Author Topic: Female NYC mayoral candidate has wife  (Read 1780 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Female NYC mayoral candidate has wife
« on: August 19, 2013, 03:00:28 PM »
Kim M. Catullo does not like giving interviews or getting behind a microphone.

At political events, she tends to hover in the background, so much so that she is sometimes mistaken for a member of her wife’s security detail.

Am I ever going to be able to wrap my head around the phrase "her wife"?  No.  Not in this life.  And I expect not in the next either.

And seeing what a trainwreck Wiener's campaign has turned into, I have no doubt New Yorkers will elect this ... person.  Because they are such special, "celebrating", virtuous people.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Female NYC mayoral candidate has wife
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 03:14:30 PM »
So...... I gotta ask....what makes her the "wife".
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 03:19:14 PM »

New York law via marriage certificate.  Other than that and wishful thinking, not a damn thing.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 03:59:52 PM »

New York law via marriage certificate.  Other than that and wishful thinking, not a damn thing.

So....On the marriage certificate, they must distinguish ( supposed) gender?  It's two women, wouldn't they both be considered wives? I don't understand what makes her the "wife".

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 04:13:34 PM »

So....On the marriage certificate, they must distinguish ( supposed) gender?  It's two women, wouldn't they both be considered wives? I don't understand what makes her the "wife".

Er ... because for the purposes of the above article, the other "wife" is the candidate.  So, it's the candidate and the candidate's "wife".

And now that I've said "wife" to myself about five times I notice the more I say it, the stranger a word it becomes.  Sorta like "doily".  Say it ten times and "doily" starts sounding just weird.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 04:21:25 PM »
Well Germany is now unveiling new birth and marriage certificates where one can be declared as Male, Female, or X. Just a social construct after all.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 05:39:15 PM »

Er ... because for the purposes of the above article, the other "wife" is the candidate.  So, it's the candidate and the candidate's "wife".

And now that I've said "wife" to myself about five times I notice the more I say it, the stranger a word it becomes.  Sorta like "doily".  Say it ten times and "doily" starts sounding just weird.

wifewifewifewifewifewifewifewifewifewifewifewifewifewifewife.......doilydoilydoilydoilydoilydoily.......

Silly me..... I figured one would want to be the man.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 06:46:56 PM »

Listing them both as wives, doesn't that screw up in a big way the definition of wife. I mean if you aren't husband and wife, wife doesn't enter into it, you're just to females bonding together in unholy matrimony sanctified by who, Satan?

The proglodytes really opened a can of clusterf**k.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 06:50:18 PM by warpmine »
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 07:10:32 PM »

Listing them both as wives, doesn't that screw up in a big way the definition of wife. I mean if you aren't husband and wife, wife doesn't enter into it, you're just to females bonding together in unholy matrimony sanctified by who, Satan?

The proglodytes really opened a can of clusterf**k.

In the eyes of the state, they are considered married. I don't believe in the eyes of God they are, just living in sin, practicing their unnatural "love". We had marriage long before the state decided to put their seal of approval on it. Just another example of the state messing up another perfectly good institution.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 08:18:22 PM »
Just another example of the state messing up another perfectly good institution.

::thumbsup::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 10:09:47 PM »
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/w4m/4013075765.html

Definitely horrifying. Be warned, only open one eye for viewing. Is this what God had in mind when speaking of animal husbandry? ::hysterical::

In math, we were taught a negative times a negative would produce a positive. Now unless you count that these two are out of the gene pool being the only positive....

I can't believe that neither of these wold be turned down by a muzloid knowing full well they keep them hidden and in these cases, safety precaution, wouldn't take them as their wives being perfectly aware that they wold do both a farm animal and a goat....could a cow be far off from the goat? ::hysterical::
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:37:35 PM by warpmine »
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 07:55:43 AM »
Linky no worky...might be a good thing!

Anyway.  Whatever, meteor...where is thy sting?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 10:28:04 AM »

The nagging? ::unknowncomic::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 10:46:38 AM »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 11:25:02 AM »
Heh.  Must be a matter of degree though, eh?   ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 02:07:13 PM »

The nagging? ::unknowncomic::

I laughed....quietly....while looking over my shoulder.....
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 02:13:13 PM »
Speaking of which, lard ass Chris Christie just signed into law a bill that makes it illegal in the state of New Jersey for therapists to offer counseling/therapy designed to make homosexuals "convert" to heterosexual.  It is now the second state in the country to have such a law.

Regardless of what one believes about homosexuality, i.e. whether it is an inborn characteristic or not, the point is that the legitimacy of scientific and medical inquiry should not be dictated by legislation. Who is the state of NJ to decide by legislative action whether or not homosexuality is something amenable to psychiatric treatment? It's like the famous case of a state legislature that attempted to fix the value of Pi by legislation (and even at that they had the wrong value). NJ and Gov. KrispyKreme are in essence stating that it is now forever settled that a homosexual persuasion is not something that can or should fall within the inquiry of medical science, and they are so certain of this that they're going to make it illegal for any doctor or therapist to attempt otherwise.

Ok, let's play role reversal. How about a state pass a law that it is illegal for a therapist to pursue inquiries into "gender identity disorder" among young patients? Can you imagine the uproar from the same corners that presently applaud bans on counseling homosexuals with the aim of changing their orientation?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

RickZ

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 03:00:46 PM »
Old joke:

Two lesbians, Mary and Jen, were talking at home.  Jen says to Mary, "Mary, I want to be frank with you."  Mary replied, "Okay, Jen.  I'll be frank tomorrow."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2013, 03:39:39 PM »
What do you call a lesbian in camo with 100 semi-automatic rifles?

Militia Etheridge.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 03:42:09 PM »
What do you call a lesbian in camo with 100 semi-automatic rifles?

Militia Etheridge.

::snerk::