Author Topic: Obama tells man questioning him about high gas prices: Buy a new car  (Read 61188 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Obama tells man questioning him about high gas prices: Buy a new car
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2011, 09:02:20 PM »
Charles! I like that song! Here, give him this one instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2011, 09:10:04 PM »

The Constitution enshrines and guarantees "certain liberties" by limiting the Federal government's ability to dink around with them - at least as it was written and the signers ascertained in voluminous writings, and The Bill of Rights does not list all rights, as is clearly stated.  The Amendment freeing the slaves was a further limit on government.

I would imagine a Canadian would not be as well-versed in The US Constitution as a US citizen who has remained loyal to it, and can read and interpret plain English, so inserting slavery as some sort of appeal moral authority is a FAIL.

Freeing slaves was... a limitation on government? Bollocks. It was extending rights to a group of people who didn't have rights to take away.

Don't you presume to lecture me about American history.  It was guaranteeing Constitutional rights by limiting the power of Government to infringe.

The level of semantics your reaching here is quite fantastic. What you're saying is, in effect, the constitution can't give anything, it only limits the government from taking things away. I get it. According to you the constitution didn't GIVE african americans, it stopped the government from denying them those rights.

Not semantics.  And, yes, that's right.  You're coming from the point of view beloved by our Halfrican president, whereby the Constitution thoughtlessly neglected the imposition of "positive rights".  Buddy-boy, there ain't no sech thang.  Government doesn't bestow or endow rights, it hasn't the power; it protects those endowed by Our Creator.

I got news for your my American friends, there's no difference between the two in practice. It's only in theory and in argument is there any difference. Pure semantics.

I got news for you, Canadian; there is a world of difference between the two and the friggin UN will be the first to validate your erroneous point of view.  In order for the government to bestow "rights" on one, something must be removed, some infringement must be inflicted upon, another.

Bunk and FAIL.

What trail of breadcrumbs led you to our humble abode, btw?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2011, 09:40:23 PM »
Charles! I like that song! Here, give him this one instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4

::hysterical::

See we're having fun!! Pan is working and we can do back  ::guitar::ground music.All we need is a Rocker in da house!! ::stirpot::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2011, 09:50:48 PM »
We DO have a "Paleo Rocker" around, 'cept I suspect he's stalked off temporarily "left the building" out of disgust.   ;D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 09:53:26 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2011, 10:15:51 PM »
We DO have a "Paleo Rocker" around, 'cept I suspect he's stalked off temporarily "left the building" out of disgust.   ;D

He's here and he is disgusted. ::gaah::
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2011, 10:28:42 PM »
 I can't for the life of me figure out why he's trying to pass himself off as a Canadian. ::whatgives::
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2011, 10:31:53 PM »
Liars lie.

So Soup is still online?

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2011, 10:44:46 PM »
He's really from Canada. A truth told.

General IP Information
Hostname:   [IP address redacted by me out of respect for member's personal privacy]
ISP:   Edmonton Telephones Corporation
Organization:   Edmonton Telephones Corporation
Proxy:   None detected
Type:   Dial-up
Assignment:   Static IP
Blacklist:   
Geolocation Information
State/Region:   Alberta
City:   Calgary
Latitude:   [Redacted]
Longitude:   [Redacted]
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 10:51:43 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2011, 11:10:18 PM »

General IP Information
Hostname:   [IP address redacted by me out of respect for member's personal privacy]
Blacklist:   
Geolocation Information

I'll be dipped!! Nothing about this guy spells Canadian. He's quoting Obamas interpretation of the constitution almost word for word. Why the hell does he give a crapabout American's feelings towards their TOTUS/ Unless he's American working in the Canadian oil fields?
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2011, 11:10:44 PM »
Liars lie.

So Soup is still online?

His little square's yellow.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline rickl

• Established Member
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2011, 11:19:05 PM »

General IP Information
Blacklist:   
Geolocation Information

I'll be dipped!! Nothing about this guy spells Canadian. He's quoting Obamas interpretation of the constitution almost word for word. Why the hell does he give a crapabout American's feelings towards their TOTUS/ Unless he's American working in the Canadian oil fields?

JF, Obama's "interpretation" of the Constitution is the typical leftist, UN-type "interpretation" of the Constitution.  He's a lefty parrot and the Duh Wun/leftist talking points are at fingertip via the internet all over the world.

SCROLLBAR:  The moderators of this site have received both of your complaints about the comments made by IDP - also an Admin -- to you.  He made them in public; the least you can do is have the common decency to voice your complaints also in public instead of attempting to tattletale. 

