Author Topic: US/Euro Intervention in Syria  (Read 13355 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: US/Euro Intervention in Syria
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2013, 06:41:04 PM »
H/T RickZ
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2013, 09:53:29 AM »
That's what you get when a minority set-aside community scam artist is your nominee and the nation is too ignorant and pc/diversity/multi-culti poisoned to think beyond skin color and elects a no-load Muzzie sympathizer as President.  President PeacePrize...you get no peace and the prize is a sick joke.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2013, 10:04:07 AM »
Oh hey, maybe PeacePrize will intervene in Egypt now that innocent wildlife is getting snuffed?!

/

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/09/07/Stork-detained-as-spy-in-Egypt-found-dead

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2013, 12:38:34 PM »
None of this is about human rights.

It's not even about humans. It's about big pictures and even the devoted readers of books about the Post-American World Order still have their big pictures composed of grand historical movements and massive chess games in which leaders can be raised and toppled, in which power can check power until a perfect stabilizing point is reached and the rest of the world decides to start killing its own babies, dismantling its own industry and dedicating all its efforts to turning out graduates with three degrees to teach small children about transgender identity.

Gotta love the Sultan. RTWT.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2013, 05:50:35 PM »
Yeah, Danny got a bit of smartass in him (who doesn't?) , God Bless him, but he is correct, and a well-placed barb in the side of the beast is deserved.  After all, if the media wasn't so in the tank for PeacePrize and libiots in general, they'd be doing the same thing, right?  So, most conservative and libertarian bloggers can have the motto "Doing what the media used to do back before they sold their soul to the far-left"!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2013, 07:01:17 AM »
Hilarious.

Lurch gives Assad one week to turn over all chemical weapons.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/504691/20130909/kerry-gives-ultimatum-assad-syria-chemical-weapons.htm

Sounds like to me the Obama Regime is beginning to realize what a big load it stepped into and is really reaching for anything it can now.

Of course all Assad has to do is sit tight.  But Obama is desperate here, he is determined to smack Syria no matter what it does to him or anybody else.

ETA - - -

OMG!  A trifecta of Obama Regime fail!!!

First - State is backtracking on the Kerry Statement as not being another "red line"!  (I see some are making sport of "Red Line 2"!)  It's just Jean F rhetorical jabberwocky after all!

http://gma.yahoo.com/did-us-offer-syrian-president-125806202--abc-news-topstories.html

::hysterical::

Next - Even the Communist News Network cannot hide the fact that even the whacko Obama kool-aid guzzling minions are breaking 70-30 against intervening in Syria.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/09/politics/syria-poll-main/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

::popcorn::

And finally - Jean F has to have more stupidity ooze out of his witless brain via his facial orifice - " the United States is considering only an 'unbelievably, small, limited' strike on Syria as punishment for allegedly using chemical weapons and he insisted military action will not end that country’s civil war.  'We’re not going to war,' Mr. Kerry told reporters Monday after meeting with British Foreign Secretary William Hague in London."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/were-not-talking-about-war-kerry-outlines-unbelievably-small-strike-on-syria/article14184543/

:o

::laughonfloor::

Lemme get this straight, you acknowledge US intervention won't change a damned thing (Paying attention J-Mac & Lindsay et al?), that this "action" will be puny and pointless...and that whatever the Obama Regime does cannot in any way be construed as "war"?

What an ass!

We have ZERO national interest in Syria!  None!  And everybody but the most diseased brain-dead ObamaBot knows that...and even then some of them know but don't care, as usual.  Let Europe, Qatar & the Saudi's find another band of mercenaries to topple Syria and get your gas pipeline laid!  Let them tangle with Russia who will die rather than give up their Gazprom monopoly and Mediterranean naval bases!

Man I loath this Regime!!!

