Author Topic: One Minute Apologist  (Read 795 times)

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
One Minute Apologist
« on: October 04, 2013, 11:55:44 AM »
I love these little vignettes & have used them with our kids & their youth group. Being able to defend why you believe what you believe is becoming increasingly necessary in the face of postmodernism. But we don't [necessarily] want to start a knock-down, drag-our argument. Start with a soft answer, then a little louder...

I won't flood this thread, but put some of the weightier discussions up for whoever is interested in engaging with atheistic thought in a way that rocks their world (as opposed to merely demanding that the Bible is true...which they won't acknowledge).

360. Does Causality Apply To The Beginning Of The Universe?
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Magnum

Re: One Minute Apologist
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 04:43:33 PM »
Hi Pablo. Welcome Back. Hope You and Yours are dong well and may Gods Blessings be upon you.

Don't worry about flooding the thread. Please! There is nothing. NOTHING more important than in spreading the Good News of our Lord and Savior Yeshua Jesus.

Thank you for posting this. I too love the one minute Apologist.

All of them are really good so it is hard to pick a few. But anytime I can introduce my mentor Dr. Michael Brown I will.

53. Michael Brown - Leviticus Laws & Homosexuality

I also like this one form Josh McDowell on Tolerance

43. Josh McDowell - Tolerance Is Unbiblical
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 08:56:33 PM »
Piggybacking (rather than begin yet another thread). This is long (38") but good. My mens Bible Study opted for it one week when we were in-between studies.

Evolution vs. God Ray Comfort interviews science professors and biology majors @ universities.

Evolution Vs. God
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 01:14:42 AM »
I have always viewed evolution and creation as being more complementary than at odds. I think evolution is part of God's creation, as opposed to an alternate explanation. It's the mechanism He put into living things. Evolutionary biologists are fond of referring to their theory of abiogensis, or abiotic genesis of life, the idea that simple life forms came about from non-living matter. Is it true? I don't know. Seems consistent to me with what the book of Genesis says: God created the Heavens and the Earth, the Lightness and the Dark, the Air, Seas, and Land, and only after these did the living creatures come. We do know that living beings on this planet are made from the same raw materials as the rocks, the sea, and the air. Yet those things are not living.

People can certainly get into the weeds with some of the more broad and sweeping claims of evolution, and I think some of it is outright nonsense, but if you look at it as the product of natural selection over thousands or millions of iterations then it is sensible. It merely deepens my sense of wonder at God's majestic creation.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 09:55:54 AM »
I like that Evolution vs God video. I admire the interviewer's tenacity and ability to build a logical case, and I also admire the willingness of his interviewees to patiently stick with him.

Undoubtedly, there are also videos out there of secularists or atheists building logic snares for Christians. The difference is, Christians know that our belief rests on faith. What this video demonstrates is that the atheist cloaks himself in science, but is actually engaging in an act of faith.

Further, it demonstrates that the faith in scientific disproof of God is illogical faith. That is not to say that faith in God is logical in the absolute. Only that it requires a more honest, direct line from logic to faith than does the belief that science disproves God.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 10:20:17 AM »
We do know that living beings on this planet are made from the same raw materials as the rocks, the sea, and the air. Yet those things are not living.

We do know that God gave us a hint when He stated that He "breathed Life" into Adam after creating him from dust. Do we not?
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"