Warning One.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2011, 11:27:32 PM »
Liars lie.

So Soup is still online?

Back for more fun and entertainment  ::USA::

I had some pre-apocalypse dental work done and it's made me (more) cranky. I will applaud y'all for your tolerance and open-mindedness - especially with me.

Let me 'splain...

I'm fairly familiar with a bunch of folks here. Yet I would never have the gall to open with a statement like y'all are full of "ridiculous misguided anger". And I don't see anyone else pulling crap like that - even in jest.

As far as I'm concerned this is IDP's house and I'm a guest here. The idea of anyone waltzing in and insulting other folks as his/her/its first utterance is telling....very telling.

What it tells me is that what we have here is a boy whose mind is not right.  ;D

Seriously, you can toy with him if you want but I'm here to tell you that if he/she/it tried for a month of Sundays, he/she/it would be hard-pressed to conjure an original thought. It just ain't in him. If you want to check out leftist tripe you can just as easily go direct to the source:

www.democraticunderground.com
www.huffingtonpost.com
www.mediamatters.org

...and the beauty of it is that no matter how much their sh!t makes you barf, you won't track any onto the carpet here  ;D

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2011, 11:28:22 PM »
Charles ? Soup? you guys OK?? ::cool::
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2011, 11:32:01 PM »
Charles ? Soup? you guys OK?? ::cool::

Cool as a cucumber and 5x5

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2011, 11:32:09 PM »
Liars lie.

So Soup is still online?

Back for more fun and entertainment  ::USA::

I had some pre-apocalypse dental work done and it's made me (more) cranky. I will applaud y'all for your tolerance and open-mindedness - especially with me.

Let me 'splain...

I'm fairly familiar with a bunch of folks here. Yet I would never have the gall to open with a statement like y'all are full of "ridiculous misguided anger". And I don't see anyone else pulling crap like that - even in jest.

As far as I'm concerned this is IDP's house and I'm a guest here. The idea of anyone waltzing in and insulting other folks as his/her/its first utterance is telling....very telling.

What it tells me is that what we have here is a boy whose mind is not right.  ;D

Seriously, you can toy with him if you want but I'm here to tell you that if he/she/it tried for a month of Sundays, he/she/it would be hard-pressed to conjure an original thought. It just ain't in him. If you want to check out leftist tripe you can just as easily go direct to the source:

www.democraticunderground.com
www.huffingtonpost.com
www.mediamatters.org

...and the beauty of it is that no matter how much their sh!t makes you barf, you won't track any onto the carpet here  ;D

YOU ARE NOT A GUEST HERE, YOU ARE A BROTHER!

Indulge the scrappers among us for a bit, if you will.

Offline Scrollbar

• Newb
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2011, 11:34:10 PM »

Not semantics.  And, yes, that's right.  You're coming from the point of view beloved by our Halfrican president, whereby the Constitution thoughtlessly neglected the imposition of "positive rights".  Buddy-boy, there ain't no sech thang.  Government doesn't bestow or endow rights, it hasn't the power; it protects those endowed by Our Creator.

I got news for you, Canadian; there is a world of difference between the two and the friggin UN will be the first to validate your erroneous point of view.  In order for the government to bestow "rights" on one, something must be removed, some infringement must be inflicted upon, another.

Bunk and FAIL.

What trail of breadcrumbs led you to our humble abode, btw?

I finally understand the conservative perspective. 2 sentences, describing the same action:
1. The government amended the constitution today to allow African Americans to participate freely in society, and make it illegal to hold them as slaves. They are now able to vote and are considered equal citizens
2. The government amended the constitution today, restricting itself from further denial of god given rights to the African American. With the government no longer in the way, they can now vote and are equal citizens, as they always have been, but not in the eyes of the government.

First off the ridiculous complexity of the 2nd situation is self evident. Second, I get it. God can only give people basic human rights. Not the US government (in your eyes). It boils down to a religious thing, does it not?

As far as this warning..

So I've been given a warning for using a tool on the site, specifically for abuse (I would consider childish name calling a good example) because I'm a tattle tale? Okay then. Oh and it was a moderator who did it.. even funnier. (I also expressed my displeasure for his name calling in the thread but he responded by again calling me a douche bag... lol)

If a liberal isn't welcome here just delete my account. I've been nothing but polite to members here and tried to provide an alternate perspective. One of the admins calling me a douchebag, then, me getting a warning for using the report an abusive post button are stupid games I'm not interested in playing.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2011, 11:39:46 PM »
Rickl - I gotta tell ya that I loved the McKenzie Brothers!