BREAKING -

Russia offers Syria an out while sticking a finger in Obama's eye - http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-09-09/russia-launches-new-surprising-strategy-appeasement

Syria agrees - http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-09-09/syria-welcomes-will-comply-russian-chemical-weapon-disarmament-initiative

Don't get too excited though, merely a postponement of Regime change...Qatar & the Saudi's are deploying assets as we speak to don Syrian military garb and slaughter any inspectors...then the slaughter is on and the pipeline a done deal.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 11:51:04 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2013, 06:59:38 AM »
Drudge headline says "Checkmate"...actually, I think it looks more like Obama resigning rather than continue playing a game he will lose.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/john-kerry-in-london-campaigns-for-world-to-support-military-strike-against-syria/2013/09/09/e8ad7a72-193d-11e3-80ac-96205cacb45a_print.html

I think Duh Wun still thinks he can wiggle around Kerry's gaff and salvage Operation Pipeline and make his Arab & Euro partners and myriad of contributors happy.

When I see this - “We are going to run this to ground,” Obama said. “We’re going to make sure that we see how serious these proposals are.”

And this - Kerry warned Lavrov that the United States was “not going to play games.”

I see a Regime who will bend over backwards to find fault with the Kerry Blunder Plan and in the end rely upon Arab allies to pose as Syrian military and snuff any international authorities dispatched to handle any Syrian chemical weapons found and use that as the pretext for unilateral action...no wasting time with procedural moves, direct action with regime change as the only acceptable outcome...what follows doesn't matter as long as the gas flows.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2013, 08:33:00 AM »
Maybe he is trying to earn his Peace Prize.  Almost start a war, and then when the Russians offer him a way to save face, take it.  See the Syrian Weapons are under "international control" - Iraq was under the same control of course..  and  no one in the "international community"  was  buying Iraqi Oil violating sanctions  or abusing the Oil for Food program either.  You Americans are SOOO gullible.   Yeah, we are watching those weapons.. we know where they are. No one would lie to us, and no we aren't taking bribes to lie to you.

Also has the bonus of further damaging America's diplomatic credibility around the world - its almost as low as the credibility of the United Nations.

Via INstapundit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=z-sdO6pwVHQ#t=117
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 08:56:17 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2013, 09:35:57 AM »
  Putin has been taking Obongos lunch money since he got elected.I can't wait for the sales pitch on this one.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2013, 11:17:53 AM »
If the Russians are involved you can rest assured that all is not what it seems. There will be many layers of deception involved. You have to remember that Putin has zero reasons to do anything to help President DumbAss. Putin has been personally insulted, recently, by this child and it is difficult to imagine that he would do anything at all without Zero's destruction baked into the cake. Putin would do it anyway just to do damage to the USA.

President DumbAss is playing a game that he thinks he understands, that he thinks he is a master of. He thinks that he holds all of the cards because he has the US military to play with. But that is merely a big card that can be misplayed by a moron. The last two weeks have shown that this is all too true...that the superpower card can be overplayed, misplayed, etc. and that it is being handled right now by an idiot and his team of idiots.

We have a rather dangerous three years to continue to suffer this fool. We may not survive.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2013, 11:30:19 AM »
Yeah, three years is an awful long time to hope a egomaniacal jackass doesn't screw up so bad that he gets millions slaughtered...

In that event the only good news is the survivors will almost assuredly hunt down the surviving perpetrators and say goodbye in a way that is meaningful...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2013, 12:10:54 PM »
President DumbAss is playing a game that he thinks he understands, that he thinks he is a master of. He thinks that he holds all of the cards because he has the US military to play with. But that is merely a big card that can be misplayed by a moron. The last two weeks have shown that this is all too true...that the superpower card can be overplayed, misplayed, etc. and that it is being handled right now by an idiot and his team of idiots.

We have a rather dangerous three years to continue to suffer this fool. We may not survive.

Yeah. This is who he thinks he is:

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2013, 12:27:12 PM »
Hard to look at sh*t and not want to grab a shovel.

Meanwhile, at the Useless Nations.... UN Security Council To Meet (Behind Closed Doors) On Russian Plan

If there is any truth to the rumors of a G20 (see I'm flexible!) deal, then this is the venue it will come out of, but if this gets nixed then I reckon we can put those rumors to rest.

Operation "Shuck n' Jive" as Rush calls it is still in play...there are still Regime idiots pressuring congresscritters to authorize a spanking...

::)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2013, 12:36:52 PM »
And what the hell is up with this?

President Barack Obama and his National Security Advisor Susan Rice, who like Obama is Black, are holding a classified meeting on Syria at the White House with members of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) , according to reporter April Ryan, the White House reporter for American Urban Radio Networks.

130605_barack_obama_susan_rice_reu_605

While there are times that a meeting with the group that is a repugnant remnant of racial divisions in America might make sense — such as how to get Black unemployment down from the double-digit Depression era levels it has been since Obama took office — it is hard to see what the ‘black take’ on Syria is that differentiates the CBC from the rest of the country.

The only possible explanation is that Obama is making a special racial solidarity pitch with his soul brothers and sisters in Congress. Otherwise, the meeting would have been open to all members of Congress regardless of race.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2013, 12:39:31 PM »
This analysis at The New Republic of all places is about the best I've seen yet.

I could excerpt it and I will (a little) but the whole thing is worthy of your time. It outlines in stark detail just how bad this things is.

What happened was Kerry went off message and, as has been his wont as Secretary of State, off the reservation, and violated the cardinal rule of official press conferences: He answered a hypothetical question in a hypothetical way. He blurted out a pie-in-the-sky, hyperbolic idea—getting rid of "every single bit" of the chemical weapons scattered across Syria "in the next week"—but everyone seized on it as a realistic proposal. It's not.

This thing, coming from libs, would be laugh out loud funny (and how often can you say that about irony?) if it weren't so deadly serious.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2013, 12:44:24 PM »
Okay, one more just to get you to go read the whole thing. It really is something...

There are two clear winners in this slow-motion train wreck, and they are not Obama or Kerry. They are Assad and Putin. Both wanted, for their own reasons, to avert a military strike, and a military strike was averted. Putin insisted on a diplomatic solution while doing everything to make a diplomatic solution impossible, and now he gets his phony, unenforceable diplomatic solution. Assad wanted to go on killing his opposition, and he will continue to do so.

Obama, on the other hand, found himself constantly check-mated, either by his own hand, or, this time, by Kerry's. First, he drew a red line on chemical weapons, seemingly by accident. Then, he all but ignored chemical weapons use by Assad until the evidence forced itself on the world. Then he agonized on whether to act, while Dempsey and the Pentagon rolled him, leaking their military plans to anyone who would listen, "probably," said one insider, "because they didn't want to act." Then, he talked about how limited the strikes would be, all while Assad moved his men and his guns into residential areas and the Russians moved their ships in. Then, out of nowhere, he decided to take it to Congress. "The president says that he’s going to launch strikes and then, suddenly, he’s going to Congress. It's probably one of the more incredible things I’ve ever seen," McCain told me. "We were all dumbfounded," said another Senate staffer.

Will anyone, even on his own side, ever take him seriously on anything ever again? We can only hope. (not)

Side note: Remember how the libs lamented that poor old Bill Clinton didn't get the chance to have 9/11 happen on his watch so that everyone would know just what a super duper president he was? Well, this situation doesn't even come close to the seriousness of that incident and look at the FAIL. Can you even imagine what kind of trouble we will be in if we get another real attack on the USA during this idiot's second term?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 12:47:45 PM by trapeze »

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2013, 01:19:26 PM »
...Can you even imagine what kind of trouble we will be in if we get another real attack on the USA during this idiot's second term?

I am not convinced that Obama would consider an attack on the US as a failure of his presidency. This recent string of events has served to do more damage to American credibility and our image of superpower than any event in my lifetime. I believe it has been orchestrated to accomplish exactly that - or at the very least, the opportunity was presented by the crisis, and the Leftists have not let the crisis go to waste.

The Leftists want the United States weakened. Now we are weakened. In regards to Syria, I have no more reason to believe that we are weakened by fecklessness than to believe we are weakened by design.

Obama Open Mic Audio With Russian President Medvedev
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2013, 08:15:51 PM »

Yeah. This is who he thinks he is:

That disrespectful prick need to get his shoes off out effing desk!
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2013, 08:31:16 PM »
Our cable suddenly went blank just before the historic Obama babble. Guess I'm lucky.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2013, 09:17:41 PM »
Our cable suddenly went blank just before the historic Obama babble. Guess I'm lucky.

oh dang, I "forgot".  No, really. Did he say anything?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."