Author Topic: Just commodities  (Read 136913 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Just commodities
« Reply #720 on: May 01, 2020, 08:45:04 AM »
So, it is with great interest that we note that CME Group said its Chicago Mercantile Exchange subsidiary entered into an amended credit facility for a $7 billion revolving secured credit facility.

As Bloomberg reports, in a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing, CME it entered into an amendment to its 364-day multi-currency credit facility with Bank of America N.A., as administrative agent, Citibank N.A., as collateral agent and collateral monitoring agent and some of the banks under its existing facility.

The amended facility is for a multi-currency revolving secured credit facility of $7 billion, which is eligible to be increased to $10 billion.

Specifically, the filing says, the new credit facility is "intended to provide temporary liquidity to CME in the event of a clearing member default, a liquidity constraint or depositary default, or in the event of a delay in the payment systems utilized by CME."

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/after-gold-oil-contract-chaos-cme-group-secures-7-billion-credit-line-case-clearing-member

All the reward...none of the risk...not wanting to stop the music and find out who is sans chair...

Another factoring house, yeah, that's the ticket!

::)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #721 on: July 21, 2020, 08:12:33 AM »
Good thing I acquired more...

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/silver-soaring-again-citi-sees-2000-gold-imminent

...sure the latest boating accident was a hiccup but at the bottom of a lake is a vast treasure only getting more valuable.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #722 on: August 06, 2020, 08:36:54 AM »
Recent run up...

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/despite-big-july-gains-silver-still-historically-undervalued

...glad I acquired some several months ago, even despite another unfortunate boating accident...

...and seems like...forever...silver has been undervalued to gold...nothing "new" there...

...as always...is this legit or just another pump-and-dump op?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #723 on: February 01, 2021, 09:20:44 AM »
Is this an indication of things starting to pop or a long overdue correction in the under-spread of Ag to AU?

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/its-been-nuts-silver-surges-most-lehman-bankruptcy-hits-7-year-high-over-30

I'm thinking this might be the flag to look out for -

H/T-WRSA@GAB

It appears some are interested in challenging to statist "reset" cabal. 

::deercorn::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #724 on: February 01, 2021, 10:04:03 AM »
1980 called.  It wants the Hunt Brothers back.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #725 on: February 01, 2021, 10:25:50 AM »
Oh yeah...you are old.   ::hysterical::

Well, I'm, there with ya!   ;D

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #726 on: February 01, 2021, 05:56:10 PM »
In 1980, every silver quarter I had was magically worth $7.50.  That was real money for a teen.  Too bad it all went poof, literally overnight.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #727 on: February 02, 2021, 08:08:20 AM »
Yeah, it's all about timing...and now days that's measured in like picoseconds vs hours...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #728 on: February 02, 2021, 09:50:32 AM »
The monkey-hammering will continue until the slaves fall in line with their masters...

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/unprecedented-history-apmex-ceo-explains-why-they-halted-silver-bullion-sales-over-weekend

Nice shearing and beat down at the same time.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/most-shorted-stocks-are-crashing

After-hours magical mystery tour...the show that never ends.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #729 on: February 02, 2021, 10:34:11 AM »
The monkey-hammering will continue until the slaves fall in line with their masters...

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/unprecedented-history-apmex-ceo-explains-why-they-halted-silver-bullion-sales-over-weekend

The only people getting hurt are the big banks -  as we have been waiting for - there is finally "a run" on physical silver.
Apmex can't get any -- and both Gold and Silver spot prices dropped today - and Apmex raised the premiums by the same amount .  Getting real gold in your hands is going to be $2000/oz and real silver $40/ Oz

and if this actually breaks the manipulation for good.. then we can expect the 1:15 ratio in gold and silver to return - meaning silver is likely to go to over $100/oz

Thinks are getting frisky .. and the end game is coming

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #730 on: February 02, 2021, 10:46:32 AM »

The only people getting hurt are the big banks -  as we have been waiting for - there is finally "a run" on physical silver.
Apmex can't get any -- and both Gold and Silver spot prices dropped today - and Apmex raised the premiums by the same amount .  Getting real gold in your hands is going to be $2000/oz and real silver $40/ Oz

and if this actually breaks the manipulation for good.. then we can expect the 1:15 ratio in gold and silver to return - meaning silver is likely to go to over $100/oz

Thinks are getting frisky .. and the end game is coming

Yes, I lost track of how many years I've been waiting for some rebalance in the Ag:Au ratio...a long time coming and yeah, things could be getting spicey...but the manipulators won't go down easy...and with banks (actually the Fed) with their balls on the cutting board...we could see a fracturing of the power centers beginning...and a hard break would get really spicey then.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #731 on: March 31, 2021, 01:25:30 PM »
Talking with a insider on PM market...seeing if any movement in reducing premiums...spreads are still high...and expecting retail and industrial demand to stay strong...just trying to see how honest they'll be with me...

Thinks it might be easing a bit...not a firm answer but perhaps the best to be expected...the hunt goes on...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #732 on: April 23, 2021, 08:26:23 AM »
Well, wine is a commodity...one I partake of from time to time...and looks like a bad frost at French vineyards might be decimating yield...

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/agricultural-disaster-frost-blast-decimates-french-vineyards-may-slash-total-wine

...no mention of competitors, so as long as no impacts elsewhere the only impact may be slightly higher prices as demand shifts and greatly higher prices for those who must have French.  Don't know about the US, still a drought on out west?  Irrigation means those costs get passed along into final product as well, so domestic may not be necessarily all that less expensive.

Offline Lady Virginia

« Reply #733 on: April 30, 2021, 10:14:59 AM »
Well, wine is a commodity...one I partake of from time to time...and looks like a bad frost at French vineyards might be decimating yield...

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/agricultural-disaster-frost-blast-decimates-french-vineyards-may-slash-total-wine

...no mention of competitors, so as long as no impacts elsewhere the only impact may be slightly higher prices as demand shifts and greatly higher prices for those who must have French.  Don't know about the US, still a drought on out west?  Irrigation means those costs get passed along into final product as well, so domestic may not be necessarily all that less expensive.

My daughter got married last year and they stocked the bar for the reception. So I have a closet full of unopened wine and spirits that didn't get opened. At first I wasn't happy to be stuck with it. But now it's looking like an excellent resource to have for trade, medicinal purposes or just to drink.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #734 on: April 30, 2021, 11:42:05 AM »

My daughter got married last year and they stocked the bar for the reception. So I have a closet full of unopened wine and spirits that didn't get opened. At first I wasn't happy to be stuck with it. But now it's looking like an excellent resource to have for trade, medicinal purposes or just to drink.

I think you've got the possible uses out of order.  Just sayin'.       :supercool:      ::beertoast::

eta:  Oh, and congratulations on your daughter's nuptials.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #735 on: April 30, 2021, 09:43:14 PM »

Hey, the party's at Lady Virginia's!

::whoohoo::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #736 on: May 03, 2021, 08:18:43 AM »
Oh my...could start a stampede...at least (unlike Hank Johnson) we know Virginia won't tip and sink from the influx...

Offline Lady Virginia

« Reply #737 on: May 09, 2021, 11:06:31 PM »
always ready for a party!

especially since this past year when a gathering is/was so subversive.... :supercool:

so we're actually drinking it...but there's plenty
 ::thumbsup:: ::thumbsup:: ::thumbsup::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #738 on: May 10, 2021, 07:52:47 AM »
Yay!  All for joyous subversion!

::beertoast::

Offline Lady Virginia

« Reply #739 on: May 10, 2021, 07:36:01 PM »
Yay!  All for joyous subversion!

::beertoast::

that's been our theme this year...