Author Topic: Bakken & Three Forks Be Rockin'!  (Read 942 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Bakken & Three Forks Be Rockin'!
« on: September 17, 2013, 07:37:24 AM »
http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/upiUPI-20130916-051613-2697

::whoohoo::

On the down side...I think we know who Obama & Co will target next for extortion to keep their ponzi going...

Anyway, congrats North Dakota!  Lead the way!   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Bakken & Three Forks Be Rockin'!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 09:24:39 AM »
I wonder how long the boom will continue. My wife is from Bismarck, and a lifelong friend is from Kenmare. So I've spent some time in No-Dak. Once the oil boom is over, there isn't gonna be anything to keep people there.

Right now, they're building houses, apartment complexes, hotels, restaurants, nightclubs, groceries, gas stations, and all kinds of retail and infrastructure to support the rapid mass influx of workers, almost faster than is believable.

I sure hope the oil production keeps apace for at least a couple decades or so. Assuming that we still have a country.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 09:58:41 AM »
I sure hope the oil production keeps apace for at least a couple decades or so. Assuming that we still have a country.

Although there won't be near the construction jobs, the oilfield will be able to keep the vast majority of their workers there busy when the dust settles. I don't recall reading anything about the lifespan of the reservoirs up there, so I can't comment about how long it will last. Look at PA. They've had oilfield for quite a while.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 10:02:00 AM »
The reserves are huge so you can expect it to go for a long time.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 11:27:27 AM »
The reserves are huge so you can expect it to go for a long time.

Or until Looter Puppets like Obama rob it blind and kill it.

Funny, my uncle the WWII vet who passed away recently, lived briefly with family in the Williston area...and later when he moved back to StPaul he would take my father and his middle brother up there in the fall to hunt birds...I recall stories of a drafty old hunting shack in the middle of the prairie...just think if some of that land would have stayed in the family!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 09:05:57 PM »
The words Saudi Arabia have always been mentioned, in conjunction with North Dakota.

Me thinks it will last awhile.