Author Topic: Paula Deen Returns - Houston Gives Her Standing O  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
Paula Deen Returns - Houston Gives Her Standing O
« on: September 15, 2013, 11:33:27 AM »
(AP) HOUSTON Tearful Deen makes 1st public appearance in months

Celebrity cook Paula Deen fought back tears as she was greeted by a supportive crowd during an appearance at a Houston cooking show.

Paula Deen First Public Appearance After Controversy, Gets Standing Ovation, Tears Up - 9/14/13

Good. Good for her. The whole Paula Deen situation debacle irked me and I'm glad she's back - it's the best thing she can do for herself. Just jump back in and carry on as business as usual. Frankly I think the whole thing was messed up all the way around. Whoever her publicist is needs to be fired if they haven't been already. In my opinion the Deen camp is largely part of why the whole thing blew up into the super storm that it did. Whoever thought it was a good idea for her to apologize, for one, is an idiot. The same for her putting out those godawful video apologies (and then pulling them from You Tube just minutes after they were posted.) All of that weirdness just fed the media and PC Police everything they needed to turn her situation into a full blown nightmare for her and her career. If they would have just declined to comment it would have blown over and never turned into the firestorm that it did.

What's worse is that in the end the lawsuit was eventually dropped. All of that to try and appease some former employee who basically was trying to extort her for a quick buck.  Ok rant over!  :D

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Paula Deen Returns - Houston Gives Her Standing O
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 12:29:07 PM »
Sounds like her handlers are the same consultancy class the GOP uses. Nothing good will ever come from apologizing or otherwise trying to appease the high priests of PC. The correct response to the Left is always some variation of FOAD or GFYS.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 12:42:28 PM »
It really is infuriating to see people succumb to the apologentsia. It NEVER satisfies their desire for blood, and ALWAYS results in a feeding frenzy.

I'm glad Deen has dared to poke her head out again, and I hope the Leftists choke on her success moving forward.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 12:55:33 PM »
Indeed. Great point. The GOP is basically non-existent to me anymore for many reasons, and that being one of them. The have zero spine and generally want to make my head explode.  ::bashing::

They are scared of the media it's ridiculous.  They spend so much time worrying about what the media will think of them that they never get anything done and will cave at the first hind of "offending someone" or appearing non-PC. Political correctness is not only a cancer to this country, but also a sham by the left to bully and entrap folks who don't see things their way. The GOP need to realize that no matter what they do it won't matter. Cowtowing to the media - who despise you to begin with - is pointless and extremely counterproductive. That's why I appreciate the likes of Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin - they don't apologize and are smart enough to realize A) they have nothing to apologize for B) apologizing for anything will almost always work against you. Now if only the rest of the GOP could figure that out...

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 12:59:28 PM »
It really is infuriating to see people succumb to the apologentsia. It NEVER satisfies their desire for blood, and ALWAYS results in a feeding frenzy.

My thoughts exactly!

I'm glad Deen has dared to poke her head out again, and I hope the Leftists choke on her success moving forward.

Exactly. And it should burn a little extra for them seeing as how Deen actually campaigned for Obama. They didn't exactly trumpet that fact when this whole scandal blew.  ;D

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 01:02:48 PM »
the right should learn a good lesson from this and also from al Sharpton.

the right should state proudly, loudly and often what they REQUIRE of this country and its culture. make the left feel real shame for the lawless, disrespectful culture they have created.  read those drowning educational scores daily to point out incessantly the failure of the left's educational policy.
point out daily the tragic results of single parent households and the contribution to criminal behavior that is evident in every urban welfare communities and the disasterous outcome of their relativistic society.

show unwaveringly the total failure of the "great society" and hammer it home and hold responsible those who continue to promote this misbegotten agenda

until we adopt the very effective tactics of the left; their brazen attacks on their opponents,  the right will never win a national election again.
sure they will win local and state elections but they succumb to what Ms Deen did, made to feel embarrassed and guilty for doing what they do and project themselves as losers from the get-go.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 01:16:24 PM »
Yep. Sharpton never apologized for the Tawana Brawley incident or Duke Lacross - and what did that get him? His own show on MSNBC.

Alec Baldwin's latest meltdown? He calls a reporter a "toxic little queen" - and what did that get him? His own show on MSNBC.

GOP just needs to be gutted.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 01:24:05 PM »
maddy  what do you mean by gutted?  as in eliminating the gutless wonders that dominate the old guard? the gop seems to be so appalled by Obama's lack of spine in confronting our enemies abroad yet they show the same gutless fear when asked to stand up and protect conservative values for fear of offending some group somewhere.  better to just stand up dare the left to defend their own record

I swear that if the left had to defend their agenda and its aftermath on a daily basis they would grow weary and be exposed for the empty gasbags they are.

wear them down by making them defend their record daily regardless of what they press will call racism, sexism or whatever "ism du jour" they can concoct
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 02:19:03 PM »
Yes - that is exactly what I mean! The GOP is scared of their own freaking shadow and they need to be replaced with those that aren't scared to defend what they believe in and actually represent the people. Enough is enough.

