Author Topic: Just commodities  (Read 136952 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Just commodities
« Reply #640 on: March 17, 2020, 07:33:21 AM »
Yeah, report back on that availability, I suspect some have better logistics and pull than others ..but goobermint could start heavy- handed edicts to level that.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #641 on: March 17, 2020, 07:57:23 AM »
In fact, I'll do it this morning as my dentist just shut down.  Seems that edict just went out this morning, shutting down dentists.

I figure they'll have something in stock, in the morning.  Coralville, Iowa isn't a s**thole like Brooklyn, NY.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #642 on: March 17, 2020, 11:54:25 AM »
Score.   ::cool::

Certain items were gone.  No Irish Spring, no Perdue Chicken Nuggets.  And as you can see, those aren't Kirkland brands.  But they aren't Scott, either, so my bathroom won't be like a gas station the next month or two.   ::thumbsup::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #643 on: March 17, 2020, 12:05:36 PM »
Yeah but Scott easier on those with septic systems...just an FYI for folks.

But good haul.  I'm going to hit mine the way home.

We're all being asked to work from home now...so, I have to augment a few items to be sure I can ride out however long it takes...

I wonder how online orders will go?  I will try some Omaha Steaks see how that availability is this evening...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #644 on: March 17, 2020, 01:36:16 PM »
I went to Cub in New Brighton MN yesterday. No TP, almost no paper towels. Lots of produce and most meats.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #645 on: March 17, 2020, 01:52:05 PM »
I think the trick is going in the morning, at opening.  I assume they restock overnight. 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #646 on: March 17, 2020, 05:00:21 PM »
Food Lion parking lot jammed early this afternoon.  I don't get it; I'd've thought people would've gotten what they needed by now, what with the constantly empty shelves, but maybe not, what with the constantly empty shelves.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #647 on: March 17, 2020, 05:34:00 PM »
  Store aren't getting full orders to restock which isn't helping.  The only reason the damned toilet paper is gone is people are just buying it and they don't know why either.  I was in a local store and I told an employee that they just sold their last package her answer was already? Then she said she bought a big package I aske if she was out he answer no not at all but everybody keeps buying it and she thought they knew something she didn't.  WTF!

As an aside those making their own hand sanitizer if they are out of aloe go look in the sun burn area cause nobody is thinking of that yet.  They had a bunch at CVS.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #648 on: March 17, 2020, 09:06:28 PM »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #649 on: March 18, 2020, 10:05:10 AM »
I think the trick is going in the morning, at opening.  I assume they restock overnight.

Yes, that's what the gal at CostCo said as I picked up some other stuff...but I cannot do that till the weekend...when it will likely be more insane...I bet people line up hours before...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #650 on: March 18, 2020, 10:08:10 AM »
  Store aren't getting full orders to restock which isn't helping.  The only reason the damned toilet paper is gone is people are just buying it and they don't know why either.  I was in a local store and I told an employee that they just sold their last package her answer was already? Then she said she bought a big package I aske if she was out he answer no not at all but everybody keeps buying it and she thought they knew something she didn't.  WTF!

As an aside those making their own hand sanitizer if they are out of aloe go look in the sun burn area cause nobody is thinking of that yet.  They had a bunch at CVS.

Like Pan said...I don't get it either...

For the above..huh, what?  Making their own?  Rubbing alcohol and...what?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #651 on: March 18, 2020, 10:08:59 AM »

::hysterical::

I guess both arms were needed, eh?  Dude, get a cart!  Leave no roll behind!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #652 on: March 18, 2020, 11:57:24 AM »
Maybe it came down to money, not arms; what to pay for, what to pay for/eenie meenie minee mo ...........
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #653 on: March 18, 2020, 09:10:06 PM »

I just went to an inner ring suburb of Minneapolis, New Brighton, to Cub foods. TP gone, some bread picked over,lots of produce.
Some meat picked over. Tons of canned goods, even on sale. No problems. I picked up corned beef, cabbage, a large pre-made lasagna, garlic bread.

They reduced hours. I had stocked up on non-perishables weeks ago.
I went out for Redbox. Richard Jewell and Superman Red Son.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #654 on: March 19, 2020, 06:25:35 AM »
I've noticed all the stuff hoarded is high in carbs, so no real disruption of my diet.  Fareway (a smaller version of Cub/Hy-Vee) did have have a few loaves of bread in stock, but only more expensive Sara Lee.  Grabbed one for the wife. And only a few boxes of wheat spaghetti noodles.  Got my Irish Spring, so no stinky me.  But they were fully stocked on both liquid and bar soap.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #655 on: March 19, 2020, 08:00:14 AM »
Maybe it came down to money, not arms; what to pay for, what to pay for/eenie meenie minee mo ...........

6 rolls of TP should not cost more than a 12 pack of brew...but I guess that is the times we are in, eh?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #656 on: March 19, 2020, 08:01:21 AM »

I just went to an inner ring suburb of Minneapolis, New Brighton, to Cub foods. TP gone, some bread picked over,lots of produce.
Some meat picked over. Tons of canned goods, even on sale. No problems. I picked up corned beef, cabbage, a large pre-made lasagna, garlic bread.

They reduced hours. I had stocked up on non-perishables weeks ago.
I went out for Redbox. Richard Jewell and Superman Red Son.

Yup, many doing that, so they have more time to re-stock...makes sense, but open-up has to be like Black Friday everyday now, eh?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #657 on: March 19, 2020, 08:03:21 AM »
I've noticed all the stuff hoarded is high in carbs, so no real disruption of my diet.  Fareway (a smaller version of Cub/Hy-Vee) did have have a few loaves of bread in stock, but only more expensive Sara Lee.  Grabbed one for the wife. And only a few boxes of wheat spaghetti noodles.  Got my Irish Spring, so no stinky me.  But they were fully stocked on both liquid and bar soap.

The bread thing bothers me...I like fresh...people must be hoarding/freezing...don't like frozen bread...looks like I will have to dust off the bread machine and make my own...dang, bet I don't have flour or yeast...well, that's on my list.

On the plus side, gas keeps dropping, some speculation that in some areas it could dip below $1 for regular...silver futures still trending down...daring a another purchase...if there is anything available to purchase...I mean APMEX is out of even 1,000oz bars!

Getting some silver dollars and halves...not much else left.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 08:25:14 AM by Libertas »

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #658 on: March 19, 2020, 08:38:16 AM »
Down to $1.58 near my home.

Both Fareway and Hy-Vee have just reduced hours in Iowa.  They say to restock and do extra cleaning every night.  Then when they do open in the morning, the first hour is restricted to 65 and over.

A common sense thing to do in a time of hysteria.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #659 on: March 19, 2020, 10:59:40 AM »
 1.77 yesterday.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie