Author Topic: C Rock!  (Read 1312 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
C Rock!
« on: October 04, 2013, 11:09:14 AM »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: C Rock!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 11:10:17 AM »
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 11:14:45 AM »

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Magnum

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 04:37:42 PM »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 04:40:31 PM »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 05:05:13 PM »
Nice stuff everyone! Here's a fave. Like the imagery. There's still time on the scoreboard - so don't leave earth before the man comes around...

Johnny Cash The Man Comes Around

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 12:13:54 AM »
Just love that Cash song. Here's another one I love. I envision this song with Leftists in the video.

Gods gonna cut you down

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 01:37:39 AM »
Listen to this song with an ear for Christian imagery and message. I don't know if Kevin Cronin was raised in a Christian home, a stealth evangelist, or anointed by God, but to me, once I heard it, it was undeniable.

Same thing with the Emmylou Harris song above. I listened to that song 50 times before I realized she was signing from the perspective of Jesus.

REO Speedwagon - Roll With The Changes

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 08:55:05 AM »
Beings that Johnny Cash is trending...

U2 AND JOHNNY CASH -- THE WANDERER by U2MIXER

Offline Magnum

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 07:14:30 PM »
I don't know if Creed as a whole are Christians. The lead singer Scott Stapp says he is. But many of their songs have a Godly message.

Jesus of Nazareth: Higher (Creed)

Some of my Kids like P.O.D. I do like this song.

P.O.D. - Beautiful (Official Music Video)
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Magnum

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 07:30:43 PM »
I grew up listening to Alice Cooper. Awesome to know He is now saved...................

Surprise! Alice Cooper is a Christian

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 07:41:55 PM »
Speaking of Scott Stapp... I know he's been a very conflicted fella. Fame hasn't treated him well - or should I say he hasn't treated fame well. But he is a Christian guy, and has done what he could to "infiltrate" the world of secular music with a Christian message. Never more so than with his (tepidly received) solo work... I like this song a lot.

Passion of the Christ/The Great Divide-Scott Stapp

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 12:53:19 AM »
Crap or Crock, I see little difference. Putting a C in front of something does not so much change my basic opinion. It is what it is.....but CRap and CRock do give an impression, do they not?
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 02:31:50 PM »
This isn't rock, but putting it here will get you guys to listen. Absolutely beautiful A Capella, created by one guy with a multi-track and some video savvy. Check it out.

This is One A Capella Hymn You HAVE to Listen to - You'll Be Stunned.

It took this young man multiple takes to put this all together, but you'll be so glad he did! Listen to his one man band performance of I Need Thee O I Need Thee. What he can do is simply stunning.

Great, Great payoff in the final minute or so, when he really let's his talent loose. Praise God!

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2013, 09:55:53 AM »
This isn't rock, but putting it here will get you guys to listen. Absolutely beautiful A Capella, created by one guy with a multi-track and some video savvy. Check it out.

This is One A Capella Hymn You HAVE to Listen to - You'll Be Stunned.

It took this young man multiple takes to put this all together, but you'll be so glad he did! Listen to his one man band performance of I Need Thee O I Need Thee. What he can do is simply stunning.

Great, Great payoff in the final minute or so, when he really let's his talent loose. Praise God!

Wow! Just had a chance to listen. Amazing production & sound. Thanks!  :D

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 04:11:18 PM »
Just started digging on the latest Wetton-Downes release and I remember that every Asia and Wetton-Downes release of the past several years usually has one or two songs with pretty specific Christian overtones.  Icon 3 is no different.  This is from one of the previous CD's

John Wetton - God Walks With Us