Author Topic: Top DC Republicans feeding media Opposition Research on Ted Cruz  (Read 2446 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Top DC Republicans feeding media Opposition Research on Ted Cruz
« on: September 23, 2013, 11:25:25 AM »
Before Cruz' appearance on Chris Wallace's show, the host was sent opposition research and implored to "hammer" Cruz with it. He said he was sent this by top DC Republicans and that it was unsolicited.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/22/Chris-Wallace-Top-DC-Republicans-Sent-Oppo-Research-to-Hammer-Cruz

On Sunday, Chris Wallace, the host of Fox News Sunday, said that Republicans in Washington were savaging Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) behind Cruz's back before Cruz's appearance on the program to discuss defunding Obamacare.

In an appearance on Washington D.C.'s Fox 5 to preview his Sunday show, Wallace said, "I will tell you I have never in my time in Washington seen a party so upset with one of its own members."

He said he had been flooded with opposition research on Cruz--from Republicans. Later on Fox News Sunday, Wallace said these "top Republicans" gave him "unsolicited research and questions" to "hammer" Cruz.   

"Since we announced that Ted Cruz was going to be on the show, I've been getting background research and questions going after Cruz not from Democrats but from other Republicans," Wallace said on Fox 5. "They really feel he has put them in this corner that they can't get out of gracefully and they're not very happy with him."

In an exclusive op-ed for Breitbart News on Saturday, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, who has also been savaged by establishment Republicans, urged Cruz to stay strong in the face of inevitable attacks from fellow Republicans and suggested they compare "shiv marks" the next time they meet:

"We’re now, once again, subjected to the “anonymous sources” backstabbing game. The Capitol Hill cowards are rushing to anonymously denounce Senator Cruz to any reporter with a pad and pen.

Welcome to our world, Ted. The same people have been denouncing conservatives like me for years (right after they ask for help fundraising for themselves or endorsing the latest candidate they’ve suckered into paying their exorbitant consulting fees). We can compare shiv marks next time we meet, my friend."

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Top DC Republicans feeding media Opposition Research on Ted Cruz
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 11:49:19 AM »
More on the Palin statement...

http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=204781

And I was shocked, shocked I say...to hear The Butthead was instrumental in the attempt to savage Senator Cruz!

OK, not shocked in the least!

Cruz/Palin'14?!  (Not that elections can matter anymore...would be intriguing though, eh?)

Bottom line - Conservatives need to deal with the Ruling Class/RINO/AINO/BigGovt assclowns sooner or later...purge them from the GOP or cut the GOP loose!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 12:20:12 PM »
Oh the poor bastards don't wike being in a conew dey can't gwacfuwwy get out of.

Politics either makes monsters out of men, or it just attracts monsters. Either way.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 12:23:16 PM »
The people I would consider earning my vote for President is small. Anyone backed by a Butthead would not get my support. My wish would be for Wallace to publish "the list".
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 12:24:41 PM »
The Tea Party and conservatives should take the status quo republicans aside and tell them that without teaparty and conservative support, they will never win an election anywhere again and they have 2 choices going forward:

1) realize that the days of reaping heaps of money by voting to keep the status quo is gone and they will undoubtedly lose to any democrat who wishes to challenge them or

2) resign from the republican party and opt to become democrats (which is what they are de facto) and hope there is a seat at the democratic table for them

short of outlawing gerrymandering (which will never happen) what we have will now in congress will continue until the day when lo-info voters produce enough offspring to outnumber conservatives at which time the game is finally over.

this is the last chance to engender a true counter-attack against the communist take-over of our nation.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 01:43:04 PM »
We're pretty much at that outnumbering stage now. It's been the Left's game plan all along. The only thing that could have stopped it would have been for the party establishment to not sabotage every nascent conservative groundswell. Balkanization and social, cultural (followed by an eventual political) disintegration is the only hope now.

In retrospect it is now apparent that the Reagan years were an anomaly, a blip on the radar. As soon as Bush 1 was elected (on a promise to continue Reaganism) the ossified old fossils of the establishment were back in command. Everything since has been one squandered opportunity after another. It can happen only so many times before you must conclude it to be deliberate.

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 02:10:09 PM »
In retrospect it is now apparent that the Reagan years were an anomaly, a blip on the radar. As soon as Bush 1 was elected (on a promise to continue Reaganism) the ossified old fossils of the establishment were back in command. Everything since has been one squandered opportunity after another. It can happen only so many times before you must conclude it to be deliberate.

Oh, hell yeah.  Bush 1 as VP was the poison pill fail-safe.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 02:27:02 PM »
I am listening to the local AM talk radio show and after the host played the Wallace/Rove clip, he exclaimed (referring to Rove), "You thick-skulled moron!!".

