Author Topic: How Democrats Pray...and to Whom are they Praying?  (Read 785 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
How Democrats Pray...and to Whom are they Praying?
« on: September 02, 2013, 04:42:33 PM »
Better received by Old Scratch than God Almighty -

“We give thanks, oh Lord, for the doctors, both current and future, who provide quality abortion care.”

“We pray for increased financial support for low-income women to access contraception, abortion and childcare.”

“Today, we pray for women in developing nations, that they may know the power of self-determination. May they have access to employment, education, birth control and abortion.”

“Today we pray for the families who have chosen. May they know the blessing of choice.”

“We pray for women who have been made afraid by their paternalistic religion.”

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/08/29/iowa-democrat-prayer-thank-god-for-abortionists/

Satan must be sooooo very proud!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: How Democrats Pray...and to Whom are they Praying?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 10:38:50 PM »
Sometimes I think they just toss out their hopes and dreams and hope the "cosmos" hears them.

No doubt for them prayer is a feeling.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 07:08:59 AM »
Whatever it is...I don't want to ever feel what it is to like and be thankful of the wanton slaughter of babies!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 07:25:56 AM »
This reminds me strongly of the opening scene of this clip from "Beneath the Planet of the Apes" - so perverse a prayer, that the intrinsic wrongness of it is apparent, as is the facade of humanity that delivers it.

BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson