Author Topic: we need some turbulence  (Read 1145 times)

Offline whimsicalmamapig

we need some turbulence
« on: September 28, 2013, 08:44:12 AM »
"The Democrats, and much of the Republican establishment, have made a bet that there is no turbulence left in America, and the citizenry will stand mute before Obamacare’s wrecking ball. Unless they’re willing to accept a worse life for their children and grandchildren, middle-class Americans need to prove them wrong."  Mark Steyn 09-28-13

Just read this on National Review. Seems we have become the dumbest bunch of sheep on the planet and you can't even get a rise out of anyone. The freight train is barreling down on us and we are standing in the middle of the track watching our IPhone.

I am not sure which will do us in first, obamacare or the Obama doctrine on foreign policy.   what a mess, even our second most incompetent president (insert your choice here) couldn't have endangered our nation on so many fronts without some visible signs of outrage. I feel like an alien in my own land, who are these zombie sheep that are the American electorate?  maybe it was all that fluoride in the water!!!!!
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Re: we need some turbulence
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 08:52:20 AM »
My wife and I, our children, and our grandkids have all risen, some (like me) to the point we never touch the ground, about what's happening to our country!

I'll probably be gone when things really go to hell, but I fear for our kids and grandkids.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 11:56:09 AM »
What happened is that the public eventually discovered that they could vote for a living rather than work for a living. Even the ancient Greeks recognized that inherent danger in democratic systems. It's a big part of why the Founders specifically made this a republic rather than a democracy. Most people don't think twice about the names of the two major parties: Democrats and Republicans. Those names belie a fundamental difference in political philosophy (well, they used to). Much of the 20th Century could be described as moving us away from a republic and to more of a direct democracy, what with the 17th Amendment, and the chorus of demands to eliminate the Electoral College.

Yes, we have a population largely composed of morons. Morons who vote, many of them multiple times. The only thing you can do is withdraw your consent and be prepared to bleed to death in your doorway when they try to force your consent.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 02:49:53 PM »
What happened is that the public eventually discovered that they could vote for a living rather than work for a living. Even the ancient Greeks recognized that inherent danger in democratic systems. It's a big part of why the Founders specifically made this a republic rather than a democracy. Most people don't think twice about the names of the two major parties: Democrats and Republicans. Those names belie a fundamental difference in political philosophy (well, they used to). Much of the 20th Century could be described as moving us away from a republic and to more of a direct democracy, what with the 17th Amendment, and the chorus of demands to eliminate the Electoral College.

Yes, we have a population largely composed of morons. Morons who vote, many of them multiple times. The only thing you can do is withdraw your consent and be prepared to bleed to death in your doorway when they try to force your consent.

That's what we've "achieved" with the government's schools, run by liberal dimbocraps.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 12:39:23 AM »
"The Democrats, and much of the Republican establishment, have made a bet that there is no turbulence left in America, and the citizenry will stand mute before Obamacare’s wrecking ball. Unless they’re willing to accept a worse life for their children and grandchildren, middle-class Americans need to prove them wrong."  Mark Steyn 09-28-13

Just read this on National Review. Seems we have become the dumbest bunch of sheep on the planet and you can't even get a rise out of anyone. The freight train is barreling down on us and we are standing in the middle of the track watching our IPhone.

I am not sure which will do us in first, obamacare or the Obama doctrine on foreign policy.   what a mess, even our second most incompetent president (insert your choice here) couldn't have endangered our nation on so many fronts without some visible signs of outrage. I feel like an alien in my own land, who are these zombie sheep that are the American electorate?  maybe it was all that fluoride in the water!!!!!

And at -- http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/092713-672896-obamacare-will-downsize-america-to-a-new-normal.htm?p=full

H/T http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 11:29:09 AM »
BITS!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 11:53:27 AM »

So don't stand on the tracks. Get your shotgun, some popcorn and a lawnchair and watch.  The Exodus of Americans and their capital  overseas has already  begun.  There are great number already out - and quite frankly, if you can establish yourself as a "native" this is probably your best course of action.  When the economy goes, however, Leftists from America will flood elsewhere by the millions, and Americans, lacking the money value that has protected them for oh so long, will be persecuted and hated nearly everywhere they go, especially as the waves of entitled arrive.  If you aren't considered "local" at that point, you will live as a second class citizen for the rest of your life.

Otherwise just get off those tracks. If 90% die because they are too stupid to move, then they deserve what they get, and it solves a large part of our problem for us, providing we can survive that period ourselves.  I am of the somewhat  foolish "stay and fight" mentality. .
If you stay its guaranteed that  you will be living at third world standards- and probably in a war zone.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 11:57:15 AM »
I just hope I have a safe enough vantage point to enjoy my beer.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.