I LOL'd.

According to Rove, Cruz's "colleagues" are pissed because he's dictating to them "through the media" instead of meeting with them and discussing issues.  Why does this remind me of Reagan's strategy of going around the press and straight to the people.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 02:45:56 PM »
...The only thing that could have stopped it would have been for the party establishment to not sabotage every nascent conservative groundswell....

Since the advent of the Tea Party the GOP has been frantically trying to return to homeostasis. "Frantic" is becoming desperate.

Things are coming to a head, inside the GOP and everywhere else.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 02:52:18 PM »
Chriss Wallace I think leaked information that wasn't supposed to be made public. Was it on purpose? Or did he do it unwittingly?

I don't think that the GOP Elephants wanted it leaked to the public that they were behind the opposition research against one of their own. Sarah Is sticking ti to the GOP Elephants! Go Sarah!
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

RickZ

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 02:58:35 PM »
I bet if you asked any of these RINO @ssholes what the 'TEA' in TEA Party stands for, they would not have a fukcing clue, which speaks volumes about their principles.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 05:25:00 PM »
I am listening to the local AM talk radio show and after the host played the Wallace/Rove clip, he exclaimed (referring to Rove), "You thick-skulled moron!!".

I LOL'd.

According to Rove, Cruz's "colleagues" are pissed because he's dictating to them "through the media" instead of meeting with them and discussing issues.  Why does this remind me of Reagan's strategy of going around the press and straight to the people.

Exactly. It also reminds me of another axiom: the heaviest flak is directly over the target.

I don't think they realize just how "done" the conservative base is with this party. They should have clued in with the number of Republicans who didn't come out to vote in 2012. I am still somewhat surprised when I realize that there's lots of other people who have become just as strident as I am, to the point of being willing to risk Democrat victories if that is what it will take to either wrest this party out of the grubby hands of these Beltway consultants or to finally put it down once and for all.

Their party is in the midst of an existential crisis and these thick-skulled morons don't even realize it.

- Yours Truly

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 06:17:52 PM »
I would think that the old white men must be made to see that the true tea party and conservatives see little if no difference between a vote for them or a democrat and after all the campaign donation money that has been wasted on these old white guys the only satisfaction the true conservatives can get at this point is watching them all lose to democrats.

Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 06:30:00 PM »
They are statists, the status quo is all they care about and until they get that the status quo is the problem they will not change.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 07:49:51 PM »
[. I am still somewhat surprised when I realize that there's lots of other people who have become just as strident as I am, to the point of being willing to risk Democrat victories if that is what it will take to either wrest this party out of the grubby hands of these Beltway consultants or to finally put it down once and for all.

Their party is in the midst of an existential crisis and these thick-skulled morons don't even realize it.

What risk? Its in our best interest to let it burn and throw fuel on the fire. Its not our country. Its not our Republic. Both the GOP and the DEMs are too stupid to realize America is an Idea, and if you want loyalty, you have better do more than just give that idea lip service. Let the Demos rule. Or try to. Come on you so so better than me tyrants. Make Me obey.
Its only a matter of time before the left must make they tyranny overt.

"The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 08:14:44 PM »
The Tea Party and conservatives should take the status quo republicans aside and tell them that without teaparty and conservative support, they will never win an election anywhere again ....

We've been -- no money for the RNC nor the RSC -- and they don't care.

And enough with the "old white men" stuff, can ya?  That's the Left's line -- it smacks of  "old, dead White guys" aka The Founding Fathers.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 01:05:15 AM »
New optical illusion: Mitch McConnell Or A Turtle

Choose the right one...there's gonna be a quiz later.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2013, 07:18:52 AM »
The people I would consider earning my vote for President is small. Anyone backed by a Butthead would not get my support. My wish would be for Wallace to publish "the list".

I would love to see him do that...but I don't think he'll go that far, he likely PO-d his sources by disclosing they were GOP insiders so to me outing them would make sense and it would make Wallace a true hero, but alas I don't think he has the stones...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 07:22:10 AM »

I LOL'd.

Exactly. It also reminds me of another axiom: the heaviest flak is directly over the target.

I don't think they realize just how "done" the conservative base is with this party. They should have clued in with the number of Republicans who didn't come out to vote in 2012. I am still somewhat surprised when I realize that there's lots of other people who have become just as strident as I am, to the point of being willing to risk Democrat victories if that is what it will take to either wrest this party out of the grubby hands of these Beltway consultants or to finally put it down once and for all.

Let Them DIE!!!

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 08:00:26 AM »
Hack into those emails....demand they be made public!
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.