In fact I found this rather refreshing. Dana Loesh went on an epic rant on 9.11 regarding essentially this very thing in the state of MO. If you didn't it's only a few mins and definitely worth a listen - I thought her head was going to explode (in fact, I think it did!) She declares WAR.  If you haven't heard it you must. It's too sweet not to listen to. Cick the link below and go to:

- September 11, 2013 The Dana Show 3
- Fast forward to the 6 min mark and listen

That's 6 mins of sweetness right there!  :supercool:

http://www.971talk.com/dana/podcast.aspx

I wish more folks had her attitude. Hold their feet to the fire and force them to do their job.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 02:23:00 PM »
The Left have no shame or embarrassment, so you can't appeal to them on those grounds. They cannot be dealt with, not by any rhetorical means. The best way to deal with them is cut through all the phony posturing about what paragons of virtue they are and point out how their every position boils down to subjugating the individual to the whims of a collective (a collective that they purport to represent), how they amount to nothing more than using the state as a proxy to rob other people of their earnings so that it can then be given to others in exchange for electoral fealty. This is why Cruz and Rand Paul are so hated by even their own party.

The very minute one gets suckered into trying to debate them on their own premises, it's already lost. They're just a bunch of despotic little bolsheviks who want to use the instrumentalities of the state to enforce their will on everyone. The only interaction with them should be in the form of telling them exactly that.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 02:42:28 PM »
Always love me some Dana.  ::pimp::

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 03:04:29 PM »
Declaring War.  "I'm done with this crap!"

Amen!!!

Dana Feisty!  Libertas likes fiesty!   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2013, 03:27:07 PM »
then why do we repeatedly re-elect the same shameless crowd of self-serving leaches? Term limits would be great but in lieu of that, is there not viable, reasonable replacements for these old farts?
Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2013, 03:36:15 PM »
then why do we repeatedly re-elect the same shameless crowd of self-serving leaches? Term limits would be great but in lieu of that, is there not viable, reasonable replacements for these old farts?

Districting.

I've got David Price (D-NC) for a ... err .... -- I was going to say Representative, but he isn't and never was -- Congressweasel.  His district includes Chapel Hill, including the University of, and Durham, EBT-land nearest to me.  Haven't been represented since we moved here, 20 years ago.  There's no way to get him out, unless the loony-lefties choose someone more Left than he, so he's going to die in office.

Then, we have Senator Richard Burr (RINO-NC) whose chances of being successfully challenged are pretty much nil; he has the support of the RNC and the Republican Senatorial Committee and the campaign money that entails.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2013, 03:38:37 PM »
The Left have no shame or embarrassment, so you can't appeal to them on those grounds. They cannot be dealt with, not by any rhetorical means. The best way to deal with them is cut through all the phony posturing about what paragons of virtue they are and point out how their every position boils down to subjugating the individual to the whims of a collective (a collective that they purport to represent), how they amount to nothing more than using the state as a proxy to rob other people of their earnings so that it can then be given to others in exchange for electoral fealty. This is why Cruz and Rand Paul are so hated by even their own party.

Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.

There are many times to take the higher road than your opponent, but IMO politics is not one of them. As far as I'm concerned politics is damn near a contact sport. You have to fight fire with fire. The GOP has let themselves be boxed into a PC corner that they're not going to get out of anytime soon.  Is part of it our fault? Of course. Failing to hold them accountable and keep reelecting the same folks all but reaffirms their ridiculous performance and ensures the butt-kissing and cowtowing will continue.

The very minute one gets suckered into trying to debate them on their own premises, it's already lost. They're just a bunch of despotic little bolsheviks who want to use the instrumentalities of the state to enforce their will on everyone. The only interaction with them should be in the form of telling them exactly that.

When are you running for office, again? Just let me know b/c I'll be the first person in line to vote for you - and I'll even bring breakfast!  ::thumbsup::

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2013, 03:42:04 PM »
IronDioPriest and Lebertas - yep. Ya gotta love Dana!  ::cool::

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 03:44:09 PM »

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2013, 03:48:31 PM »
I have wondered how congress would look if a regular square grid pattern was applied to create congressional districts. If your representative had to actually represent a wide swath of interests instead of just those special ones that got him elected. this might eliminate gridlock in congress also
but that is asking the inmates to reform the nuthouse. not going to happen
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2013, 05:46:08 PM »

That is right. Every word. All we can do is just keep repeating and point out they are  bloody Tyrants.  If you "argue" anything, they just laugh at you for being such a sucker for thinking they care what the truth is.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2013, 06:11:53 PM »
Always love me some Dana.  ::pimp::

Never heard of her, but I'll definitely have to do some research.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson