to become Amish.

So...this would allow you to opt out, not pay any fine to the IRS and still be covered, sort of, for when bad things happen.

I have to say that there is a very big appeal there for me to not pay into O'BongoCare nor pay the IRS a fine.

I will be considering this when my premiums double next year.

I received an e mail from medishare and it instructed me to go to their website to see the costs. Their costs are in line but when I checked to see which hospitals supported the program locally, there was only a small regional hospital.....and no hospitals in Nashville. So, while I like the idea I am severely limited as to where I can go for service. So they are a no go for me.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2013, 08:48:54 PM »
So they are a no go for me.

Perhaps one of the other two? But this is what exploring the option is all about. It may not be right for me, either. But I hope that it is. I can't describe how important it is for me on a personal and spiritual level to avoid participating in this brave new world that President Pants Crease is crafting.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2013, 07:12:09 AM »

Perhaps one of the other two? But this is what exploring the option is all about. It may not be right for me, either. But I hope that it is. I can't describe how important it is for me on a personal and spiritual level to avoid participating in this brave new world that President Pants Crease is crafting.

If you're retired, more and more are taking their marbles elsewhere.  I certainly see myself elsewhere as soon as I can. 

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2013, 01:50:34 PM »

I'm going to check the others. Right now, actually under a plan supplied by my wifes work, it is a no go. A year or two from now? who knows.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2013, 01:04:05 PM »
Update on medishare. I was mistaken on the hospital coverage. I can use any hospital I choose. Here is the costs sent to me.

Pricing based on the information you provided:

Pricing for 2 people and DOB of 03/09/1956 is below

Annual Household Portion  $1,250 $2,500 $3,750 $5,000 $7,500 $10,000
Standard Monthly Share   $533.82 $461.09 $412.18 $374.27 $313.22 $252.95
Healthy Monthly Share   $435.82 $376.09 $334.18 $302.27 $248.22 $195.95

Pricing for 1 person and DOB of 03/09/1956 is below

Annual Household Portion  $1,250 $2,500 $3,750 $5,000 $7,500 $10,000
Standard Monthly Share   $348.23 $303.19 $268.36 $244.49 $207.35 $165.47
Healthy Monthly Share   $289.23 $249.19 $221.36 $202.49 $167.35 $130.47

Once you pay your deductible, it is 100% coverage. 1 million cap per year, 5 million cap lifetime, per individual.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2013, 08:34:59 PM »
I probably have info packets from all three plans waiting for me in my PO box which I will be checking on Monday or Tuesday. I have received emails and phone calls from two of them but have so far not engaged...I hate phone calls from these types of outfits even if I have initiated it. So, I guess that I will know more shortly.